Your viewing journal

Things I've watched recently, part 3, streaming:

Haikyuu, seasons 2+3
Dramatised volleyball matches have never been so compelling, as the action continues across across multiple episodes — much like the format of Dragonball Z, I guess. The king of the court of sports anime?

Pop Team Epic (April Fools') special (x4)
Easily the best episode(s) of Pop Team Epic so far. Ever! 😉

Time of Eve eps 1–6 (complete)
I already own the movie version of this, so now I need to watch that again to really compare the two formats. I noticed the scenes that're absent from the film, but I forget what scenes it adds other than that end credits backstory for cafe proprietor Nagi.

Things I've watched recently, part 3, streaming:

Haikyuu, seasons 2+3
Dramatised volleyball matches have never been so compelling, as the action continues across across multiple episodes — much like the format of Dragonball Z, I guess. The king of the court of sports anime?

Pop Team Epic (April Fools') special (x4)
Easily the best episode(s) of Pop Team Epic so far. Ever! 😉

Time of Eve eps 1–6 (complete)
I already own the movie version of this, so now I need to watch that again to really compare the two formats. I noticed the scenes that're absent from the film, but I forget what scenes it adds other than that end credits backstory for cafe proprietor Nagi.

Wait, did you watch every version of the PTE Special? Are you some sort of mad man?!

just thought I’d drop some recent stuff;
Shield hero 14
naofumi uses cursed shield
Raphtelia:
FD93B7CB-9F34-4FD9-8881-B598D409ACFD.png

Literally this guy
3BBCF650-0684-4916-9AA4-09D620AE0F6C.png

Raphtelia:
FA7E48A3-E042-40CB-ABFC-0322467B7A19.jpeg

I also finished both land of the lustrous and made in abyss finishing abyss today

In the case of land of lustrous I thought that was bad because we don’t speak of antarticite
BA4A6523-9946-4026-8386-2B17843734DC.jpeg
But then upon finishing made in abyss well... this thing broke me
FE1DA2BD-B05B-4CD2-80EB-25F6A5AC0791.gif

Next release I’m most likely to get is Broly I haven’t seen it at all yet

It wasn't the backstory... though that was sad... it was how cold and logically thinking nanachi was about killing Mitty then stopping rag and hugging Mitty because she has never cared for anything else more than her

That's the part where it really hits home I think for most people. Btw I am very interested in what your reaction was to episode 10?

Dororo (Japanese audio) - Episode 14
The Helpful Fox Senko-san (Japanese audio) - Episode 2
Isekai Quartet (Japanese audio) - Episode 2
The Rising of the Shield Hero (Japanese audio) - Episode 15
RobiHachi (Japanese audio) - Episode 2
Wise Man's Grandchild (Japanese audio) - Episode 2
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Japanese audio) - Episode 3

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt ep6-7 [dub]

Another one of the local group's pickups that I wasn't particularly interested in revisiting, but I will say that I think it plays better in English. Still not something I'd go out of my way for, but might watch a little more if it turned up on Netflix or the like.

Neon Genesis Evangelion ep25-26 [dub, rewatch]

I'm glad that End of Evangelion exists, as I think without it, everyone would have been forever asking what an ending like it has would look like, but with the luxury of choice, I actually find the tv ending more interesting and possibly also more satisfying. In any case, I look forward to anitwitter's meltdown in June [laughs geometrically].

That's the part where it really hits home I think for most people. Btw I am very interested in what your reaction was to episode 10?
Ha! Everyone has something to say about 10... luckily I avoided knowing what it actually was. Kind of messed up what they had to do there. Couldn't happen in a more beautiful setting though. It's more shock factor though rather than what hits you in 13

Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu episode 1- Oh gosh, I saved this for a cosy evening in and I was not disappointed. About to watch the second episode. This was relatable, funny, and tugged my heartstrings a little. I love the blossoming friendship and particularly the scene when they start texting nonstop melted my heart, as did seeing Nako warm up to our shy but very trying her best main!

She's awfully relatable. This reminds me of how two of my most best friends friendships started, they were both like Nako and I was definitely the Bocchi!

AFTERLOST ep 1
Intrigued by what happened to the city, but don't really care about the characters ATM. The action was a bit stupid with the bike being hit multiple times without a scratch, but the helicopter blows up straight away.
The Funimation ads are still broken, but even the short interpretations are a little annoying so will re-sub at some point.

Fairy Tail Ep 113-118

Mob Psycho 100 REIGEN: The Miraculous Unknown Psychic

Mob Psycho 100 II Ep 1-13 (complete)

Decided to take a mini break from FT and catch up with Mob. He's such a GOOD BOY.

Ace of the Diamond: Act II Ep 3

One Punch Man S2 Ep 2

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless [Rewatch] episodes 9-12 [End] - Still one of my favourite iyashikei series and a favourite from 2016. Aside from being relaxing to watch the comedy is also pretty great. The art and music also worked well for atmosphere and characters were good fun. 9/10

Pop Team Epic Special -Vermillion Bird- Part A - Discovered which part Kana Hanazawa and Haruka Tomatsu were in. Another good duo.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind episode 6

Hyouka(sub)- episodes 10-12
RobiHachi(Sub)- episode 2
Wiseman's Grandchild(sub)- episode 2
Rising Of The Shield Hero(Sub)- episode 15 Emotional episode,ugly CGI dinosaur. but with some strange changes from the LN and Manga In the way Rifana's death is handled )..

YU-NO: A girl who chants love at the bound of this world ep 3
Wise Man's Grandchild ep 2
Rising Of The Shield Hero ep 15

Last edited:
Back