KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World ep 7
Conversion.

Yuri is My Job ep 7
Reading your heart.

KamiKatsu ep 7
Acting out.

Dr. Stone: New World ep 7
Forensics.

I'm really liking how Oshi no ko tackles the darker side of being an artist or creator, and how social media and other modern factors play into it. It feels like a more modern day Perfect Blue but with less of a singular character focus.

Episode 6 was really good, but heavy going.

Yeah, it was really difficult to watch this week. Kind of a switch after last week:

kids these days.jpg

Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 29

Dr. STONE: New World (English Dub) Episode 5

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV (English Dub) Episode 16

Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Episode 31

Dr. STONE: New World Episode 7

The Legendary Hero is Dead! Episode 7

Yuri is My Job! Episode 7

Dr. Stone: New World episode 7 Master.

Ranking of Kings: The Treasure Chest of Courage episode 6 Helping hands and training.

The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2 episode 31 Into the woods.

Yuri Is My Job! episode 7 Recommended reading.

Zatch Bell! episodes 122-134

Komi Can't Communicate (Season 2) (English) - Episode 19 - 24 (Complete)

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense. (Season 2) (English) - Episode 11 - 12 (Complete)

Komi S2 was just as great as the first, still one of my favourite recent series, hoping for a S3 announcement soon enough. BOFURI S2 though still enjoyable (the haunted house episodes were my favourite part this season), I didn't enjoy this as much as the first, even being a little bored at times whereas S1 I binged in one sitting, overall not bad by any means, just a bit lackluster for me unfortunately.

Quintessential Quintuplets season 1: entertaining and at times annoying. Do we get answers at the end of season 2? Not sure I could last another 12 episodes if there isn't a proper resolution.

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- Season 2 Episode 20

My One-Hit Kill Sister Episode 7

Otaku Elf Episode 7

Rokudo's Bad Girls Episode 7

The Café Terrace and It's Goddesses Episode 7

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You 2nd Season Episode 20

Too Cute Crisis Episode 7

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- Season 2 episode 20 Shared victory.

Otaku Elf episode 7 Shiny.

Rokudo’s Bad Girls episode 7 Strong people.

Too Cute Crisis episode 7 Mechanical.

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You 2nd Season episode 20 Temperature.

Zatch Bell! episodes 135-138 (Complete. ZB is a curious one for me, some aspects of the series work quite well but others were a bit too childish for my liking, and a fair number of episodes, even when they weren’t technically filler, felt like such.) 3/5

ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.
episodes 1-12 & OVA (Complete. A great series that I hope will get a second season in time.) 4/5

Ace Attorney (Rewatch)
episodes 1-4

mid season review (i.e. what I haven't dropped)
Heavenly Delusion - fan of the manga so I knew about how weird it can get (seeing other people's reactions to the more, um, contentious aspects has been fun tho!) good production values tho, pleased with it so far
Insomniacs After School - I have terrible trouble with my sleep patterns so can relate (looks at clock, 4:40am, yep.) these two are so cute together, I'm cheering them on
Gundam: Witch From Mercury - still enjoying this, every time I think I've figured where the story is going they pull the rug from under me, which I appreciate.
Skip & Loafer - has a nice style to it, have not liked the last couple of episodes as much as the previous ones though. hmmm.
Dead Mount Death Play - came to this one late as someone recommended it to me. after 10 minutes I thought "the Durarara influence is heavy" and looking it up it's by the same author. well that explains that then. not as good as Baccano or Durarara tho, a lot more supernatural based and a bit messy tbh, fun enough watch if you switch your brain off
Vinland Saga - not watching as I'm saving it to watch in one go.

off season
Zeta Gundam - nearly finished now, the character I liked got killed off after just a few episodes. yep, that's Gundam alright!
Sagrada Reset - half way through this and I don't know what to think - the animation is not great, characters talk like robots, plots are nonsensical if you stop and think about them for a second. and yet ... there's something about it that I'm fascinated by. maybe I'm biased cos it's similar to shows like Monogatari and Bunny Senpai that I love. maybe it's the Hanakana voiced kuudere it's probably that only way to find out is to watch the second half, I guess ...

A Galaxy Next Door Episode 7 Picnic and prayers.

My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv 999 Episode 8 Festival.

Summoned to Another World for a Second Time Episode 7 Curse.

The Dangers in My Heart Episode 8 Sick.

Gintama ep9-13

Hell’s Paradise ep8

I slightly wonder if they’ll walk any of this back as time goes on. In a short form series, the sudden character deaths would make sense, but assuming they want this to run for a while… eh, I dunno. At the very least, I’ll be surprised if the blonde geisha-looking criminal is down to stay down, given that she hasn’t even been named yet.

Ranma 1/2 ep23-24

Glad to finally get back to this, I thought Ranma’s cat-training was hilarious. Bringing in cat-Shampoo and then not showing her transform in the same episode feels like a bit of a Chekov’s gun moment though.

Dead Mount Death Play - came to this one late as someone recommended it to me. after 10 minutes I thought "the Durarara influence is heavy" and looking it up it's by the same author. well that explains that then. not as good as Baccano or Durarara tho, a lot more supernatural based and a bit messy tbh, fun enough watch if you switch your brain off

Now that you’ve said that, I can see it, but otherwise I really would not have made the connection with Baccano / Durarara. It’s a decently fun show, but DMDP’s definitely not got anything like that level of finesse.

Hell’s Paradise episode 8 The first.

MIX: Meisei Story Season 2 episode 32 No weakness?

Ace Attorney (Rewatch) episodes 4-24 (Complete. Though the character designs could be a bit off in places and some of the cases felt rushed through this is still a decent series, though having played the original trilogy the aforementioned flaws become more apparent.) 3.5/5

Ace Attorney 2nd Season (Rewatch)
episodes 1-3

Last edited:
Back