Your viewing journal

Ranma 1/2 ep14-16

The figure skating pair were funny, but I think three episodes was the right length for their appearance, any longer and they might have outstayed their welcome. I quite like the third ED animation as well (how are we on number 3 already?), the use of paper cutouts on a physical background is nice. Kind of similar to one of the Maison Ikkoku OPs actually.

Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 S2 ep1 (English dub)

While I doubt it would change anyone’s mind about the show overall, as I’ve heard a few other folk say, the CGI does seem markedly improved this time around. They seem to have changed the shader settings (?) to make the characters a bit less shiny plastic-looking, while the lighting and texture detail are noticeably better too.

Finding Dory
Another of the blu rays my bro got me. Much better than I was expecting and thoroughly enjoyed it. Probably not as funny as Nemo but felt more emotional and satisfying.

The Last Dungeon Of Black Company
Very fun and silly show. The cast was fun and the antics were wild and sneaky.

Cardcaptor Sakura episodes 57-63
Rising tensions and character development but the villians are still doing all they can to stop the plot moving along!

The Red Turtle
A chilling tale of insanity and murder brought on by extreme isolation. Nice to see Ghibli finally attach their name to true horror movie. As much as I jest what made this film so good was how unflinchingly cold and brutal it was in the midst of scenic beauty. The last of the blu rays my bro got me for Xmas. He did well this year. 3 excellent films I hadn't seen before.

Love Flops eps 11 & 12 (complete)
Sacrifices and vital memories.
This started as a harem determined to be so over the top with the amount of tropes it threw at the viewer and then got even more absurd that it was hard to see it as anything but complete nonsense, but then there came the twist! All the girls turned out to be AI built off the same primary AI built off the mind of the girl our protag spent his youth together with and her father built her out of grief when the girl died! And thus our protag was actually in a virtual world with the AI who were supposed to learn about love and thus be more human. Only problem was one of the AI closest to the original girl got jealous and threatened the world, now largely run by AI, with anarchy and so our intrepid protag has to save the day by going back in and confronting the girl and their feelings. The ending therefore was actually quite an emotional one and rescued the show from being total trash, even if the very end was spoiled a little by the AI girls who had sacrificed themselves turning up at his college dorm in real bodies!
The art and animation were very good.
7/10

Mob Psycho 100 III
ep 8
Calling occupants of interplanetary craft.

Urusei Yatsura eps 9 & 10
Meet the ex, and parents meeting/a short break.

Saki episodes 24-25 (Complete. A mostly enjoyable mahjong-themed series to start the year, though the fanservice elements always felt at odds with the storyline whenever they popped up.) 3.5/5

Saki: The Nationals
episodes 1-13 (Complete. Though a good follow-up, this is unfortunately a familiar case wherein the story that has yet to receive a follow-up, maybe one day it’ll come to fruition.) 3.5/5

Saki Episode of Side A
episodes 1-3

FuuKoi eps 10-12 (complete)
Jealousy, courage, and race.
The set up was a bit disturbing with the whole "marriage" thing and the characters aren't great for the love triangle to really get me invested. Who do I want the loser, but kind so the girls love him self insert to choose? The equally frustrating plain Jane childhood friend or the one minute cock tease next minute bitchy gyaru whose feelings seem to be all over the place? Well the show didn't bother to choose either and basically ended at the starting line with both finally determined to go for it!
The art was quite vibrant, maybe a bit too much at times and the characters seemed to go off model occasionally. The animation was OK.
5/10

Immoral Guild
eps 11 & 12 (uncensored, complete)
Spoilers/in a pinch, and the mana of things.
A fun ecchi harem with girls to suit most tastes. Although the main joke was a bit repetitive, the ecchi nature of it was pretty hot.
The art was really quite nice and the animation pretty good too.
6/10

Shinobi no Ittoki
eps 10-12 (complete)
Taking control, executive decision, and "peaceful" negotiations.
The overall plot was quite easy to guess, although there were some interesting twists towards the end. It could have been a whole lot better if the bad guy wasn't so obviously the bad guy and thus it was obvious what he was doing and who was behind the instigating incident from the start (so much so I'm not sure why I'm bothering with the spoiler mask!) Most of the cast were OK, apart from yet another pretty bland MC (although he got a bit better towards the end).
The art style is one I don't particularly like and the animation wasn't always the best, but has its moments.
6/10

FllNklrXkAAg_Wc

Ningen Fushin: Adventurers Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World (Japanese audio) - Episode 1

I don't normally watch anime asap as much as I had done years prior (unless necessary like Attack on Titan), but I felt like the binge model approach wasn't going the way I wanted it throughout last year so I want to try and switch it up. So I decided to try out a new show from the current season - Ningen Fushin, which is a fantasy series (not an isekai) and I enjoyed the episode so I'm looking forward to more.

Ningen Fushin: Adventurers Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World (Japanese audio) - Episode 1

I don't normally watch anime asap as much as I had done years prior (unless necessary like Attack on Titan), but I felt like the binge model approach wasn't going the way I wanted it throughout last year so I want to try and switch it up. So I decided to try out a new show from the current season - Ningen Fushin, which is a fantasy series (not an isekai) and I enjoyed the episode so I'm looking forward to more.

I watched this one myself tonight, and I also thought it was pretty good. Plus it's a non-isekai fantasy, for a change, with a lot of character backstory already. Can't wait for the next episode!

Adachi and Shimamura (English dubbed) - lovely will-they-won't-they girl x girl romance anime this was so sweet I really enjoyed it 🥰 I have light novel volumes 1-10 as well and really enjoyed the first one and what I have read so far of the second :)

Mob Psycho 100 III eps 9-12 (complete)
Advice, split, unstoppable force, and confessions.
There were 3 arcs in this season. The first was very good with a creeping tension building up to a great climax, the second was a fun one, and the third seemed to only exist to see OP Mob fight various characters we've met along the way, but then snap out of his rage at the drop of a hat! It was pretty good in some aspects, but was my least favourite arc and definitely meant that this season wasn't as good as the second one.
Art and animation were the same as always.
8/10

So that's Autumn virtually done, bar Gundam and the delayed Golden Kamuy s4. On to the Winter shows:
The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady ep 1
Henceforth known as "Isekai Yuri"
The blonde MC definitely gives me Chisato from Lycoris Recoil vibes and the other one seems similarly stuffy like Takina, so I assume their relationship will go the same way. The setting, a fantasy world, is completely different though with some stately politicking going on in the background. Could be quite fun and intriguing too.

Tomo-chan is a Girl! ep 1
Seems like it'll be a fun rom-com. Calling best girl as Misuzu, she has a bit of a twisted sense of humour!

And I'm out of time even though there's others out today.

Back