Your viewing journal

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 14

Reincarnated as a Sword (English Dub) Episode 6

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV Episode 16

My Life as Inukai-san's Dog (Uncensored) Episode 5

ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister! (Uncensored) Episode 5

Spy Classroom Episode 5

The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World Episode 5

Urusei Yatsura (2022) Episode 16

Big Order (Or as I have decided to call it, NoNo's Rubbish Adventure) Episodes 8 to 10 and OVA

I'll admit I kind of enjoyed this to begin with but then I had not long ago watched an episode of Anti-Magic Academy, which set my expectations to subterranian levels, this isn't as bad as that old chestnut but it's pretty bad and between watching episode 7 and 8, I watched Junji Ito Maniac, an infinitely better anime, now my standards are back up, this show grossly fails to meet them; admitedly some of the soundtrack is pretty good but pretty good OST is not enough to save this one from mediocrity.

Urusei Yatsura ep 14
Showdown.

Spy Classroom ep 4 (dropped)
Misfortune.
After rushing through the introduction of 6 members and the first mission they go back to individual introductions like the first episode, but not of any of the 6! No, the 8th member that suddenly got introduced towards the end of the mission. I saw that the first mission was basically the first volume of the LN, so not much material to go on, but if you're advertising the series I think you can easily pad it out with proper introductions. As it is I know next to nothing about those 6 members apart from the skills that have been hinted at. If you gave me 6 pictures, a list of skills and names I wouldn't be able to put them together!

Ippon Again ep 4
Tournament starts.

Giant Beasts of Ars ep 4
Gone fishin'

Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte episode 5 Mistaken identity.

Farming Life in Another World episode 5 Flipping the board.

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made Season 2 episode 16 Bracelet.

Sketchbook ~Full Color’s~ episodes 1-13 (Complete. Quite a charming and easygoing series overall.) 3.5/5

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-San (Rewatch)
episodes 1-12 (Complete. It was nice revisiting this workplace comedy courtesy of the recent Discotek Media release. I’d happily take another season or two of this.) 4/5

Ghost Sweeper Mikami the movie

An hour of fun and laughter. It's nice to see that the humour hasn't changed in 30 years.
I am assuming that Mikami's minidress is important for for movement during fights.

What do I want?
I want all 45 episodes in an Ultimate Edition with a door sized poster of Mikami.

Hunter X Hunter (2011) (English dubbed) Episodes 59-88 - The chimera ant arc is pretty dark at some points but it's holding my interest, this is the entirety of Blu-ray set 3 of the UK release :)

Testament of Sister New Devil Burst rewatch: will we ever see a third series explaining Basara's two mothers?

Nichijou episides 1-8: I think I need a lie-down to try and process what on earth is going on in this crazy series. A bemused smile for most of the time, with a couple of surprised bursts of laughter.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro s2 e5
Fever dream.

Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari ep 4
Meddling.

BOFURI s2 e4
Bustin' out all the moves.

Kaina of the Great Snow Sea ep 4
Reception committee.

Tomo-chan is a Girl! ep 5
Visiting each others houses.

Even though it'll get to episode 6 before pausing I've put Kubo-san on hold as I'm a bit behind with the rest.

Chillin' in My 30's after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army Episode 5 Duel.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack Episode 18 Presents and prayers.

My Hero Academia Season 6 Episode 18 Converse.

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement Episode 5 Debut.

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten Episode 5 Visiting.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Episode 18 Sneak in.

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Excorcist in Another World Episode 5 Tournament.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 61 Final scores.

Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 S2 ep2-3 (Eng Dub)

Lupin III: Part 2 ep46-47 (Eng Dub)

Something else I think the newer series' struggle to recapture is the earlier shows' anarchic sense of humour- one of these eps starts off with Lupin prank calling Zenigata just for the hell of it, for example. I miss that.

Trigun Stampede ep4-5

Eh. I feel like I’m starting to get a better sense of what they’re doing here and, taken on its own merits it’s fine, but the original Trigun series had such a strong sense of its own identity that I find it hard not to keep comparing this new series to that.

Blue Period ep1

Was vaguely aware of this when it came out, but like so many Netflix anime, I think it just dropped off the radar. I’m a sucker for art-themed shows at the best of times, but this seems quite charming - it kind of makes me wish I was doing art classes again. It makes me wish I could afford to do art classes again. My only small criticism is that having the painting literally wink at the main character rather pulled me out of it.

Blue Lock episode 17 Chemical reaction.

Chillin' in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army episode 5 Effective weaponry.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack episode 18 Wishes.

My Hero Academia Sixth Season episode 131 Target.

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement episode 5 Delicious dishes.

The Fire Hunter episode 4 Uncovering.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II episode 18 Mixed.

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World episode 5 Timeskip & tournament arc.

Trigun Stampede episode 5 Experiment.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun Season 3 episode 17 Haze.

Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break episodes 16-17 Double bill.

Slam Dunk episodes 1-18

Ningen Fushin: Adventurers Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World episodes 3-4.
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon IV Part 2 episodes 15-16.
Giant Beasts of Ars episodes 3-5.

Star Wars Visions Episodes 1 and 2 (Does this count as anime?)

Episode 1 was suprisingly good, I was skeptical looking at the CGI thumbnail on Disney+ but honestly I think the use of effects masked the CGI's issues most of the time, making it look pretty competent, which is extremely rare for anime CGI.

Episode 2 however was pretty bad; I couldn't help but cringe watching some of it and even decided to skip the rest as soon as the band started singing towards the end; from what I've heard I'm not the only one who dislikes this episode so hopefully the only way is up from here.

Back