Your viewing journal

Dungeon Meshi episode 13 Spectral.

The Witch and the Beast episode 11 Reminiscence.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny episodes 21-44

Galaxy Angel S (a whole 2 episodes): how many times can the cast members die and return to life? Maybe they're really all cats.

Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics episode 2- 6: very primitive animation, dubious interpretations of the classic old stories and some dodgy English dialogue (I'm sure one VA changed in the middle of sentence). At least the resale value of this old Discotek BluRay is good, but can I make it all the way through all 24 episodes?

Gods’ Game We Play Episode 1 The game begins.

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (Film)

KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! 3 Episode 1 Summons.

Kung Fu Panda 4 (Film)

The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash Episode 12 Reaping the rewards. (Complete. A fine outing for which I would welcome another season.) 3/5

The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic Episode 12 A new journey. (Complete. Standard fantisekai though nothing special, I did find this to be enjoyable overall and not having a OP protagonist for once was a welcome change.) 3/5

The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to pick up Trash episode 12 Happiness (Complete. A pleasant watch overall.) 3.5/5

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
episodes 45-50, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: Stargazer OVA (Complete. Rather like its predecessor SEED Destiny is fun but flawed, doing some aspects well others less so, but it was good to finally get around to it, even if it took me so long that another film has just released that I’ll get to eventually.) 3.5/5

Mon Colle Knights
episodes 1-18

I started my mother on a new anime series from this past Fall season I thought she would like, and she is enjoying it very much. This is a rewatch for me:

Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion Episodes 1-4.

Last edited:
Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics episodes 7-19: some of the stories run across multiple episodes and they have removed the credits within these episodes, so the Snow White episode (4 episodes) ran for nearly 90 minutes. These stories have been, umm, altered in a number of ways. Someone out there REALLY hates witches.

Delicious in Dungeon ep13

Maybe I’m over analysing, but I wonder if this was the ‘if the manga isn’t a hit, we can end the story here’ part. Doesn’t matter. I don’t mind them doing something with a bit more substance, but I do think I preferred this when it was being more irreverent.

Urusei Yatsura (1981) ep4-5

Still can’t believe this is on Crunchyroll now. What’s next, Macross on Disney+? Wait…

Ranma ½: The Battle of Nekonron, China! A Battle to Defy the Rules! and Ranma ½: Battle at Togenkyo! Get Back the Brides: Finally I understand what's going on in the first movie. What a silly idea to watch the movie before seeing the TV series (see also Urusei Yatsura). The ladies all looked very fetching in the second film, I must say. I suppose I should start work now.. :cool:

Bucchigiri?! episode 11 Wish.

Kingdom 5th Season episode 141 Food incentive.

Mashle 2nd Season episode 24 Reach the beach. (Complete. A stronger second season for a very fun anime.) 4/5

Ragna Crimson
episode 24 White room. (Complete. I have mixed feelings toward this story overall, mainly with the second half, but did stick with it. Consider it a 3.5/5 for the first cour and 3/5 for the second.) 3/5

Solo Leveling
episode 12 Shutdown. (Complete. Though perhaps a bit overhyped this was still very entertaining and I’m looking forward to the next part.) 4/5

Mon Colle Knights
episodes 19-38

Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included Episode 1 Moving in.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3 Episode 0 Recap.

The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases Episode 1 A new life.

The Dangers in My Heart Season 2 Episode 25 Confessions. (Complete. A continuation that builds upon and steadily leads upto the inevitable relationship between the central pair.) 3.5/5

The Great Pretender: Razbliuto: An odd return to the world of swashbuckling con artists with most of the central cast displaced from their roles, but this was a decent, mostly-standalone film which didn't outstay its welcome. Dorothy is a good lead with an expressive face and the cartoony gangsters were entertaining; I'd probably have tired of the wackiness over a full series but this felt just about right.

Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included ep1: This series is exactly what you would expect from its title, which is a good thing if you really loved Ah My Goddess and wanted to watch a modern day take on the same formula with squishier character designs and (very) slightly more horniness. I found it pretty boring but it's a harmless enough remake of a tale as old as anime: a lonely guy ends up looking after an implausibly naïve heavenly girl and has to help her adjust to ordinary life in Japan. The writing doesn't make all that much sense so quite a lot of suspension of disbelief is required; my partner couldn't handle that the angel instantly knew what a fridge was but otherwise appeared to have almost zero common sense. However, fans of the genre should find this a satisfying enough series.

R

Kingdom 5th Season episode 142. A different perspective. (Complete. Another strong season for one of my favourite ongoing anime, hopefully another isn’t too far off owing to the length of this arc.) 4/5

One Piece
episode 1099 Pigeon punch.

Shangri-La Frontier episode 25 Old but young. (Complete. Another of my favourites from the past two seasons - being on the second in October.) 4/5

Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included
episode 1 Unexpected guest.

Mon Colle Knights episodes 39-51 (Complete. Whilst not one of the stronger examples of the genre this was an easygoing comedy fantasy.) 3/5

Mononoke
episodes 1-12 (Complete. Visually brilliant and with a solid set of stories to boot, which is a series well worth checking out and picking up if you get the chance.) 4/5

Bang Brave Bang Bravern - Episode 12 [Final]

Bravern ended on a high and has been a breath of fresh air, what an awesome series, I do hope we get more like this from Obari. It also pleases me that my favourite mecha of the series, the Burn Bravern, was deisgned by Obari himself!

Genma Taisen (aka Harmagedon)

I last watched this over 20 years ago and have been meaning to revisit it for a while, prompted by some articles I've read over the last year or so.

Well, my opinion hasn't changed and it's still a mess of a film; slow and meandering to the point of being extremely boring. Since my last viewing of this film I have seen a lot more of Rintaro's work and with age I have to admire the film's ambition if not it's execution, it's a very 'Rintaro' film and I can see lots of visual and situation elements here that he would use again in later films. Also this time I watched a fansub of the JP blu-ray release, and if nothing else it is a beautifully animated film, it really does look gorgeous in HD.

Syndulaity Noir - Episodes 20 - 24 [Final]

I actually quite enjoyed this, nothing special but enteratining enough.

Lord of Lords Ryu Knight - Episodes 29 - 36

Last edited:
Back