Your viewing journal

My mother and I watched today:

Villainess Level 99 Episodes 9-12 (End). A happy ending for all - except the Demon Lord, lol.
Spice and Wolf (2008) Episode 1. I'll have to see if my mother will like this series, or if it will be too slow or boring for her.

Bucchigiri?! episode 12 Final fight. (Complete. A series that left me indifferent overall, mainly due to the lead character not often being particularly likeable.) 3/5

Jellyfish Can’t Swim in the Night
episode 1 Listen.

Ooi! Tonbo episode 1 Island life.

Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included episode 2 Normal friend.

The Fable episode 1 Supposed siblings.

Tonari no Youkai-San episode 1 Lessons and losses.

NANBAKA 2 episodes 20-25 & Special (Complete. A comedy series that was hit and miss but tried for its own visual identity.) 3/5

Natsume's Book of Friends (Rewatch)
episodes 1-13

Cyber City Oedo 808 complete

A nice little shortie. 1990s me would have loved this if I had it available to me. 2020s me enjoyed the aesthetic, fun but simple stories and the use of dick splash in the dub.

I think Benten was the most fun character and if this was ever expanded (it won’t, so in my head canon) there is an interesting story around his bishōnen look/lifestyle. Gogl’s backstory probably had the most depth (ankle deep) but it was nice to see that he wasn’t paper thin.

Great way to spend a Saturday night and Sunday morning enjoying somewhat mindless violence and nostalgic action.

Plot:💧dick splash
Fun: 🌊 dick splash

The Quintessential Quintuplets movie: Finally we have a resolution. The tension leading up to the big reveal was emotionally exhausting, but I think the journey was worthwhile.

I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince So I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability ep1: Hm. On one hand, I feel as though I've watched this series a bunch of times before; even the title immediately brings other shows to mind. We go through all of the stock content that every reincarnation light novel reproduces with slavish devotion: a half-baked allusion to what came before, an idealised birth scene, a humorous first experience with magic, scenes of a precocious know-it-all clashing with people who expect him to be an ordinary youth, etc. The breastfeeding joke was quite funny even if it was simultaneously the stupidest thing I've seen lately (I'm assuming that it was intended to be tongue in cheek). However, in spite of the complete absence of anything even approaching genuine creativity, this series somehow works thanks to its glossy animation and bouncy, unashamed enthusiasm. The thirsty way that the camera lingers over the young main character's bare thighs and long lashes is noticeable and kind of weird, as are the gushing, beautiful, voracious maids who tend to him. Still, '7th Prince' is unlikely to be all that memorable as time goes on but it's perfectly watchable and you get what was advertised in the title.

Highspeed Étoile ep1: The first show in a while where we didn't make it through the first episode. For a series all about high octane, futuristic racing with idols and bright colours, the pacing sure felt sluggish; in the end it was the lazy extended pit stops (which required zero animation since there were no pit crews) which persuaded us to give up and find something better to do with our lives. I like the idea of a racing series with plenty of female drivers but there's no equity here; the men all look like potatoes and the women look like bombastic pop megastars. And everything ultimately looks terrible because it's all cheap CG which makes even the racing itself feel slow. Bleh.

Astro Note ep1: This isn't just a copy of Maison Ikkoku as it first looked, it's a weird time-slipped parody of it which knowingly retells the same story only with some bonkers sci-fi elements. The characters are, generally, more annoying than they were in the original series, which is unfortunate, but my partner and I are pathetic enough to give it a second episode in order to meet the flamboyant lunatic teased in the credits and promotional art, just in case he's enough to make the rest of the show worth watching. The sci-fi stuff is silly enough to be entertaining even if the visuals and characters are so-so.

R

The Quintessential Quintuplets movie: Finally we have a resolution. The tension leading up to the big reveal was emotionally exhausting, but I think the journey was worthwhile.

I won't spoil this for anyone (unless you want to click the spoiler tag below for who my fav was), but I was firstly saddened that my pick didn't win, but further insulted that my least fav girl won!

Miku best girl

I won't spoil this for anyone (unless you want to click the spoiler tag below for who my fav was), but I was firstly saddened that my pick didn't win, but further insulted that my least fav girl won!

Miku best girl
I checked back on who I'd predicted after watching season 2 and I was also incorrect. On the bright side, that just means OUR girls are still single! :cool:

Yesterday:

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, So I'll Max Out My Defense -
Episodes 4-7

Spy x Family - Episodes 17-20

Today:

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, So I'll Max Out My Defense -
Episodes 8-12

Spy x Family - Episodes 21-25

Blue Archive The Animation episode 1 New teacher.

Go! Go! Loser Ranger! episode 1 Making fiends.

Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again episode 1 Turning back the years.

Mission: Yozakura Family episode 1 Target.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Part 2 episode 13 Home is where the Heart is.

One Piece episode 1100 The white warrior.

Sound! Euphonium 3 episode 1 Catching up.

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3 episode 25 Lessons.

Natsume's Book of Friends Season 2 episodes 14-26

Last edited:
Didn't realise episode 2 was out. Episode 1 was really good though, no one else really captures life the same way that KyoAni does, amazing production quality throughout and the little character moments they have are just icing on the cake.
It leaked last week so I watched it the naughty way.😬

Astro Note (Japanese) - Episode 1

A Condition Called Love (Japanese) - Episode 1

Two excellent first episodes, really enjoyed both of these, looking to be highlights of the season already for me.

Blue Archive The Animation Episode 1

Mission: Yozakura Family Episode 1

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Part 2 Episode 37

Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included Episode 2

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3 Episode 25

Sound Euphonium s3
Aack Sound Eupho is back!! I'm so frigging excited 😊! Right, need to clear up some me-time this evening with a nice coffee, under a toasty blanket to watch this on the telly as an underserved super-treat. Then again, shall I wait a few weeks so I can binge a few episodes at a time 🤔.... Nah sod it, I'll break from my habits and watch weekly and then binge all over again after.

Back