BIRDIE WING s2 e6
Shine on You Crazy Diamond.

Mashle ep 6
Iron Fist.

Yamada-kun ep 7
Fixed.

Heavenly Delusion ep 7
Hospital visit.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Swordsmith Village Arc episode 6 Wolf.

My Clueless First Friend episode 7 Feeling sick and sightseeing.

Zatch Bell! episodes 61-67, Zatch Bell The 1st Movie: Unlisted Demon (Film), 68-76

In/Spectre Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 17

The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far (English Dub) Episode 5

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Swordsmith Village Arc Episode 6

The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far Episode 7

Space Knight Tekkaman - Episodes 10 - 13

Now at the halfway point and already lots that I can talk about on the podcast.

Millennium Actress (Blu-ray)

This is probably the unpopular opinion but I think Millennium Actress is an average film and Satoshi Kon's weakest anime work imho. I last watched it 8 or 9 years ago and my opinion hasn't changed since then. The actual story and the way it's told is genius with Kon's usual flair for telling the character's stories but the problem I have is that for an 86 minute film the pacing feels glacial at times, like scenes seem to drag on because so little is often happening on screen. Looks lovely on Blu-ray though.

Millennium Actress (Blu-ray)

This is probably the unpopular opinion but I think Millennium Actress is an average film and Satoshi Kon's weakest anime work imho. I last watched it 8 or 9 years ago and my opinion hasn't changed since then. The actual story and the way it's told is genius with Kon's usual flair for telling the character's stories but the problem I have is that for an 86 minute film the pacing feels glacial at times, like scenes seem to drag on because so little is often happening on screen. Looks lovely on Blu-ray though.

Yep - you're definitely unpopular! ;)

I mean, just because there are no mechs in it, c'mon...! 😝

Last edited:
The Dangers in My Heart ep 7
Switching it up.

Blue Orchestra ep 6
In sync.

Otaku Elf ep 6
Studying and high ritual.

Hell's Paradise ep 7
Bath.

World Dai Star ep 6
Foil.

Insomniacs After School ep 6
Recruiting.

Golden Kamuy 4th Season episode 47 Return.

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too episode 7 Curtains.

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 episode 19 Compatible.

Insomniacs after School episode 6 Models.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! episode 7 Stuffed.

Vinland Saga Season 2 episode 33 Farm wars.

Zatch Bell! episodes 77-86

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (English Dub) Episode 4

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 (English Dub) Episode 17

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too Episode 7

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 Episode 19

Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 43

Gankutsuo (Could of Monte Cristo) episodes 1-12: Following the classic Dumas novel fairly closely, even if it is set in the future and involves some aliens). I've not seen any of the movies (since I was a kid) but I can't see how a film could fit in all the complex machinations of the Count taking his revenge. The visual style isn't my favourite, but the characterisations are excellent.
I second that, excellent series indeed and whilst the visual style would not be everyone's cup of tea, it certainly can't be faulted for not being innovative (I've multiple negative'd my way into total confusion thereo_O).

Millennium Actress is an average film and Satoshi Kon's weakest anime work imho
BLASPHEMER! Now where'd I put my pitchfork...

My Home Hero ep 7
GPS

Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village Arc ep 6
Small fry.
Not the best episode, with a large portion dedicated to the backstory of an annoying side character we've just met.

Dead Mount Death Play ep 6
Twisted firestarter.

Golden Kamuy s4 e7
Back again.

Skip and Loafer ep 7
Popularity.

Skip and Loafer episode 7 Gatekeeper.

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ 2nd Season episode 19 Hiding.

Zatch Bell! episodes 87-88, 101-112

The Little Prince (1979, Will Vinton) COMPLETE - A lovely short film of about half an hour adapting the classic children's book, by the director of The Adventures of Mark Twain (1985) was a solid watch and I enjoyed it (I'd also recommend his short film based on Rip Van Winkle) :)

The Adventures of Buratino/Pinocchio (1959, Russian with English subtitles) - COMPLETE - Overall, on a par with Disney's 1940 version and truer to the book in that Buratino is naughtier initially than Disney's relatively innocent Pinocchio who is dragged through various potentially corrupting scenarios. I also enjoyed the animation which is a pleasing hybrid of Disney with the more freewheeling style of Warner Brothers Looney Tunes and the like :)

Fire and Ice (1983, Ralph Bakshi) - Animation is phenomenal, with effective use of rotoscoping and beautiful atmospheric background art. I enjoyed the half-naked sexy people, decent story and great voice acting as well, honestly it's better than many other Western English language 80s attempts at a quality sci-fi/fantasy animated film. I'd rank it above The Black Cauldron, Rock & Rule and Heavy Metal (also probably above Starchaser The Legend of Orin though I haven't seen all of that tbf lol), and I'd put it on a par with Gandahar (as in the original French version, can't comment on the Light Years English version). This is reminding me to see The Last Unicorn again now that's on Blu-ray :)

Yu Yu Hakusho (English dubbed) Episodes 48-112 COMPLETE - This is regarded as a classic for good reason, I don't know if I'd watch it again given it's quite long but it was definitely worth seeing from start to finish once and I'd rank it as one of the absolute best shonen action anime, up there with the likes of both Fullmetal Alchemist anime and Soul Eater (opinion on Hunter X Hunter 2011 still pending as I haven't finished it yet XP) :)

KonoSuba -An Explosion on This Wonderful World! episode 7 Adventuring.

Zatch Bell! episodes 113-117, Zatch Bell Movie 2 (Film), 118-121

Back