Your viewing journal

Going through Spiral atm (bought the boxset whilst at the expo so finally getting around to it)

Watched the first 13 episodes out of the 25 so far and it seems pretty interesting, even if the animation is rather bland. I like the detective stuff and the mystery in it, but its certainly no Death Note or anything similar.

Hiyono is cute i guess ;)

Aion, why are you watching Zeta which I WANT to watch and watching Blue Gender the same time I am? Wtf. Get out of my head, son.

1-18 Blue Gender - I was rather worried about the Space Station part, but in the end I believed it pulled together rather well, I mean the "Save the world" task obviously WOULD come, it had to, it's just too obvious, but I still adore the beginning. I was hoping something would happen with that soldiers "Angel" but too bad she died. I've never skipped the opening yet either, it's pretty win. I also like how Marlene and Yuji reserved roles at the mid-point, with Marlene caring about human lives and Yuji willing to do whatever it takes to finish off the mission. Will finish later today then start something else.

I might re-play Lost Planet, which is basically Blue Gender: The Game.

Keeping up with weekly releases too like Bakemonogatari (Which I want to drop, but I end up carrying on) new FMA, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and Guin Saga. Going to put Gundam 0079 to a close soon too, then I MIGHT start Zeta.

Lupus said:
I also like how Marlene and Yuji reserved roles at the mid-point, with Marlene caring about human lives and Yuji willing to do whatever it takes to finish off the mission.
I feel quite the same way. I can't single out any aspect of Blue Gender that left a long-lasting affect on me, but the effect of the Double-edge mecha on the lead characters' relationship made for some engrossing viewing at the time, whilst also providing a suitable transition from the first third of the story to the last. Some revelations defied my initial expectations, but the ending was only notable in the closure it provided, as opposed to being something memorably climactic or unexpected.

Now onto the final episode of Kannagi. Enjoyable so far, just hope that the ending is good :3

Also watched episodes 15-19 of Rune soldier today. Fun enough to watch, but nothing amazing.

Finished off the last few disks of Slayers Next.

Really enjoyed it, can't wait for the next disk.

And I'm sooooooo happy that Funimation managed to get the main 4 original cast members back for Slayers R, rather than the awfull re casting of the ADV OAVs. :D

Elfen Lied 1-7

I don't think I've ever seen such a manic-depressive series populated by such a bunch of freaks. If they aren't bloodthristy psychopaths (both with and without horns), cold emotionless scientists or rapist professors with delusions of grandeur then they've been unhealthily obsessing over their cousins since they last saw them, roughly ten years ago. Needless to say I'm loving it.

And I didn't even have to make the parody video I was thinking of because somebody already did* :D

*Not work safe unless you work in an abattoir.

Zin5ki said:
ayase said:
Needless to say I'm loving it.
Ahh. One of us.
Quite. Gooble Gobble.

Well, I finished it.
That's one hell of a repressed memory Kohta. Blocking out the fact that the odd girl you're living with tore your sister in half and popped your dad's head off in front of you several years ago. I'm not sure that plot twist was entirely necessary but I guess in the end that was the plot, given that the Diclonius plotline itself wasn't really tied up at all. Not that I'm complaining.
It was still a very good commentary on how humanity continues to torment itself, but I couldn't help but think it would be better if we did all have the power to tear each others heads off from several metres away. It might make people respect each other a bit more. Or more accurately probably fear, but I'm not so sure there's even a difference anymore...

/depression

Anyway, top marks not only for characterisation (******-up they may have been, but they were nearly all good characters) but for setting as well. Kanagawa Prefecture is definately my number one place to visit in Japan should I ever manage to save the money. The tone of the story couldn't be much different to my beloved YKK but the background scenery gave it a beautiful quality in it's calmer moments.

Now I'll have to check out the manga as the story apperently wasn't finished by the time it was animated and also ommited a fairly major character. I'm amazed it hasn't been officially released in English yet given the popularity of the anime.

Just finished Rozen Maiden Traumend. Darker, much darker than the first series.

This series brings old characters and actually carry on with the Alice game introducing two new dolls.

The character design is great, the ending song is amazing, but the opening song lacks the impact the first opening had on me.

The beginning is a bit slow introducing new characters and presenting the settings the story is going to take part. Once things gets going though, it becomes greater than the first series.

My rating would be a 7 , maybe an 8 as the series gets better towards the end.

I've also watched one episode of Golden Boy and I must say it's made of pure win! =) If it keeps going like that, it's going to make my top ten.

Fullmetal Alchemist 41 & 42

So, like, I am totally dense for not realizing that Sloth is the homunculus created as a result of Ed and Al's failed human transmutation of their mother? In fairness, though, the boys themselves never realized...

The final opening and ending songs are even shittier than the previous ones. Could the singer's voice in the opening be any flatter? I expected tunage more befitting of what is shaping up to be an epic concluding arc but I am disappointed once again. The only songs I like, in fact, are the first and second endings and the second opening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to write more but now I'm sulky.

I watched Dai Mahou Touge over the weekend (Magical Witch Punie-chan if you're collecting R1s). It was quite a strange experience. Almost every element of the show was brilliant yet somehow the result wasn't nearly as funny as it should have been and left me feeling quite disappointed. The show is by the same creative folks as Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan which I found extremely entertaining so I'm not sure how this one missed the mark for me so much.

Running off a list of the contents sounds like a recipe for success. Silly yankee thugs, pro-wrestling moves, ugly mascots, parodies of things which deserve to be parodied, a simple plot, attractive art and a similar style to Dokuro-chan all work in its favour. Perhaps it was also the downfall of this series and I'd subconsciously set my expectations too high?

I didn't hate Dai Mahou Touge; in fact I can't even single out anything I disliked whereas I can think of a number of moments that made me grin. As a complete show though something about it didn't quite hit the spot and it's firmly in "C" grade territory rather than something I'll pull out to show friends again and again. Somehow it being average is almost more depressing than being offensively bad.

Back to Gundam SEED Destiny in between, which is all over the place in quality. I keep thinking it's achieved brilliance and then something dumb happens and drags it back down to average once again. Halfway through at the moment and looking forward to the next volume of 00 coming out.

R

Back