Your viewing journal

@FourthLion

well................... have you seen noir it has that sort of feel, the female lead in phantom is abit like the black haird female lead in noir, oh yeah it kinda rips off the darker than black masks.

i only finished ep 5 but it has a classy feel and the series makes you hate and sympathise the two main characters * when you watch ep 5 you'll know why i hate him.

thats so far my opinion but i can judge it til iv watched the whole series.

theres a few breast scene too * im hoping for more*

Muv luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - Episode 13

Muv Luv feels completely back on track after a few pointless episodes early on.

King of Braves GaoGaiGar - Episodes 19 & 20

Episode 19 was an absolute cracker, easily the best episode of the series so far!

chaos said:
FourthLion said:
Stared disc 1 of Bridy the Mighty: Decode. Not sure it's for me really but will stick with it for the first season at least.
I really liked Birdy and the opening song is awesome.

I liked the first opening better then the 2nd one, though in retrospect the 2nd fit the 2nd season. I did enjoy Birdy though, as a series and as a character, it didn't pan out as I expected it to. I still don't know why the last ep of season 2 wasn't put in a different place though...Completely confused me when I watched it a couple of months ago.

Orgun said:
King of Braves GaoGaiGar - Episodes 19 & 20

Episode 19 was an absolute cracker, easily the best episode of the series so far!

This reminds me, got to get my mate back on track with watching this :), want to show him GaoGaiGar FINAL as well once he's through with it.

@BlackWolf

i think the original was better, i haven't seen FINIAL but iv seen the music video of GaoGaiGar FINIAL and it doesn't look as good as the original, FINIAL has like 12 episodes and the original has 50 episodes. i doubt the 12 episodes of GaoGaiGar would be as fun as the original, but i wouldn't mind owning it for my love for the show and my fandom of anime

animefreak17 said:
@BlackWolf

i think the original was better, i haven't seen FINIAL but iv seen the music video of GaoGaiGar FINIAL and it doesn't look as good as the original, FINIAL has like 12 episodes and the original has 50 episodes. i doubt the 12 episodes of GaoGaiGar would be as fun as the original, but i wouldn't mind owning it for my love for the show and my fandom of anime

Actually Final only has 8 40 min eps, it was a OVA release. However it was then re-edited into GaoGaiGar FINAL Grand Glorious Gathering for broadcast on tv with minor edits and a few snippets of Betterman here and there to tie the idea that both shows take place in the same universe.

Also trust me, the 8 OVA eps are epic in definition, and the ending is one of the best I've seen in an anime. I would love to own it mind, at this point I would gladly take the jap only Final discs.

Also Genisic GaoGaiGar is awesome :)

Today I recieved and watched:
Steins;Gate 1-6
Gurren Lagann 1-7

Not anime/manga but also recieved a Yukiko Amagi Nendoroid.

Joshawott said:
Steins;Gate 1-8

Watched it subbed as I'm scared the sub won't be able to do better than Mamoru Miyano xD
I was actually surprised at the dub. After watching it subbed as it aired, and hearing many different dub clips I thought it didn't sound that good at all, but I actually found it to be pretty good once I gave it a try. The only voice I didn't like was Moeka, but it's not like she speaks much anyway. Okabe's dub voice is good, but I can't help but think of Kraft Lawrence every time he speaks. >_>

Still rewatching Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai: Up to episode 10 (or 11, can't remember :()

I actually enjoy this series more than the original. I think the fact that there's more time to flesh out the last two story arcs help, compared with the original series cramming in (and missing out sooooooooooo much detail) 6 of the arcs.

There was also a moment when... Teppei hits Satoko when at the top of the stairs. I actually flew into a rage when it happened. Emotional manipulation. Kudos.

Also nice to see Rena's bill hook cleaver instead of the junkyard van in the opening credits. Morbid. Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strike Witches 2 4-8

So far, I think season 1 was way better. Not because season 1 had more neuroi, but while this series is entertaining, so far it's pretty dull. Still love how Minna got her 200th kill with her butt though

Last edited by a moderator:
Back