Your viewing journal

Violence Jack - 3 OVA 'Manga Collection' version.

Of all the 'manga collection' DVDs, I think this has to be my favourite. Yes, it's shockingly bad - and looks so dated now, but christ alive is it hilarious. The sweary dub is probably one of the most filthy I've ever heard and the degrees of violence on offer sure live up to the title. The sex scenes are ridiculous too - it's almost as bad as Overfiend in places. But all that aside, it's actually a pretty entertaining watch, especially the first of the three stories.

that's my first anime I saw on sci fi when I was younger.......well one of them anyways and being exposed to something like violence jack was a mind blowing experience.......deaths of people children gory ways to go, the cannibalism, rape scenes............. I wanted f****** more of that but I did see the over fiend which was awesome as hell.

wish todays tv didn't suck

Lutga said:
Violence Jack - 3 OVA 'Manga Collection' version.

Now all you need to do is watch the extra half hour or so they had to cut to get it through the good old BBFC.

I found it makes it a very different ova series without the cuts, much darker.

Mangaranga said:
Psycho Pass 2 - Episode 1

Not overly keen on the new OP animation. It lacks something that the OPs for season 1 had. A great first episode regardless.

PandoraHane said:
Fate/Stay Night UBW: Oh, it's me, trailing a week behind, I may end up signing up for Crunchyroll purely for this, I want Episode 1 right now. Knowing I could watch it right now ahhh!! Everything just feels so fresh and ugh that animation <3 Rin is made so much more approachable this time round. ///those blushes/// cuuuute!!
Apparently I have a 48hr CR guest pass if you want it.

:O Really? Would that be ok? Thank you so much!

Madoka Magica ep1

Having fought shy of it all this time, I finally caught an episode of Madoka at the anime club. I've been a bit unfairly dismissive of it in the past, likely due to it being one of those shows that it seemed like swathes of the internet would never shut up about for quite a long period of time, but it seemed fine. Having pieced together a reasonable idea of how it all goes from what people have said, I still feel it's not telling a story that particularly interests me, but I'll not run from the room if they decide to show the entire series.

Parasyte -the maxim- (Japanese Dub) - Episode 02

So the famous dick scene appeared.. and wow the few scenes after that were hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eps 1-12 of Hamatora
Eps 1-12 of Re:_Hamatora
Ep 1 of Psycho-Pass 2
Ep 2 of Orechi no Furo Jijou
Ep 3 of Gundam: G no Reconguista
Eps 1 & 2 of Nanatsu no Taizai

Back