Your viewing journal

MercenaryRaiden said:
Also...Miki, Makoto and Hibiki as a trio huh...Hmmmmmmm....
I think you mean... HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG. :p

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Gundam 00 S2 Episode 8 Rewatch

WAIT! Regene Regetta is a MAN!? WHAT!? I don't even... Oy...
No, YOU wait... didn't you say "rewatch"?! :lol:

As Rui covered though, pigeonholing Innovades according to human gender conventions is merely a convenience for when they are trying to pass as human.

ilmaestro said:
MercenaryRaiden said:

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Gundam 00 S2 Episode 8 Rewatch

WAIT! Regene Regetta is a MAN!? WHAT!? I don't even... Oy...
No, YOU wait... didn't you say "rewatch"?! :lol:

As Rui covered though, pigeonholing Innovades according to human gender conventions is merely a convenience for when they are trying to pass as human.

I did say rewatch, though I think I would've noticed first time watching if it had been mentioned, so I blame fansubs =P

And yeah, I know technically they are all genderless, but i's how they choose to classify themselves.

ANyways, I watched Bakuman 2 eps 1 and 2. 1 was a fairly standard easing back in episode while 2 got back to the good stuff. Definitely sensing another great season. Side note: Does anyone know where the anime is in terms of manga volumes? There's 13ish released so I was just wondering how many seasons we could possibly expect. I'm guessing we're around vol 4?

I also watched M.D. Geist... mistake. I don't know why but I really just cannot get into old anime. I think the only pre-90's anime that I've liked has been films with high production values like Akira and Totoro, or Mobile Suit Gundam (which, while it doesn't necessarily hold up today, for the time I can see why it went on to get the reception it did).

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I also watched M.D. Geist... mistake. I don't know why but I really just cannot get into old anime. I think the only pre-90's anime that I've liked has been films with high production values like Akira and Totoro, or Mobile Suit Gundam (which, while it doesn't necessarily hold up today, for the time I can see why it went on to get the reception it did).

Ah, see that might not be so much that M.D. Geist is old as that it is absolutely terrible.

Re: Bakuman, I have not yet seen the anime but I am following the manga's US release which is up to volume 7. If the anime episode summary on Wikipedia is correct, you should be about done with volume 4 and starting volume 5, yeah.

R

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 1

Fairly typical first episode for a Gundam show, some interesting seeds sown and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

Rui said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

Ah, see that might not be so much that M.D. Geist is old as that it is absolutely terrible.

Re: Bakuman, I have not yet seen the anime but I am following the manga's US release which is up to volume 7. If the anime episode summary on Wikipedia is correct, you should be about done with volume 4 and starting volume 5, yeah.

R

Mmm, but i didn't like Vampire Hunter D either and I thought that was supposed to be a big deal.

I also watched Gundam AGE ep 1 - and surprisingly enjoyed it. As Orgun says, it provided a lot of the things you expect to see in the first ep of a new Gundam show, but also felt a bit too much like a digest version at times. Also obviously hard to take to the UE in the context of a Gundam show, but I'm sure once they are more fully explained it will sit easier.

Totally don't understand why Flit was so desperately trying to sell his grade school teacher on his UE attack theory though - he has the cooperation and respect of the military, why has he not been showing these to other researchers and engineers there?

Looking forward to meeting more characters at this stage, mainly.

ilmaestro said:
MercenaryRaiden said:

I might do! Trouble is if I was to apply that then I could do it with any trio like say...Haruka, Chihiya and Takane and that wo-

....Hmmmmmmmm. Another interesting trio...ARGH! It is going to be *really* hard to stick to one save when I start Im@s2! :D

Steins;Gate 22

Really emotional episode. It's been building up to this one and it delivered well. Both Mamoru Miyano and Asami Imai both doing wonderful jobs in conveying the emotions this episode. After the end credits was...Rather interesting. Time to see where this goes then!

Tiger and Bunny - episodes 21 - 25.

I so very enjoyed this series, was on the edge of my seat for these episodes.
Some of the plot has been easy to guess in advance, but at the end of the day it is a good story that is well told and the characters are very easy to like. I hope they dont screw it up if/when they make more.

Usagi Drop eps 10&11 - A very strong end to the series, although 9 and 10 were some way ahead of 11 (bit of a tough task, providing some closure to a series at that point). This is probably going to finish the year quite high up in my rankings. I have some more extended thoughts on the show - I badly wanted some clearer advancement of Daikichi/Yukari (or, at least, "something" from the last episode, rather than for the series to just kind of fade out), and having read how the second half of the manga goes it's almost impossible not to comment, but I'm super tired so I think I'll do that in the "out of 10" thread later on today.

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 1

Oh look, a peaceful space colony who no one things will be attacked gets attacked. Now where have I seen that before? xD

I'll be honest, I had fairly low expectations about Gundam AGE, so I ended up enjoying this quite a lot - even if it is everything I've seen before. Although I still find it hard to believe that the main character is 15, I do like the character designs - each character has a unique flavour to them.

Although living in a western country, I find it hard to see the 'kid' side with the fire and war and all that (well to be fair, so far there is no blood or anything), but when I see some of the mobile suit designs (such as the Genoace) I can't help but think they were made simple so that kids could actually a good shot at making a model kit or drawing them xD (After all, even the standard Zaku has fine details).

Back