Your viewing journal

SPY x FAMILY ep 12 (complete)
Aquarium.
As funny as this was the school stuff got a little boring, especially in comparison to the opening episodes. It needed a bit more action, like we never got to see Yor (or Loid) do anything of their other part of their life. It was only alluded to in the final episode that Yor is still doing her job whilst Loid at least got to do some side missions. Surely it's ripe for comedy: "I'm just off to the shops", cut to Yor being a badass and then back home, "that took you a while!", flustered Yor cutesy excuse, "You've got some red on you", "oh just some tomato juice" (thought bubble "I missed some of the blood when cleaning up"), cut to Anya shock face, etc. Plus as it's only part one the ending didn't really feel like an ending, no cliffhanger or anything.
All the production side was stella.
Still gets a high score, but hope for a better second half:
8/10

Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
ep 9
Girls day out.

BIRDIE WING ep 13 (complete)
Tournament starts.
Any worries that this would be as dull as watching a round of golf in real life went straight out the window as soon as we met Eve and discovered the world of underworld golf! Funny both intentionally and unintentionally with some insane characters in the first arc, it calmed down a little in the second arc, but Eve was there to pierce through any boredom. Unfortunately it's the same as SPY x FAMILY with a none ending in the middle of an arc, but like SPY x FAMILY a second part is coming, but the wait is a little longer (next year).
Some interesting character designs and the art and animation were pretty good, not as good as SPY x FAMILY, but I'll give it the same:
8/10

unknown.png

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)
Kaguya-sama: Love is War -Ultra Romantic- (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-11
The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-13 (Completed)
Skeleton Knight in Another World (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-10

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- episode 13 (Complete. This offered a nice dose of over-the-top golfing action and remained entertaining throughout. I’m looking forward to the second season.) 4/5

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2
episode 38 Aftermath. (Complete. A second season that felt uneven and I hope for a stronger continuation, especially as new characters like Kizuna were welcome additions.) 3/5

Gokudo
episodes 1-13

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Episode 10 - 26 (re-watch)

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Mugen Train Arc - Episode 1 (re-watch)

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - The Movie: Mugen Train - Movie (re-watch)

Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie - Movie

Clannad eps 10-15 (rewatch)

Spy family eps 11 +12

Kaguya san s1 eps 1-5

Shikimori’s not just a cutie eps 1-6

Tomodachi game eps 1+2

Tsurune eps 1-6

Fate ubw eps 1-6 (rewatch)

Last edited:
A Couple of Cuckoos ep 10
Mixed feelings.

Kaguya-sama s3 eps 11-13 (complete)
Tastes like ketchup.
Was that an actual Max Headroom reference! Also nice Take on Me references as well, me thinks the mangaka grew up in the 80s.
IMG_20220630_121739_1.jpg
Of course the new update blocked the PS4 Share button from working, corporate w**nkers, so this poorly aligned photo will have to do. I have ways around that for next seasons waifu avatar, but still annoying!
Another hilarious season with a fitting finish where they confess by not actually confessing and thus the game goes on as to who actually says it first! Hopefully there's more.
The art and animation maintained its quality from previous seasons.
9/10

The Executioner and Her Way of Life
eps 9-10
Taboo.

The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2 episode 12 Find your place. (Complete. This delivered another fun season and ended on a positive note.) 3.5/5

Gokudo
episodes 14-26 (Complete. A silly adventure series that tries for something different in both halves.) 3.5/5

2022-06-30_14.png

Kaguya-sama: Love is War -Ultra Romantic- (Japanese audio) - Episodes 12-13 (Completed)
SPY x FAMILY (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-12 (Completed for Now, Part 2 airs October)
Skeleton Knight in Another World (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)

Oh, hello, here are the spring anime I watched (and are completed) along with a comment and a somewhat forced score that I'll probably rethink tomorrow, thanks!

The 1 "new" film I watched:

Pompo: The Cinéphile [EN Audio] - A really fun and entertaining romp that provided some really excellent visuals, certainly not a complicated film but gives an energetic run through of this creative process (in a fairly ridiculous manner) as told. Comes together very nicely despite the short length of the film. 8/10

The seasonal anime that are done:

Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2045 Season 2 [EN Audio] - I'm still not sure what to make of this season (and the overarching story) and really the show in general. It is certainly a step down from this shows predecessor. The dub, however, remains in excellent shape (though, worth noting that Ishikawa has been recast) and the animation seems slightly improved. 6/10

Kaguya-sama Love is War Season 3 [JP Audio] - another good season and, while I knew what was coming for this season, am pleased how it turned out. Am glad it seems this won't be all too. 8/10

Tiger and Bunny 2 Part 1 [EN Audio] - A new season with good character moments, returning faces and reminded me why I really like this show... and yet it still feels like a disappointment, particularly the overarching plot this half. Will have to see how the second half of this plays out. The English dub remains strong despite some recasts (Rock Bison and Dragon Kid). 7/10

Ultraman Season 2 [EN Audio] - A better, more direct season with improved animation and is decently fun. However, there's more to be done as the short length contributes to the feeling this is mostly an intro for Taro and setup for the real ending. 6/10

There are 4 other show that I'm watching but aren't currently done at the moment, those being: Heroines run the Show, Love after World Domination, Spy x Family [all EN Audio] and Shikimori's not Just a Cutie [JP Audio]. Those should be done in under 2 weeks.

Last edited:
June 27th-30th.

Skeleton Knight in Another World (English Dub) Episode 10

The Dawn of the Witch (English Dub) Episode 10

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (English Dub) Episode 11

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 34

Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy- (English Dub) Episode 10

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- Episode 13 Partners. (Complete. An enjoyable and entertaining sports anime that offered plenty of golfing action. I'll definitely be watching the second season.) 4/5

KINMOZA! Thank You!!
(Film) Graduation. (Complete. One last visit to this series for the franchise's final installment. The film itself as a whole is good and getting to see the entire cast one last time made it a worthwhile outing.) 3.5/5

The Dawn of the Witch
Episode 12 A new mission. (Complete. A fine fantasy series overall and a decent sequel to the Grimoire of Zero.) 3.5/5

The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2
Episode 12 Your new calling. (Complete. Another fun season that concludes on a positive outcome.) 3.5/5

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 Episode 38 Reminisce. (Complete. This may not have been as strong as the first season was however it was still a fairly solid season overall. Looking forward to season 3.) 3.5/5

Onipan! episodes 56-60 Their place. (Complete. As far as short-length anime go this one worked nicely thanks to compiling together several per episode. It was also just a fun series in general.) 3.5/5

Great Pretender
episodes 1-19

Back