Your viewing journal

Science Fell In Love So I Tried To Prove It complete series: Don't like the poor grammar in the title and even in the mid episode pauses the US VAs were calling it Science geeks or people, so I'm probably not alone. I'd recommend watching in English for the first time, as I fear the subtitles could overwhelm some people with all that science jargon. Enjoyable story. Be nice to have a second series just to see the secondary characters have a chance at romantic theorising/experimentation.

RWBY: Ice Queendom - Episodes 1-3

Science Fell In Love So I Tried To Prove It complete series: Don't like the poor grammar in the title and even in the mid episode pauses the US VAs were calling it Science geeks or people, so I'm probably not alone. I'd recommend watching in English for the first time, as I fear the subtitles could overwhelm some people with all that science jargon. Enjoyable story. Be nice to have a second series just to see the secondary characters have a chance at romantic theorising/experimentation.

There is a second season according to MAL.

Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End episode 28 Privilege. (Complete. Frieren may be one of the best anime I’ve watched in a long while, and and stands with the best that I’ve seen. My only slight criticism is that the tournament arc was a bit less than what came before but the overall series still stands tall - I haven’t given one of these ratings in a long time.) 5/5

The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to pick up Trash
episode 11 Traitors.

Undead Unluck episode 24 Growth. (Complete. I thought this was a solid watch overall with the main duo of Fuuko and Andy being the key anchoring point. I’d happily watch another season.) 4/5

Mitchiri Neko
episodes 1-13 (Complete. A series of cute cat-themed shorts that Discotek licensed and is now likely going OOP.) 3/5

Miyuki
episodes 1-26

Last edited:
A Sign of Affection episode 12 Date. (Complete. An endearing romance story that felt mature in its execution whilst also being rather humorous and easygoing.) 4/5

Blue Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati Saga
episode 12 Cooling off. (Complete. A solid arc for the series, and it’s nice to know another is on the way.) 3.5/5

Bucchigiri?!
episode 10 Strange behaviour.

Firefighter Daigo: Rescuer in Orange episode 23 Bandages and tears. (Complete. A series with potential but also a lot of recaps which hindered the overall series for me.) 3/5

Kingdom 5th Season
episode 140 Shared dream.

Mashle 2nd Season episode 23 Elder care.

Ragna Crimson episode 23 Claws of death.

Solo Leveling episode 11 Seeing Red.

Miyuki episodes 27-37 (Complete. A reasonably entertaining romance comedy from the same mangaka who would go on to pen Touch and Mix). 3/5

Mobile Fighter G Gundam
episodes 1-8

Tales of Wedding Ring's (Uncensored) Episode 12 Return. (Complete... for now. A fairly decent first outing from this series for which I'll definitely be watching the second season.) 3.5/5

The Dangers in My Heart Season 2
Episode 24 Field trip.

The Strongest Tank's Labyrinth Raids Episode 12 Showdown. (Complete. A fantasy anime that follows in the footsteps of it's fellow "Kicked out of the Hero's Party" anime counterparts down the same trodden path. Overall a decent watch.) 3/5

Erased - I finished watching this a few days ago, but I thought it would be nice to make a first diary post here with the anime I most recently watched.

I loved this so much that I added it to my short list of favourite anime in my introduction post the other day. I dare say that it's not just one of my favourite anime, but one of my favourite pieces of media. And I'm 200 (41) years old, so that's really saying something.

What a perfect show. Gripping story, not a second wasted with filler. The pacing was so satisfying, with each episode ending on the kind of twist that forces your jaw to the floor. Expertly written. I can't even imagine the effort to create something this precise.

I love shows that use time travel as a construct for a bigger story - in this case (trying to avoid spoilers here), mysteriously and involuntarily jumping back in time to prevent a terrible tragedy. Also, again without giving spoilers, I'll say that I liked how it explained intergenerational abuse without excusing it - and in fact, explicitly not excusing it.

This is exactly my kind of show. If it sounds like it might appeal to you, I can't recommend it enough.

Outside of anime: finished the latest season of the wonderful and relentlessly absurdist On Cinema At The Cinema. Greatly enjoyed listening to King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard's "Omnium Gatherum", Anthony Rother's "Popkiller", and Anneke Van Giersbergen's "Everything is Changing".

7th Time Loop: The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy! Episode 12 Fireworks. (Complete. Like with other Villainess animes, this also treads the "avoid the bad ending".) 3/5

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Season 2 Episode 12 Reflect. (Complete. A better season than the first overall - though I did find the new hero to be very narrow-minded and repugnant.) 3.5/5

Ranma 1/2 episodes 139-146: I enjoyed the trip to the mushroom forest the most (love mushrooms!?), but it did give a disturbing glimpse into what Ranma and Akane being giddily in love would look like. My biggest concern with the series so far is the lack of a glimpse/mention of their mothers (apart from that fake one about 40 ep's ago). Then again, considering their respective father's, I'd not be surprised to find they ran away and cut off all contact.

Banished From the Hero's Party I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Season 2 episode 12 Getting even. (Complete. Though a decent watch I wish the story was a bit stronger.) 3.5/5

One Piece
episode 1098 Sleeping giant.

Shangri-La Frontier episode 24 Rare drops.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam episodes 9-28

Back