Your viewing journal

Pop Team Epic ep3

Didn't think it was as funny this week, although it did amuse me to see them reference both Cho Aniki and Fantasy Zone in the shoot em up segement. Not bothering to look at the 'Encore' version anymore though.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens ep1

Well, that was a bold opener. The art is occasionally a little janky, but I'm intrigued by this, it seems like a scummier version of Durarara.

Kokkoku ep 3
Seems my guess on ep 2 was right as Juri's power is revealed. And there's another cliffhanger, my guess this week is that either her brother or nephew saves her with their power (or maybe her sister who we haven't seen much of).

Yu-Gi-Oh!-Episodes 8-10

Boy, that hacking scene was very ... early 2000s

Citrus-Episode 3

Watching Yuzu discover her feelings is very endearing, I do hope Mei stops being so Tsun soon though

The Ancient Magus' Bride-Episode 15

Is anyone else becoming increasingly apathetic to Magus Bride? I started off adoring it but now I'm just so nonplussed every week. Sure, it still looks good, but I feel like nothing really happens. Like, the few episodes tried to have these cliffhanger endings that made you think something was going to happen, only for it to be quickly resolved in the next episode with no real issues. The whole thing also lacks any real sort of cohesiveness. It just feels sort of bodged together. That Silky bit in the last episode, for example, just felt really tacked on to fill time, as opposed to adding to anything that's happening. It kind of makes me sad, I really thought I was going to love this show, and whilst I still like it, I can't help but feel I care an awful lot less about it recently.

Mitsuboshi Colours-Episode 3

Sacchan is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters this season.

The Ancient Magus' Bride-Episode 15

Is anyone else becoming increasingly apathetic to Magus Bride? I started off adoring it but now I'm just so nonplussed every week. Sure, it still looks good, but I feel like nothing really happens. Like, the few episodes tried to have these cliffhanger endings that made you think something was going to happen, only for it to be quickly resolved in the next episode with no real issues. The whole thing also lacks any real sort of cohesiveness. It just feels sort of bodged together. That Silky bit in the last episode, for example, just felt really tacked on to fill time, as opposed to adding to anything that's happening. It kind of makes me sad, I really thought I was going to love this show, and whilst I still like it, I can't help but feel I care an awful lot less about it recently.
I know how you feel, each week I tune in I find myself feeling less invested. The recurring "quickly resolved cliffhanger" trait is becoming a bit stale for me as well. I'm hoping the story picks up again, since I have quite enjoyed the series for the most part, but do have problems with some of the narrative choices.

The Ancient Magus' Bride-Episode 15 - I don't agree with @IncendiaryLemon regarding the show, im very much enjoying the attention to detail and subtle myth/ legend references. Magus Bride is part SOL and as with many SOL shows it's rather episodic. I thought this weeks was a weaker episode but I enjoyed seeing more about Silkys past

Darling in the Fraxx ep 2 -yep im defiantly feeling this, cant wait for more

Beatless ep 2 - awful episode which has the female android become a fashion model, pointless

Garo ep 15 - no Gina this week

Animegataris END:

Man how did this show fall of the rails so hard.? It was at least somewhat grounded in the first half but the big plus was it was enjoyable but I had no idea what the hell was happening or why they decided to go this route, ruined characters. There is being meta then there is this, stupid total horse poop. Never touching this show again. Man the autumn season just collapsed with the exception of Magus Bride, Kitan and Sister.

Man the autumn season just collapsed with the exception of Magus Bride, Kitan and Sister.
Haven't got to Magus Bride (people above seem to be suggesting it's running out of steam), but enjoyed Inyuashiki and really liked Girls' Last Tour and Recovery of an MMO Junkie.
Also caught KK and thought that was really good as well.

Haven't got to Magus Bride (people above seem to be suggesting it's running out of steam), but enjoyed Inyuashiki and really liked Girls' Last Tour and Recovery of an MMO Junkie.
Also caught KK and thought that was really good as well.
It is one of those hype anime so people feeling that way is bound to happen especially being second cour with new fresh-er shows starting. I fully expect the similar reactions to Violet Evergarden once the hype leaves and you're halfway through the cour- I have no illusions about that show and have critiqued it heavily already if it doesn't improve I fully expect others to do the same.

Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash episodes 7-12 (Complete. This is an okay series. It knows what its purpose is: Action and fan service, and it does just that, whilst throwing in some alright characters and fun set pieces. Overall this is average-not great but not bad.) 3/5

Serial Experiments Lain episodes 1-6
And you don't seem to understand, a shame you seemed an honest man...

Shirobako (rewatch) (completed)

This is like my 7-8th rewatch, but this time with BDs. Great like always

Hozuki's Coolheadedness (rewatch) (completed)

Again I have rewatched Hozuki maybe 3-4 times now, and its always funny and great. Glad to have the BDs

Black Lagoon eps 7-10 - showing the series to my next-door neighbors.

Also, we watched RWBY V5C14, the last Chapter of Volume 5. My neighbors are huge RWBY fans now, thanks to yours truly. Now the long slog of a wait until Volume 6 starts in October.

Last edited:
Blood+ Episodes 11-50 (completed)

Definitely a great show to watch. It is a tad slow at points, and I feel some parts where just unneeded padding to the whole thing.

I watched it dubbed, and nearly all the casting was good except for the use of the same voice actor for 3 sub-characters and sounding exactly the same for all 3 characters... If ur going to use someone for multiple characters then please get people with a wide vocal range.

Sister #12 END

Not much finality here played like a regular episode. Though a complete waste of 10 mins on uninteresting backstory on MC, if someone made it 12 eps in I don't think they care about the characters back story.

Katana Maidens #1

Nothing says a new anime season without some guilty pleasure shows, didn't expect much from this so far #1 was mostly fine but with a cast of majority females, designs especially unique designs are needed here and for the most part they did a good job quite a few of these girls are nicely designed, obviously got some generic designs but what seem main players are unique enough.

Macross Plus ep 1 - Its only taken me 15 years to get round to watching this. Its pretty good but boy does it need a remaster/ HD scan.

Lupin III eps 1-4 - its episodic but entertaining so far, this is my first foray into the world of Lupin

Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls episode 3 I'm honestly not sure whether to keep watching this or not, will give it another week.

Serial Experiments Lain episodes 7-13 (Complete. It's hard to put into words exactly what makes Lain a really good series. It's almost always uncomfortably quiet, often relying on long pauses and sparse dialogue, whilst presenting themes of technology and mankind amalgamating as one. The further Lain advances within the cyberspace, the further she finds her reality fall apart. It has an often unnerving atmosphere but also a subtlety to its presentation.

I'll not spoil any of the story points, since this is definitely a series to watch and explore with ones own outlook and mindset. Some will really like this, and others probably won't, it's that kind of anime. I also love the OP "Duvet" by Boa, and the animation allows for some very surreal and trippy imagery. I personally very much recommend that any anime fan checks this out.) 4/5

Back