Your viewing journal

Catching up with this thread.

Beyond the Boundary episodes 5–12 (rewatch complete)
I upped my MAL score for this a little on rewatch. The two films will be next.

Kill la Kill episodes 1–7 (rewatch)
Started another rewatch of this. :)

Orguss 02 episodes 2+3 (rewatch)
So... episode 3 is where our duo have to pass through an enemy checkpoint in a hijacked military-spec truck. The problem is that only she can speak this country's language; he can't. What ingenious solution does he come up with to get them past the guards? (Be warned, if you're allergic to stupid screenwriting, don't click the spoiler tag below!)
She hides under his seat and does the talking in a "man's" voice while he sits at the wheel and MOVES HIS MOUTH IN TIME. To get the timing right, she taps his leg just before she starts talking, and then again to signal she's about to stop talking.

I think I need to lie down for a bit.

Haven't posted here for ages.

But currently sat waiting for Perfect Blue to start at the cinema.

Also been watching Inuyashiki. I've read all the manga and it's moving at about a volume and episode. So fast but very faithful. Can't wait to see the madness that happens later!

Eureka Seven-Episodes 14-17

Hmm, okay, maybe the plot isn't starting just yet. Well, it kinda has, but there still isn't really an active goal, I just hope it starts gearing up to go in a more story centric direction soon. It's all well and good building up these great characters but if it doesn't do anything with them in 50 whole episodes, it'll feel wasteful.

Black Clover-Episode 5

Food Wars: The Third Plate-Episode 5

Food Wars S3 finally gets interesting.

Forgot to log a few of what i've watched recently so here's what i've watched over the past few days:

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War episode 2

Kino's Journey -the Beautiful World- the Animated Series episode 1

Sabagebu! -Survival Game Club!- episode 1-2

The Ancient Magus' Bride
episode 1

Ushio and Tora episode 6

A Silent Voice (dub)
Very good dub and very nice visually. The main thrust of the story is there, but I feel that most of the support characters lost out to cuts from the manga and it also cuts the film making plot which seemed to me a large part of the reason that they came together, both before and after the accident, but especially after.

Perfect Blue (sub)
Still trying to put things together and I've seen it multiple times. Being at the cinema the sound was great, especially in scenes where voices were coming from all over the place. Parts were dated though: Netscape Navigator, that takes me back!

Ghost in the Shell: Arise (dub) borders 3 & 4
Who was doing what to who and with what? I really shouldn't watch complicated stuff when I'm tired.

Stranger Things season 2 ep 7-9
Episode 7: Please enjoy the intermission! To be fair there were some important tidbits, bit it seemed like a pilot for a spin off show.
Eps 8 and 9: Enjoy the ride baby, all the way to the end!

31 Days of Halloween Day 31: Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers (Producer's Cut) a great entry in the franchise, thanks to the better Producer's Cut that fixes all the problems with the sh*t theatrical cut. It's also notable for being one of actor Donald Pleasance' last films, and for having Paul Rudd in an early role.

Thor: Ragnarok (film) Much better than the previous Thor films and the best Marvel offering since Civil War.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Book Two: Earth (Rewatch) episodes 16-20

Last edited:
Pefect Blue (Rewatch)

While this is the 4th/5th time I've watched this film, being at the cinema was a totally different experiance, I forgot how messed up some of the scenes were. It was well worth going to see

it as my 2nd time seeing it at the cinema as they showed it a few years ago at scifi Londons anime allnighter. you really see the subtle things like the reflections you need to keep an eye out for.

Its mad that its 20 years old. I remember sitting on the bus excited to see it after reading the back cover of the vhs I'd just bought

Fusé - Memoirs of a Hunting Girl

Cute little movie. Being 20 minutes shorter wouldn't have hurt, in my opinion, and there are some things that could have been better laid out. Also don't feel like the romance stuff was entirely justified.

Still, it's stunningly vibrant in its use of color and its rendition of Edo and feudal Japan. Excellent background art, solid animation and character design. Beautiful soundtrack too.

Ghost in the Shell: Arise (dub) borders 3 & 4
Who was doing what to who and with what? I really shouldn't watch complicated stuff when I'm tired.
No, I reckon you're completely bang-on: Arise is phenomenally complicated. There are still things I don't get about even episode 1, like "What was the building that Kusanagi went to in order to find the missing cash, and how did she know to go there?" Did I miss something? o_O

Orguss 02 episodes 4–6 (rewatch complete)

Actual dialogue from the dub:

EPISODE 4
Woman: I could hear you arguing up there. I think I know what's going on.
Young man: I hit her [your daughter]. I'm ashamed to admit it.
Woman: I love her, but I forgive you for getting angry.

Whoa, what?!

EPISODE 5
[Military commander allows female captive to flee]
Him: Now get going!
Her: But why are you being so kind?
Him: Go! Before I throw you down on the ground and rape ya!
Her: [smiling] Bless you. Thanks. [bows]

What... in... the... actual... ****?

Fate/Zero ep9-10

Giving Rin a mini-mission felt a bit like blatant fanservice, but Waver/Iskandar's Scooby Doo style hunt for Caster was entertaining at least. I like this show a lot, but it still blows my mind that at episode ten of a one cour series, no-one has been killed off yet.

Fate/Zero ep9-10

Giving Rin a mini-mission felt a bit like blatant fanservice, but Waver/Iskandar's Scooby Doo style hunt for Caster was entertaining at least. I like this show a lot, but it still blows my mind that at episode ten of a one cour series, no-one has been killed off yet.

Rin's Big Adventure is the best F/Z episode, I will fight you

I didn't have any objection to the episode in itself, more just that, as Rin seems to have little or no bearing on the story, it was like another stumbling block in the face of F/Z actually committing to any real plot development.

I didn't have any objection to the episode in itself, more just that, as Rin seems to have little or no bearing on the story, it was like another stumbling block in the face of F/Z actually committing to any real plot development.

I get you, I just find it to be a really entertaining episode. Personally, I think F/Z has huge pacing issues, mostly the first half being too slow and the second half dropping two whole flashback episodes just when the story starts to actually go. I don't think I've seen anyone else say as much, so it might just be me, but I definitely find it to be a little all over the place. Still love F/Z mind, I just prefer UBW's more action-centric take on Fate.

Back