Your viewing journal

Far too much to list since I last posted here, but I've watched a few complete series:

Infinite Ryvius
Battle Programmer Shirase
Code Geass
Kekkaishi

Plus I'm still keeping up with the regulars - Bokurano, Claymore, Death Note, Naruto Shippuuden, Seto no Hanayome and Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann.

Code Geass - 21-23, now just have to wait till near the end of july for the last two of the first season :( .
Darker than Black 4 - should have started this earlier, tis great, and i'm not finding it hard to understand either. I quite like the opening.

Doberman Pharaoh said:
Far too much to list since I last posted here, but I've watched a few complete series:

Infinite Ryvius
Code Geass
Kekkaishi

-Lagann
What did you think of Infinite Ryvius and Code Geass.
Nagasarete Airantou - 11
Tengen Toppa Gurren 13
Man i wished i didn't watch the trail for the next episode.
Darker Than Black 11- one down 2 to go. My money's on the astronomer dude.
Zegapain 15-26- Hmm nice flip from the spiritual mecha endings. Much more materialistic. While it won't go down in the annals of history as the best show eva, good fun while it lasted.

Zipang 21/23 - If there is one thing Zipang does is deliver. It slowly builds up tension over the episodes and when it comes to the actual action or story it just hits, and hard. The last three episodes have been some of the best of the series, the story was just fantastic. I was gripped, the fighting between the planes and then the missles being launched at the boat. Fantastic. The music just added into this mix and gave it that extra edge. One gripe, and this is my only one, is that sometimes the CG can stand out a little bit too much. By this i mean on the flames and on the water, it can look good but at times it can look over done. Everything else, superb.

Shall be finishing this series tomorrow, i am expecting it to deliver.

hopeful_monster said:
Doberman Pharaoh said:

Infinite Ryvius
Code Geass
Kekkaishi

-Lagann
What did you think of Infinite Ryvius and Code Geass.

I thought Infinite Ryvius was really interesting. A few characters kinda annoyed me, and I was watching the dub which may have changed things around a bit, but overall it felt to me like watching an anime about Lord of the Flies...in space! I had to really concentrate sometimes though, lots of characters and terms I struggled to remember. Really good show though.

Code Geass...eh it's fun enough. Overhyped like a...really overhyped thing, but it's a good show. I don't know why they chose to have Britannia as their worldwide nazi force crushing nations, and then of course the Japanese have to be the ones to stand against it, but eh I'll ignore that. But as I say, it's an entertaining show, not one of my favourites but I've enjoyed the series thus far.

What are your opinions on both, assuming you've watched them.

Kenichi 30 + 31 - yes yes yes we finally get to see kenichi showing his true stregth by creating his own style of new moves

Zipang 24/26 - Well i've finished the amazing Zipang and it lived upto my expectations that were slowly built up over the course of this show. This has to be one of the most gripping and interesting anime i've ever seen. From the word go it excels. While the ending may seem open it does have alot of closure aswell. It does leave room for another series and if there was one that deserved it, it would be Zipang.

Full write up coming soon, but if you like action/drama/history or anything with a good storyline and brilliant characters then Zipang has something for you.

Black Lagoon eps 1 to 4 and I have to say i'm loving Revi so far.

My only gripe is the bloody great sticker on the front of the tin, :x thank God for WD-40 is all I can say. :p

Back