Your viewing journal

fabricatedlunatic said:
ilmaestro said:
I don't dislike Ritsu, but I feel that she is the girl who definitely isn't the best of the group, which puts me at odds with some (not so frequently seen these days) people on here.
By which I assume you mean that Ritsu is clearly the second best of the group, only just behind Yui? Yeah, that has to be what you mean. Glad we agree.
Oh hey, these people are still floating about!

Ritsu is just so... there. Outside of appealing to fans of foreheads, she never comes off to me as having as much individual charisma or defining attitudes as the others.

Finally finished GJ-bu. A nice slice of life show with entertaining characters and no dumb drama. It's similar to Seitokai no Ichizon except there's less comedy. It was the only show I actually liked from last season. Though I haven't finished Vividred yet but I heard that's pretty terrible so it doesn't count.

Bubblegum Crisis OAV 3 - "Born to Kill"

Second of the only two eps I've seen before. A solid enough episode (perhaps slightly better looking than the previous ones?), but I think oav 2 is my favourite so far. Apparently this is the last one directed by Katsuhito Akiyama, so I'll be interested to see how the others compare stylistically.

FMA Brotherhood eps 9-13 (watch with Mother). Plots really picking up now the Elrics backstory is mostly done. Episode 10 surprised Mum, so now she knows it's a show not afraid of killing off likeable characters. She's dying to know more about "those 7 Deadly Sins people." I've teased her that we've met Wrath a few times now, but we don't know who he is. Heh heh. Well, we find out soon....

It's funny,

I must of seen *cowboy bebop* a hundred times already and it still as good as ever, it doesn't seento age, it's funny tho because after a certain a anime ages but bepop came out in the 90s and it looks like it hasn't aged abit

animefreak17 said:
It's funny,

I must of seen *cowboy bebop* a hundred times already and it still as good as ever, it doesn't seento age, it's funny tho because after a certain a anime ages but bepop came out in the 90s and it looks like it hasn't aged abit

Yeah if it wasn't for the 4:3 aspect ratio it could pass for a new anime. Some animes are just that awesome. Akira came out 25 years ago, and still looks fresh.

Gave Attack on Titan a whirl (eps 1-3) over the weekend and liked what I saw enough to carry on.

Also continued with Natsuyuki Rendezvous (eps 3-5) for some supernatural SoL

And Aku no Hana ep 9 :D:D:D which continues to enthrall (even though, having read the manga, I know exactly where this is going... it's such compelling viewing)

And I also watched The Garden of Words 3 times ^_^

Attack On Titan 9
Eren wins the award for most awkward time to talk in your sleep.

Oreimo S2 Ep 9
Kyosuke and Kirino's relationship sure is unhealthy...also, it's amazing how in the last 2 episodes I've went from adoring Kuroneko to thinking she's a bitch.

Magic Knight Rayearth - Episode 10

Space Brothers - Episode 60

Majestic Prince - Episode 8

Lots of action but still only 'OK' IMHO.

Bubblegum Crisis OAV 4 - "Revenge Road"

The action scenes were definitely slicker in this one, though whether it's purely down to the change in director I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me if the budget had increased a bit by this point too.

That aside, it's interesting that this episode made no reference to the boomers whatsoever. If anything, it reminded me more of laserdisc game Road Avenger than anything else.

HENNEKO e.1 - No idea why it took me so long to start this, but easily lived up to the small amount of billing it has received on here so far. Ishihara Kaori is adorable fumbling around as Azusa.

Lost count of the episodes, but last night me and Mum watched FMA: Brotherhood vol 2, disc 1: The gang from Xing show up and Roy Mustang proves himself master of badass plotting. She's really hooked now!

Back