Your viewing journal

Picked up X-men again, episode 5 was pretty good. Cyclops was being a real hardass which was pretty funny. I think this series is the best thing to happen to Cyclops since X-men Evolution.

Welcome to the NHK episodes 23 and 24

I was worried about how this was going to go, but I really enjoyed it. To very broken people saving each other. I liked its solution to deal with Hikokimori, just cut off money and food and they are forced to work and get back into society. I wonder if that would work for people on benefits...

The animation has got worse and worse over the series and the character designs have slipped a bit from how it started, its a shame when that happens, it takes you out of the story a bit.

R-15 Episode 1 & 2

It was 2am this morning, and I knew I should have been in bed, but I was too tired. I'm actually finding this show...to be a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Ga-Rei Zero 1-4

A bit like Berserk, this series starts in the "present" and sets up a tragic set of circumstances in the first two episodes before going back in time to recount the events leading to that point. Providing the characters are sympathetic, and so far that looks to be the case, it's an effective method of storytelling.

Gundam 00 movie

Well, that's that I guess. I felt a bit disappointed overall by this movie. It had some lovely action and it was great to see everyone again, but it was also sort of mildly depressing and could have used a 12 episode epilogue of its own just to explain where everyone ended up. I didn't feel this way when the TV series ended. It also suffered a lot from millions of characters popping up and getting only a few seconds of screen time each. I enjoyed it well enough, but the TV series was so much better. It was probably doomed to be depressing from the outset anyway since watching it meant I had no more 00 to look forward to ^^;

Bandai's US blu-ray seemed pretty much perfect.

Katanagatari disc 1

I love this show so much! Glad I picked it out to watch first in my latest batch. It lives up to the prettiness of its art design, and I suspect that the rest of my DVD queue will have to wait until it's finished to get a look in. Sad that I won't receive the second set until October.

R

I'm glad to hear Katanagatari's good. I really want to watch it simply for the artwork alone.

Does it have any hope for a release over here or is a import job?

vashdaman said:
Does it have any hope for a release over here or is a import job?

There's no dub so Manga definitely won't touch it. NISA don't tend to send their projects on to any UK company, but it's not impossible that Kaze or Beez might see fit to release it here one day. I wouldn't hold your breath though ^^;

The American release also comes with a lovely box and hardback guidebook.

R

Back