Your viewing journal

Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 1

Man, I absolutely loved that, very typical Sunrise mecha, but that's no bad thing in my eyes,the end credits show some very interesting mecha and characters, the next episode can't come fast enough!

Last edited by a moderator:
Valvrave The Liberator 1 - I had heard a lot of people saying this was pretty bad, but i think it was pretty decent a start. It is so very Sunrise though, you can tell. The idea behind the Valvrave itself is kind of interesting, so i'm curious as to where that'll go. Also i don't like calling things early, but... I don't honestly think Shouko is dead here. I get this feeling we'll see her either at the end of the first cour or start of the second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fate/Zero - Episodes 22-25 (END)

Have to say that this series has been absolutely brilliant and even had a satisfying ending. I would literally go and buy the sub BDs now if it was not for my knowledge of a dub being in the works.
It would be great if Ufotable animated all of the 'Fate' series, especially since I have heard nothing but bad things about Deen's F/SN adaptation.

Mangaranga said:
Fate/Zero - Episodes 22-25 (END)

Have to say that this series has been absolutely brilliant and even had a satisfying ending. I would literally go and buy the sub BDs now if it was not for my knowledge of a dub being in the works.
It would be great if Ufotable animated all of the 'Fate' series, especially since I have heard nothing but bad things about Deen's F/SN adaptation.

I'm looking forward to being able to pick that dub set up when it lands aswell.

I think people are rather unfair on Deen's adaption tbh, it came out only a couple of years after the original VN hit and who knew the Fate series would be so big still. It was always going to be hard to pull off such a large and complex VN, maybe they could of stuck solely to the fate arc but who knew there'd be interest still so it's understandable they threw in some nods to the other arcs.

Fate/Zero has it easy by comparison, we know what the ending will be and we know a few set facts that were established by the VN. Beyond that the author had free reign, not to mention there's only 1 story instead of 3, it's no wonder Zero is so much more slick.

Flowers of Evil ep 2

Am now more convinced than ever that the art style is perfect for the story. The unsettling mood and sense of unease were brilliantly done. The ambient sound and music really played their part as well.

Valvrave ep 1

This first ep was pretty good, animation was lovely and smooth and it was entertaining. Ending was a bit WTF though, this one could go either way.

Majestic Prince ep 2

Glad to see the goofy humour is still present. Loved the press conference scene and the social media chattering.

Madoka - Episode 5
Devil Survivor 2 - Episodes 1 & 2

Joshawott said:
A Certain Scientific Railgun S 1

D'AWWWW Misaka is so adorable!
Hey Josh, do you need to have seen the first series of Railgun to understand what is going on?
I want to watch Railgun S, but won't have the first series to watch until sometime this week. I've read the first 3 Manga volumes though.

Oreimo S2 Episode 2

This episode was bordering on cringe worthy...then the yandere moment jumped it back into hilarity.

Mangaranga said:
Madoka - Episode 5
Devil Survivor 2 - Episodes 1 & 2

Joshawott said:
A Certain Scientific Railgun S 1

D'AWWWW Misaka is so adorable!
Hey Josh, do you need to have seen the first series of Railgun to understand what is going on?
I want to watch Railgun S, but won't have the first series to watch until sometime this week. I've read the first 3 Manga volumes though.
I've read the first 7 volumes of the manga and tbh, I was left a bit confused by some anime only characters. I would have watched season 1, but I'm waiting for it to be licensed here...well, until Comic Con and if not, I'm getting it from America.

Over the past few days: Shakugan no Shana Second Episode 13-24
Tonight I've watched Rumbling Hearts Episode 1-5. It's ever so slightly addictive. Poor Haruka :( (also she looks so much like Sakura it's unreal).

My Teen Romantic Comedy Has a Terrible Title ep2

I think I was rather quick to dismiss this as a palette-swapped Oreshura; it actually shows some promise. Still doesn't seem like anything hugely fresh, but it feels well executed, for what it is.

Back