MARS RED ep 4
Den of iniquity.

Shadows House ep 3
House tour.

Megalo Box: NOMAD ep 4
Dreams change people.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 31

Nisekoi: False Love (Rewatch) Episode 1-3

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Episode 4 Healing touch.

The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 4 Beach episode.

Cannon Busters
Dumb and fun. The way it had a mix of elements from westerns to sci fi to mecha to magic and fantasy, and the way it mixed its action and humour together put me in mind of Space Dandy.

18if Spanish dub
Really enjoyed this. The "case of the week" style added some nice structure to this trippy show about dreams affecting this real world.

So I Can't Play H
Trashy show where demon girls fight and end up naked. Fun to watch but nothing special.

And the rest of the Bong Joon Ho films

Mother
The hardest of the Bong Joon Ho films to watch so far. Still a very good film but it is a little slow.

Snowpiercer
Really good. Much more action oriented than his other films but still had some great character moments and some good twists and turns along the way.

Okja
The only film of Bong Joon Ho not in the box set but for completeness went onto netflix to check it out. Once things get serious in the second half it becomes another great film of his.

Full Dive: The Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Sh*ttier than Real Life! episode 4 Urine some you lose some.

Hetalia World★Stars episode 5 Revolution.

Super Cub episode 4 Gently.

Ajin: Demi-Human 2nd Season episodes 14-26 (Complete. A solid second season even if Kei doesn’t half mope at times. Sato made for a good villain too with am often nonchalant attitude to his plans.) 4/5

Vivy ep 5
Island break.

Moriarty the Patriot s2 e4
Team bonding.

Osamake ep 3
Revenge.

Cestvs: The Roman Fighter ep 3
A woman scorned.

Zombieland Saga: Revenge ep 4
Super, smashing, great!

Btooom!
Episodes 1 - 12

Latest title from my backlog, seemed to be an interesting concept of a series (drop a number of random people onto an island with bombs to kill each other to survive).

Only downside is that only part of the series got animated, like they were hoping to make a 2nd series to continue the story.

Zombieland Saga: Revenge episode 4 Electric.

Alderamin on the Sky episodes 1-13 (Complete. A solid conflict-driven narrative that sets up a continuation that’ll likely never get animated.) 3.5/5

April 28th & 29th.

Adachi and Shimamura (English Dub) Episode 11

Cells at Work! CODE BLACK (English Dub) Episode 8

Dr. STONE: Stone Wars (English Dub) Episode 8

The Quintessential Quintuplets II (English Dub) Episode 6

Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life! Episode 4 Winners and wetters.

Godzilla: Singular Point Episode 5 - 6 Hunt and rampage.

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Ω Episode 4 Dungeon dive.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III OVA Hot Spring shenanigans.

Nisekoi: False Love (Rewatch) Episode 4-20 & OVA's 1-3 (Complete)

Osamake: Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose Episode 3 Revenge plan.

Seitokai Yakuindomo Movie 2

Super Cub Episode 4 Job.

Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 4 Electrifying.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched ep1

The source text being from the same author as Konosuba intrigued me, as did the premise which appears to place the evil invaders as the main characters, but I'm really not feeling it with this one. Perhaps it'll improve as it goes on, but the first few minutes was downright painful - an exposition dump in which none of the gags landed for me at all.

Vivy ~Fluoride in the Water Helps Your Teeth~ ep1-2

I'm not sure why it would surprise me that a show no-one seems to have a bad word for would be good, but this is really, really good. It's clearly tipping its hat at things like Westworld and Nier: Automata (to say nothing of the Terminator series), but the end result feels both fresh and compelling. Definitely a keeper.

Back Arrow episode 17 Selfish aims.

Blue Reflection Ray episode 4 Moving on.

Burning Kabaddi episode 5 Match time.

So I'm a Spider, So What? episode 16 Swing and sink.

SSSS.DYNAZENON episode 5 Dive.

The World Ends with You The Animation episode 4 Uneasy alliance.

Those Snow White Notes episode 5 Competition.

Battle Royale Director’s Cut (Film) A brutal and visceral film built off a simple premise yet executed wonderfully thanks to Kinji Fukasaku’s directing what would be his final completed film and Kenta Fukasaku’s solid script. The new UHD release from Arrow is a nice improvement on the old BD and was worth the pricey rebuy.

Amagi Brilliant Park (Rewatch) episodes 1-13 & OVA (Complete. I recall enjoying this quite a bit on my initial watch and the second time around was no different - the premise and characters worked well, as did the increasing tension towards the end.) 4/5

Dr Stone: Stone Wars episode 8

My Hero Academia Season 5 episode 6

Myriad Colors Phantom World episodes 1-5

The Quintessential Quintuplets Season 2 episode 6

April 30th & May 1st.

Cells at Work!! 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 1

Horimiya (English Dub) Episode 12

My Hero Academia Season 5 (English Dub) Episode 4

So I'm a Spider, So What (English Dub) Episode 11

Strike Witches: Road to Berlin (English Dub) Episode 1

The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter (English Dub) Episode 10

Blue Reflection Ray Episode 4 Put the past behind you.

Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Episode 4 Grab and sketch.

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level Episode 4 Wedding crasher.

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 6 A worthy opponent.

So I'm a Spider, So What? Episode 16

SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 5

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season Episode 26 An obnoxious incubus.

Vivy ep3-4

If you were to break it down, I think you could find precedents for most of what the show is doing in other places, but seeing them all brought together like this is very satisfying. From the look of the characters though, I can't quite shake the feeling that Vivy was original conceived of as a Vocaloid project.

86 EIGHTY-SIX episode 4 Namesake.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro episode 4 Fun with buns.

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level episode 4 Wedding wars.

My Hero Academia Fifth Season episode 94 Something big.

Shadows House episode 4 Phantom living.

Vivy -Fluorite Eye’s Song- episode 6 Song of pain.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2 episode 3 Radiant.

Angel Links episodes 1-13 (Complete. A spin-off series of Outlaw Star that felt uneven in tone, especially in terms of the earlier and later parts of the story. The characters also weren’t all that memorable but there were at least some decent action segments here and there.) 2.5/5

ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest
episodes 1-9

Back