Your viewing journal

Dragon Ball Daima episode 1 Scheme.

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online II episode 2 Bullet line.

The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors 2nd Season episode 14 Centre.

31 Days of Halloween 2024! Day XI:
Cannibal marathon: Man From Deep River, Eaten Alive, Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox (Films)

Urusei Yatsura
episodes 68-70, 72-74, 76-77

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gō: Weekly Streaming Discussion Sub-Forum Killing Chapter, Episodes 18-24 (Complete)

vlcsnap-01310.png
Everything is going to have to go under a spoiler tag now, I imagine the same will be true of Sotsu. I can see no way to discuss or even post many images from these episodes without massive spoilers. If you have watched Gō, feel free to continue. If you have not, please don't. Go watch the show instead, I have my nitpicks below but overall I think it's pretty damn good (and that second ED is fantastic).

vlcsnap-01311.png
I will walk down to the end with you, if you will come all the way down with me

First of all thank you, writers of Gō, for having nearly everything make sense by the end, even though this story is obviously not yet complete and going to continue into Sotsu. Also in general for coming up with this beautiful, horrible concept. Endlessly repeating murder-suicide, all for love, is exactly the sort of thing I enjoy. This is my hole, it was made for me. But as someone who has now watched altogether too much Higurashi in a particularly short space of time, I do have thoughts, both positive and negative.

I get that the intention is to show that both Rika and Satoko are being quite selfish and inconsiderate towards one another, but I feel like that could have been achieved without making Rika so uncharacteristically oblivious to Satoko's feelings. The goldfish turds even point out how particularly insightful Rika is (and of course she is, she's lived for over a hundred years at this point) and yet she doesn't seem to notice how unhappy Satoko is, or why. Even when Satoko spells everything out for her clearly before committing suicide by Truck-kun (and I am glad to see she tried that, I think I would have been screaming at the screen if she hadn't) she still doesn't get it. I think this does a bit of a disservice to Rika's character as someone who is usually able to understand her friends (sometimes better than they can themselves) due to having spent a literal hundred years with them. While Rika's desire to get out of Hinamizawa and experience a new and different life is perfectly understandable after everything she's been through, it's hard to believe she wouldn't realize how unreasonable it is to say "My dream is to do this, with you," putting Satoko in a position where she can only make Rika happy by making herself miserable, because working her **** off in a stuffy private school with a bunch of stuck up ***** is clearly not Satoko's dream (I can't imagine why it would it be anyone's, different strokes I guess).

To a lesser extent the same is true of Satoko, while I feel the show has done a fair job of showing that the power trip of being able to loop has definitely gone to her head and made her act in ways she surely wouldn't otherwise, it's still difficult to imagine her ever being as willingly cruel to Rika as she has been during some of these loops. But then Rika promising Satoko things wouldn't turn out the way they did the first time, only for them to be no different (after she once again spent several years of effort trusting that things would work out) was clearly pretty devastating for her. I think I'd probably go a bit strange as well if I had to go through my school years putting in serious effort a second time, or indeed a first.

vlcsnap-01304.png
Welcome to life, daughter.

Something else I am quite enjoying is seeing how much more pragmatic Satoko is in her use of the loops than Rika. It's fair to say that unlike Rika, Satoko isn't having to worry about the power to loop waning and making every loop count (yet, I don't trust "Eua" at all, it feels like she told Satoko that Rika has to die before her in order to retain her memories just to cause the maximum amount of suffering to Rika and she forced Satoko into her first loop without giving her a choice in the matter) but I appreciate her "oh well, guess this loop's not gonna work out, time to die" attitude. Wheras Rika always considered the loops to be a game of chance where she had to work with whatever hand she was dealt, Satoko is viewing it as a game of skill she just has to find the right way to exploit and in an "ends justify the means" way, which does seem right for her.

One more thing I still don't understand and would really appreciate an answer to: The events of Episodes 18-20 must take place on the same timeline as the end of Kai where Rika finally broke out of her loop: So at what point between and the 1st of July 1983 (the last date shown in Kai) and the 8th of June 1984 (the first date shown in Episode 18 of Gō) does Hanyu disappear, why does she disappear and why does nobody mention it or even seem aware Rika had an obvious otherworldly being as a friend? Everyone was there with her during the final showdown with Takano where it was fairly obviously revealed she wasn't human (it was even shown again in part at the beginning of Episode 18, with Hanyu in attendance, meaning it hasn't just been retconned). She was living in Satoko and Rika's house. If it was to do with her power fading away (possible theory: was that to do with the return of full-power and fully sadistic "Oyashiro-sama" in the form of "Eua"?) then Rika would surely have had to explain her disappearance to everyone, not least Satoko, and I can't see any particular reason for her to conceal the truth. And if Rika had just let Satoko know everything she'd been through at that point it might have avoided this entire situation. I suppose we wouldn't have gotten a show out of that though.

Edit: Is the UK equivalent of the American term "ass" really considered vulgar enough to be censored now? Those four stars make it look like I wrote something much worse, like the other thing I replaced with stars myself.

Last edited:
It's a Wonderful Afterlife (REWATCH) - With Friend A, we both enjoyed it, I think this film is really underrated and fun :)

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury (English dubbed) - A lovely series, def one of my fave Gundams that I've seen so far, and I preferred it to 00 of the non-OVA Gundam series I have watched so far, though that one was let down slightly by it's middling English dub. But yeah this was pretty great, nice to see a yuri Gundam series as well 🥰

Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel Film II/2 - Lost Butterfly (English dubbed) - Tbh I'm not sure if the third one will be able to match or surpass this, I have so many emotions and feelings about it, it was amazing 😭 ❤️

Back