Yu Gi Oh The Movie: Beyond The Bonds Of Time May 30th at AoL

Kinda sucks how we won't be able to see Yu-Gi-Oh! in 3D. Although, with the limited run the first movie (available in English) got, I doubt they'd make a profit off running a 40-odd minute film in cinemas...in 3D.

Although, they could just bundle in those glasses, like Coraline did.

I thought it was odd, as I don't think Manga (or any other company known for anime for that matter) have distributed 4kids titles in the past.

But then...who is releasing it?

Ryu Shoji said:
Sorry for the double post, but Manga Entertainment are releasing it. 14th May in Cinemas, and 30th May on DVD:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... and-on-dvd
waitwut.jpg

But, but they said they weren't. This is all confusing!

Basically, it seems like the retailers dun goof'd and listed the DVDs early. Whoever runs MangaUK's twitter probably didn't have permission to confirm the license until now, so until then, they had to deny it.

To be honest, I don't see a cinema release making any profit. I doubt it will be nationwide, as even "Pyramid of Light" wasn't nationwide (and that was when YGO was popular), but still. They should have just released it straight to DVD with 3D glasses bundled (like Coraline).

Okay, yeah, they have just told me this is definately happening..

But this is NOT going to end well. What the **** are they doing? They know that 4Kids's is in deep trouble already for releasing stuff they don't have the DVD rights for, so what do they do? They go and release it on DVD! FUNi might get off the hook if they claim they never knew about it in the first place, but since this is public knowledge now, they could get involved in all this legal trouble.

I'm already worrying if MVM is shutting down this year, I don't wanna lose MangaUk aswell :(

Jayme said:
I kinda doubt that would even happen. YGO is so not worth the trouble. And I like to think Jerome knows his stuff.
Jerome isn't a lawyer, he just runs the company. Plus, this was probably licenced and authored long before public knowledge.
But, now it is public knowledge, I think the best think to do is pull the release incase they do get caught up in legal problems.
But, I'm not a lawyer, either, so this is all just me being cautious.

Paradox295 said:
Okay, yeah, they have just told me this is definately happening..

But this is NOT going to end well. What the **** are they doing? They know that 4Kids's is in deep trouble already for releasing stuff they don't have the DVD rights for, so what do they do? They go and release it on DVD! FUNi might get off the hook if they claim they never knew about it in the first place, but since this is public knowledge now, they could get involved in all this legal trouble.

I'm already worrying if MVM is shutting down this year, I don't wanna lose MangaUk aswell :(
4 Kids , have full rights dvd etc. rights and can sub-licence them.
What that's to do with was not telling the Japense licensees about some money that was involved in the FUNimation contract, and therefore not paying them all the royalties they're owed.

I doubt MVM are going anywhere.

Certainly Anime on Line looks to be solid enough, and MVM are still releasing live action this year on a regular basis.

It's just that anime is getting thin on the ground for them, although not when it comes to re-releases and boxsets.

At the moment it looks like it's down to Gonzo titles and back catalogue stuff from companies like Mediablasters

That still offers the scope for shows like Blassreiter, Linebarrels of Iron, Dragonaut, and now that Siren have licenced it for R4, Welcome to the NHK as well. I wouldn't mind seeing some stuff like Genshiken come to the UK either.

It's also the move to boxsets that make MVM stuff look even more scarce. Before they would release a disc a month, now they are releasing sx discs in one go for Tower of Druaga.

But yes, Funimation needs to stop sitting on all the toys and let someone other than Manga play.

As for the Yu-gi-oh movie, I doubt that Manga would have announced it if they didn't have all the i's dotted and t's crossed on the contract. Still, I won't be too surprised if it quietly vanishes from the schedules in the next few weeks. After all, what's the point of selling a dead franchise?

Back