Your viewing journal

Karakai Juz No Takagi-san ep 3
The teasing continues, I assume there isn't going to be too much more to this than that, but people on MAL that have read the manga say there is some story developments.
The side character segments were amusing enough (they're apparently from a spin off manga).

Nobunaga Concerto eps 5-7
Continues to be informative, although I have to keep going to Wikipedia to explore the subject more. Interesting that the real Nobunaga (in the story) takes the name of the man who killed the real Nobunaga (in real life). I wonder how that's going to play out?

Darling in the Franxx - Episode 2

I found myself rolling my eyes a fair bit during this episode and I found it kinda middling, but I am interested to see where it goes.

A Place Further Than the Universe ep 4 (twice)
Quite a lot of text translation so had to watch again as I kept missing the lines and didn't have time to pause and go back as I was on my break first time round. That and it was another great episode!
Some lovely art in this episode as well as the usual mix of emotions that every episode has had so far.

_20180123_204736.JPG

Nobunaga Concerto eps 8-10
Lots of events going on which gets a bit confusing and then it just ends. Apparently the manga was ongoing when this aired, so there may be a second season.

Overlord II-Episode 3

I do love how they're getting us invested in the Lizard side of things, makes the battles more interesting for the viewer, as we're kind of rooting for both sides.

Yu-Gi-Oh-Episodes 13 and 14

Barakamon-Episode 8

Cardcaptor Sakura-Episode 39

Pop Team Epic #1....

Ehh it was okay, couple of laugh out loud moments but it is one of those shows that where the fad will be over after a couple eps, kinda like how Sausage Party omg they're swearing died 20 mins into the film no longer became fun but rather obnoxious. I don't see myself sticking with this show.

Kobayashi's Dragon Maid #13

I am mad. Up until this point this show was great but holy hell did this episode piss me off. I hate absolutely hate when comedy shows like this decide they are gonna become a full on drama near the end. Recently happened in Yamada and 7 witches and I didn't like it, but here cliché after another oh look Toru is gone for good the cliché of you don't know what you have until it is gone, and they even followed it up with a stupid cliché montage of MC struggling without Toru, then Toru comes back with her stupid family drama and then the cliché of MC standing up blah blah blah same crap you see all the time oh look at that everything gets resolved in a nice little bun, then Kobayashi I swear how many times is she gonna mull over not telling her the rice was good, you could just have her say and boom development without this dumb drama crap they had to shove down out throats. Adding crappy drama feels like a cheap way to add development to characters. If a show has mixed in drama elements from the start then its is fine, like Clannad it had humour but the drama was there from the start and I knew what I was getting into but these shows that start all comedy heavy then decide to end all dramatic it doesn't work it is not what I signed up for.

Was thinking of picking the show up physically but now I am not so sure awful episode has soured me completely.

'GIRLS UND PANZER MARATHON'

Girls und Panzer eps 7–9
♪ Duh duh duh-duh, duh duh-duh duh duh-duh... ♪
*bobs head to Tetris theme*

So, I read @Just Passing Through's thorough explanation of the song replacement, but... why a licensing issue with a folk song? Surely traditional stuff like that would be public domain, no? o_O

'GIRLS UND PANZER MARATHON'

Girls und Panzer eps 7–9
♪ Duh duh duh-duh, duh duh-duh duh duh-duh... ♪
*bobs head to Tetris theme*

So, I read @Just Passing Through's thorough explanation of the song replacement, but... why a licensing issue with a folk song? Surely traditional stuff like that would be public domain, no? o_O

The music may be public domain, but the recording won't be. If a particular artist, or orchestra have recorded a version of a folk song or a classical piece, then that particular interpretation will be copyrighted. There was nothing stopping Sentai from re-recording that song with their own artists, but I guess they chose expediency.

EDIT: There might also be a contractual stipulation with the licensor stopping them from re-recording it...

Macross Plus (complete) - Pretty good series with a mixture of top gun with a touch of Ghost in the shell. Its in desperate need of a remaster both visually and with its Audio. It's links with the original Macross seem rather tenuous but it's still very enjoyable.

Boruto: Naruto next Generations episode 42

Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49
episodes 8-13 (Complete. I don't really have much to comment on here. The series isn't terrible, it isn't great either- It's decidedly average. I will watch the second season eventually.) 2.5/5

Back