Your viewing journal

Watched a bunch of stuff the last few weeks

K-on The Movie - Entertaining but the re-tread of the send of season 2 disappointed me a little, for some reason I'd assumed the trip was after graduation, not before.

Nichijou - My Ordinary Life 1-26, funny but I now realise this is the type of show that benefits from a re-versioned translation or a decent amount of video notes. (makes me wish for the days when ADV had a crap ton of notes on things like Excel Saga and Pani Poni Dash)

High School of the Dead: Drifters Of The Dead

Disappearance of Haruhi - rewatch at BD quality - forgot how long this film was

Qwaser of Stigmata Season 2, 1-13 - They got through the plot arc mentioned on the back quicker than expected, some silly episodes and then just as it looked like things might kick off into an epic arc, it ends lol

ilmaestro said:
Rosencrantz said:
Nichijou - My Ordinary Life 1-26
What was your opinion on the contrast between the Nano/Hakase segments, and the segments featuring the main girls?

In general I enjoyed the Nano/Hakase segments more, probably because those segments don't rely on referencing other things

Rewatched the Fifth (And best) Kara no Kyoukai film - Paradox Spiral.

Still keeping my hopes up that the Japanese BD re-release in early July will keep the ENG sub track. It should do since I doubt that Aniplex would go to the trouble of creating a subless master to screw us over.
After all, they love money. It's just the lack of any confirmation which is unnerving, but none of the japanese listings for the old limited edition BD box list ENG subs either.

Other than that I haven't really been in an anime mood this week. Have Shingeki and Railgun S to watch tomorrow and might try Hanneko since I've all but dropped DS:O.

ilmaestro said:
Hmm, interesting. I was the opposite, to such an extent that the Nano/Hakase segments just ended up making me drop the show. ^^;

They were kinda repetitive at the start, things definitely opened up in the 2nd half when Nano started to go to school

This weekend I've just rewatched Heavens Lost Property S1 1-14 on BD, looks great now that I have a HD TV to watch it on :) Kinda odd no one has grabbed it for the UK, unless fan service shows have to have more boobage ala Sekirei.

FMA Brotherhood vol 4 disc 1 - watched it last night and it ended on a great cliffhanger. Mum is curious to know how the final battle will last across 3 more discs. I told her to prepare for epicness.

Rosencrantz said:
ilmaestro said:
Hmm, interesting. I was the opposite, to such an extent that the Nano/Hakase segments just ended up making me drop the show. ^^;

They were kinda repetitive at the start, things definitely opened up in the 2nd half when Nano started to go to school
I see. A good buddy of mine insists to me that the show is better than I give it credit for, maybe I should return to it one day.

Back