Your viewing journal

Urara Meirochou-Episodes 11 and 12 (Complete)

This really needs a Season 2. Feels like it was just getting started. Not sure how likely that is, but I'm not exactly hopeful.

Ghost Stories-Episodes 17-20 (Complete)

I kinda loved the way this series gradually got more and more extreme, to the point where in the last few episode you have the 4-year-old dropping uncensored F-Bombs. Marvelous. Honestly, I thought this was very funny, but definitely a product of its time, you wouldn't get away with 90% of the jokes in this day and age, Tumblr might implode.

A Certain Magical Index II-Episodes 1-3

It's been a hot minute since I saw Season 1 of Index, so I was a little bit hazy on some of the stuff people were talking about in regards to the different Church sects, but I think I'm back on board now. First episode was a bit meh, but episode 2 and 3 were pretty great. Curious to see some more.

Gundam: Reconguista in G episodes 10-26
(Complete. This anime was such a mess... but I enjoyed it, well the first ten episodes and the last seven or so were relatively fine to follow (as much as the pacing of the series allows anyway), and were fun, but the void inbetween just left me confused, though I was able to enjoy the great animation and action scenes. The plot is flimsy and rushed, and the characters were hard to keep track of. However the main protagonist Bellri gets points for not being as moody and angsty as other Gundam leads and I didn't mind him at all, even if he was a bit underdeveloped.

This is definitely an anime that could have used another 10-20 episodes, and it's a shame since there was some real potential here, since I liked the tone and what I could follow of the story I found intriguing. Overall it's a mixed bag, I didn't hate the series, but I feel that there was a lot of missed opportunity here, and the ending left a lot to be desired. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the project they're making for this, it might help to improve the story.) 3/5

Last edited:
Ep 1 of Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
Ep 1 of Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
Ep 1 of Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu....i can already hear my bank account groaning at the sets i'm inevitably going to buy when they are released.

Any guesses? Some kind of FLCL-style belated follow-up?

Of all shows, I think Gurren Lagann is definitely one I can say for certain DOES NOT NEED A FOLLOW UP UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. The ending to the show is perfect as it is, at least to me. I have no idea what kind of follow up you could even do.

The Girl Who Lept Through Time

I totally forgot just how long I've had this sitting on my shelf. I think it must be coming up on two years since I purchased it! Anyway, it came up on my randomiser and I ended up enjoying it a lot. I think most of it comes down to the protagonist Makoto, who just absolutely oozes likability and charm, to the point where you end up getting quite attached to her incredibly quickly. I think the strongest emotional reaction I had was actually very early on in the film when she gets hit by the train that makes her time leap for the first time. Her use of time powers at first also makes her an incredibly relatable character too, as all of her selfish yet harmless (or seemingly so) uses of time travel definitely seem like the exact things I'd do given her scenario. Makoto's subtle growth over the course of the film was also well done and only helped to strengthen just how much I ended up liking her. The only real drawback to this film, to me anyway, was the romance. I don't think it was poorly done in concept, in fact I think the way Makoto naturally discovers her feelings seemed quite realistic, especially of a girl her age, but I didn't think there was any real chemistry between her Chiaki, and I genuinely thought they did work better as friends than as a romantic pairing. Due to this, I struggled to invest in their relationship and it left me feeling rather unaffected on an emotional level by the film's climax. Despite this, it's still a very strong film, and I'm glad I finally got around to it.

A Certain Magical Index II-Episode 4

Nuns with swords. That is all.

Fuuka (Complete) - This show has had a lot of bad reviews and (I can understand) for good reason. I'm going to have to hold my hand up and say "I liked it". I don't mean that in any form other than the fact I watched the whole series and didn't think at any point "What is this crap". It was certainly predictable, but given the type of show it is, I will allow it. Easy watching.

Renai Boukun (Eps 1) - Meh! Not in the mood for that right now.

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? (Eps 1-6) - OK so this I really do like! I'd go as far to say that it's certainly one of my favorite animes of this year so far! I nearly didn't watch it either! Can't wait to crack on again with this tonight! Please let it end as well as it started! XD

DD68y20UIAAvB5A.jpg

Interviews with Monster Girls
(Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Complete)
Interviews with Monster Girls (Japanese audio) - OVA (Complete)

Really enjoyed watching this series. Despite the change in artstyle compared to the manga I got used to it and loved the expressions each character makes. The OVA episode was a nice touch, props to Crunchyroll for managing to get it up on the service.

Watched a bit this week

Knight's & Magic Ep 1
Restaurant to Another World Ep 1
Katsugeki Touken/Ranbu Ep 1
Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon ? Ep 1-4 (Dubbed)
Kill la Kill Ep 1

Gunslinger Girl episodes 1-13 (Complete. This was a fascinating series delving into a dark subject matter. It's handled with both restraint and subtlety but is also accompanied with fun action scenes, and the Handlers and their respective child cyborg are developed-each having their own set of problems and relation issues. Looking forward to the second season.) 4/5

Miami Vice
episode 22

Amagami SS episodes 17–20

Best tall tale:

"Do you know the origin of the words choux cream? In ancient Hebrew, chouc means 'love' and ream means 'good luck'. Supposedly they used to give their beloved a choux cream when proposing."
And Rihoko didn't even suspect a thing, bless her.

Back