Your viewing journal

Summer Time Rendering eps 19-21
Death and Rebirth.
They killed off another character, but brought back the Mary Sue. They actually stopped to give a decent explanation of how though, so I'm not too mad. Only 4 episodes left!

BOFURI s2 e3
Boss rush.

Kaina of the Great Snow Sea ep 3
What goes up, must go down.

Yuri Isekai ep 4
Dragon me down.

Revenger ep 4
Act casual.

Tomo-chan is a Girl! ep 4
Smiling, hugging and kicking!?

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV Part 2 episode 15 Burn bright.

Spy Classroom episode 4 Farce.

Shugo Chara!! Doki episodes 56, 59-62, 64-65, 67, 69-71, 74-76

First post

Junji Ito Maniac: Japanese Tales of the Macabre 1-12

I haven't watched much horror anime but this one is really quite good. Most of the stories are very creepy and has WTF moments that makes you want to rewatch again.

I am a fan of cosmic horror stuff like HP Lovecraft and am intrigued by Junji Ito's works so will be checking out his manga stuff

Welcome to the forum :)

Powered Armor Dorvack - Episodes 14 - 19

Still good and I'd forgotten how good the music is!

D-1 Devastator - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

I watched this not long ago, but a new fansub was recently released that finally subbed the second episode. I didn't need much an excuse to watch it again, it's still a very cool 90's mecha OVA.

Fire Tripper

An interesting concept but the whole sibling relationship aspect was rather weird.

Laughing Target

This was actually an effective horror anime, it was dark and quite creepy in places.

Adventurer's Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World (English Dub) Episode 1

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 13

Reincarnated as a Sword (English Dub) Episode 5

The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World (English Dub) Episode 2

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV Episode 15

My Life as Inukai-san's Dog (Uncensored) Episode 4

ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister! (Uncensored) Episode 4

Spy Classroom Episode 4

The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World Episode 4

Urusei Yatsura (2022) Episode 15

Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte episode 4 Charm.

Farming Life in Another World episode 4 Welcome to the rice fields.

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made Season 2 episode 15 Eccentrics.

Shugo Chara!! Doki episodes 77-83, 87-102 (Complete. About the same in terms of quality as the first season with some occasional tedium when it came to the romance elements.) 3.5/5

Terror In Resonance complete series: Good well told story but not one I would have chosen. Only a couple more from the Mystery Boxes left (although I'm struggling push myself to watch them and may not bother).
Mostly, I have been distracted the last couple of weeks with building my Christmas present (from me). This is two thirds of the Sakura bundle from Buildiverse:
20230126_190438.jpg

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Seasons 1 and 2

Got to admit this was quite good... Few annoying things is... Abit samey episode from the next... Abit long winded... Dunno if there is goin be another season or not... But how it ends.. They can make one... But then again... Why? When its same thing near enough all the way through... Did have a chuckle at it in parts those

Horimiya 1-13
This was good...straight to the point right of the bat.. Consistant and not long winded... Very enjoyable

Chillin' in My 30's after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army Episode 4

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack Episode 17

My Hero Academia Season 6 Episode 17

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement Episode 4

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten Episode 4

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Episode 17

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Excorcist in Another World Episode 4

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 60

Blue Lock episode 16 Clean.

Chillin' in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army episode 4 Lovely notion.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack episode 17 In your room.

My Hero Academia Sixth Season episode 130 A Fractured Family.

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement episode 4 Consumer resistance.

The Fire Hunter episode 3 Steamy.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II episode 17 Twice.

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World episode 4 Dungeon crawling.

Trigun Stampede episode 4 Bearing a cross.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun Season 3 episode 16 Enough to go around.

Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break episodes 14-15 Flies.

Sk8 the Infinity episodes 1-12 (Complete. A fun sports anime whose races were quite entertaining, more so perhaps than the underlying character relationship between the main duo.) 3.5/5

SKET Dance
episodes 1-7

Last edited:
Beasts of the Southern Wild - A unique, engaging, melancholy film (but with some levity) about a little girl, her father, and their community, trying to survive and thrive in a class and race-stratified society on the brink of ecological collapse (our society, basically). The principle cast is mostly black and there's clearly a theme of addressing intergenerational trauma among poor and black communities - this can make the film difficult to watch because of the sadness but it is full of life too and I got a lot out of it, I recommend it.

Josie and the Pussycats (2001 film) (REWATCH) - Still a great watch, just a fun entertaining film with some incisive satire and choice lines regarding product placement, consumerism, marketing, and the music industry, it's also probably the best role for Tara Reid as she's just so cute and endearing as Melody like even if you're usually not a fan of hers (and I'm not particularly) she's great in this.

Catch Me If You Can - Def worth seeing and I'll rewatch it at some point to appreciate it more.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - I enjoyed this and think the critical response was unduly negative (45% on RT), the mc is a likely autistic 11-year-old, and the film follows him trying to make sense of things after the death of his father. I had been curious about this movie since seeing a trailer and I'm glad I took the time.

Batman Returns - I can see how this is a good movie but I found it rather disturbing and turned it off partway through, might try it again another time. I did like how it's got a far more obvious directorial stamp from Tim Burton than the first of his two Batman films (though I did genuinely enjoy that one more than this sequel). Great performances though, particularly from Christopher Walken and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Hunter X Hunter Episodes 40-58 (English dubbed) - Great show am gonna do my best to finish it all this time :)

Beasts of the Southern Wild - A unique, engaging, melancholy film (but with some levity) about a little girl, her father, and their community, trying to survive and thrive in a class and race-stratified society on the brink of ecological collapse (our society, basically). The principle cast is mostly black and there's clearly a theme of addressing intergenerational trauma among poor and black communities - this can make the film difficult to watch because of the sadness but it is full of life too and I got a lot out of it, I recommend it.
While I enjoyed Beasts of the Southern Wild, it did feel more like a nature documentary of a group of strange alien creatures inhabiting the ruins of an ancient civilisation performing incomprehensible tasks.

Boogiepop Phantom episodes 1-3: tried to watch this, but the style (audio and video) just gave me a headache.

Testament of Sister New Devil series 1 rewatch: While I enjoy the story, I must admit I found the erotic elements of this series (probably it's biggest selling point, I'm guessing) to be totally unerotic and mechanical.

Also been watching old episodes of Tommy Cooper, which are always good for a laugh.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack (English Dub) Episode 13-14

My Hero Academia Season 6 (English Dub) Episode 15

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement (English Dub) Episode 2

Spy x Family (English Dub) Episode 13-25 (Complete)

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Excorcist in Another World (English Dub) Episode 2

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 3rd Season (English Dub) Episode 57

Back