Your viewing journal

Banana Fish ep 17
Back to the serious stuff. Quite a thrilling episode with Yut-Lung revealing his plan.

Karakuri Circus ep 4
Quite an action packed episode, but blimey that ending! It was a shock, but at the same time quite silly (although checking MAL someone did a comparison with the manga and it turns out they cut out the part that explains how it happens!)

Boarding School Juliet ep 5
Making a bento is hard and so is training for the school sports festival.

IRODUKU ep 5
I thought for a moment that we were going to get a love quadrangle or something, but Kohaku seems to have it covered.

Goblin Slayer episode 5
SSSS.Gridman episode 5
IRODUKU episode 5
Seven Deadly Sins season 2 (complete)

EDIT - Zombieland Saga episode 5 (re-watch...except this time I can still remember it)

Mirai(Dub)- Beautiful imaginative film, my favorite out of Hosoda's films so far. 10/10

Fullmetal Alchemist(2003,Sub)- Episodes 4-7- The Nina and Alexander episode in both versions gets me in the feels everytime ,even moreso in this version especially with how they change the ending sequence Kesenai Tsumi for Nina and Alexander ;_; .I find this version for some reason had more of an emotional impact than brotherhood..
Decided to watch FMA after reading the manga and watching Brotherhood. Never quite managed to get through the 2003 series(can't remember where I got upto last time but started from the start) so doing it now.I know it diverges from the Manga and looking forward to fully going through it. For Brotherhood I watched the series dubbed(Dub's so good) so to makes things more interesting I'm watching this Subbed.

Anima Yell! episode 5 A new member gets shown the ropes of cheerleading.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 80 The plot thickens as a capture is made.

Double Decker!: Doug & Kirill episode 7 A solid episode with some development for Doug.

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 282 Erza is back for another fight.

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-San episode 5 Our skull face shop assistant tries to entertain an author and his entourage.

Tsurune episode 3 A new coach with a familiar face.

Daredevil Season 3 episodes 5-10

Tenchi in Tokyo episodes 15-26 (Complete. The weakest Main series entry in the Tenchi franchise, but not completely without merit. The episodes feel a bit repetitive until the plot kicks in, and this is supplemented by an established cast who remain fairly likeable, if immovable to their established personalities- Tenchi is still rather dense for instance.

Meanwhile the newer characters aren’t much to speak of and the plot tries to shake up the status quo but by the end merely reinforced it. In the end it just feels tired in places. That being said I’m interested in seeing where GXP and WoG took things.) 3/5

Attack on Titan Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 11

SSSS.Gridman (English Dub) Episode 5

Anima Yell! (Sub) Episode 5
More cheering SoL. A new member is put through her paces.

Fairy Tail (Sub) Episode 282
Showing no mercy and raising a ruckus "Fairy Tail" style.

Himote House (Sub) Episode 5
Girl talk. Another pretty funny final segment. Haruhi Suzumiya themed ending this week.

Operation Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur (Sub) Episode 1
Decent first episode, tho it does look interesting. Wait..... A vast wasteland of swords, haven't I seen that before somewhere. Ruler/Jeanne d'Arc is that you.

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-san (Sub) Episode 5
Another hilarious episode. Having to deal with the sensitive and awkward stuff is never easy.

Sword Art Online Alicization (Sub) Episode 5
Another really good episode. The flashbacks was really interesting. I'm also liking how the series is adapting the Light Novels perfectly as we'll as adding in anime original content for the secondary characters that was never in the light novels. I have to admit the art and animation this episode looked absolutely stunning (especially the scenes of the city at night).

Tsurune: Kazemai High School Archery Club (Sub) Episode 3
Overcoming your weakness is never easy. A new coach but with a familiar face arrives at the club.

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight (Sub) Episode 5

Watching stuff with friends again today.

Blazing Transfer Students ep1-3

Very much taking the Aliens approach to sequel concepts, this live-action continuation to the barking mad original sees 7 new transfer students fighting for their right to remain at an elite academy. It's very much aligned to the usual Japanese tv adaptation of an anime fare in its approach (i.e. hugely camp and a bit cheap looking), but it catches the spirit of the original rather well, it's endearingly daft , and I definitely intend to finish it.

The Disastrous Life of Saiki-K ep1-6 (dub, rewatch)

Nothing new to add. I really like the show, it has a strong dub, it annoys me that neither CR nor Netflix provide captions for the large amount of onscreen text.

Lupin III: The Blood Spray of Goemon Ishikawa

Until the half-way point, I was liking this more than The Gravestone of Jigen Daisuke, but the story doesn't add up to much overall and it ends up feeling a little insubstantial - it's more like an episode of a series than a stand alone film. Nevertheless, Takeshi Koike's direction is as slick as ever, and I desperately want the more adult strand of Lupin anime to continue. Zenigata film next kthnx.

Hoshi Neko Full House ep1

Probably the most unexpected winner of the night, this is a curious little Noboru Ishiguro OAV about a young space smuggler who comes to the aid of three highschool girls drifting in orbit, as an AI on earth instigates a revolution for mankind's robotic servants. While it does have a lot of the teen male wish fulfilment fantasy about it, there's some remarkable care and attention gone into the animation here, and even if it's played for laughs, the underlying story is surprisingly sinister, with scenes of the robots rounding up the human population and herding them away to parts unknown. We'd probably have watched more of this, had technical mishaps not left us with the smallest subtitles known to mankind.

Last edited:
Ms. Vampire ep 5
Sleep over and cooking for a friend.

Hinamaru Sumo ep 5
Odd training techniques and scouting the opposition.

Goblin Slayer ep 5
A more every day life episode centred around the guilds base of operation.

SAO: Alicization ep 5
We get to see what's been happening in the real world with Asuna and the gang since the end of the first episode.

Daredevil Season 3 episodes 11-13 A strong season for sure, possibly my favourite of the three.

Doctor Who Arc of Infinity (W/Commentary) A good laugh with Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton and Colin Baker on fine form. Baker has a particularly funny story relating to Paul Jerricho (who played the Castellan) mistaking him for an errand boy and asking him to fetch a coffee. Baker teased him on-set for it and playfully ribs the guy for the rest of the commentary.

The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of Holy War episodes 1-4 (Complete. Four solid episodes of sidestory fun to serve as a breather before season 2. Some good material here, if nothing special.) 3.5/5

The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments episodes 1-6

Last edited:
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 3

Zombie Land Saga (English Dub) Episode 2

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (Sub) Episode 6

The Girl in Twilight (Sub) Episode 6
Beach episode.

Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower

The shift in tone from December Sky is quite dramatic - it feels like we've gone from harrowing war drama to 90 minutes of gun-rattling action - but this was an extremely enjoyable film that delivers pretty much everything I would want from Gundam (i.e. for it to be more like Votoms).

Unsure how I feel about Claudia being not dead though. I liked her character a lot and her being around makes sense for the new narrative, but frankly her death seemed about as final as you could get, and walking that back rather undermines the sense of despair that made December Sky so distinctive.

Last edited:
Back