Your viewing journal

Housesitter
Easy A
The DUFF
The House Bunny
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Three to Tango

I watched all of the above (rom-)coms with my bestie while he was staying, I had not seen any of them before except for Housesitter and Four Weddings and a Funeral (two faves of mine that I picked to show my fren), and I really enjoyed all of them, Three to Tango was my favourite of the ones I hadn't seen before but I had a good time with all of these :)

El Hazard: The Alternate World: All good fun and high drama as our Japanese students are transported from the alternate world they got sent to in the first series into another alternate world (within the first one?) and have to save the day once again. The lecherous lesbians as always providing big laughs. They're nearly as crazy as Jinnai and his Bugrum Queen "lover".

Am I Actually the Strongest? Episode 10 First friend.

Horimiya: The Missing Pieces Episode 12 Family feud.

Liar Liar Episode 12 Inevitable. (Complete)

My Tiny Senpai Episode 10 Motivation.

My Unique Skill Makes Me OP even at Level 1 Episode 11 Festival.

TenPuru: No One Can Live on Loneliness Episode 11 Misunderstanding.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Episode 24 Attained.

Classroom for Heroes episode 11 Namesake.

Dark Gathering episode 11 Holding hands.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II episode 11 Identity.

One Piece episode 1076 Decisive appearance.

The Duke of Death and His Maid 2nd Season episode 23 Out in the snow.

Doctor Who: Mawdryn Undead

Doctor Who: Terminus

Gallery Fake
episodes 22-30

My Mother and I are watching Saiunkoku Monogatari (The Story of Saiunkoku) and finished episodes 6-9 this evening. The full series evidently streamed in HD on Amazon in 2022, so we are able to watch it with 1080p video and HD quality subtitles. This series is exactly what my mum likes - period palace romance. it is very much similar to Psychic Princess or Raven of the Inner Palace, both which are big favorites for the both of us. We're in it for the long haul for Saiunkoku though, it has two seasons of 39 episodes, 78 episodes in total, so we have only 69 episodes remaining! 😵‍💫

My Mother and I are watching Saiunkoku Monogatari (The Story of Saiunkoku) and finished episodes 6-9 this evening. The full series evidently streamed in HD on Amazon in 2022, so we are able to watch it with 1080p video and HD quality subtitles. This series is exactly what my mum likes - period palace romance. it is very much similar to Psychic Princess or Raven of the Inner Palace, both which are big favorites for the both of us. We're in it for the long haul for Saiunkoku though, it has two seasons of 39 episodes, 78 episodes in total, so we have only 69 episodes remaining! 😵‍💫
I have the Geneon dvd release of season 1. Shame season 2 wasn't licensed. I'm hoping Discotek save it and release it like they did with Kyo Kara Maoh.

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 23

Classroom for Heroes Episode 11

EDENS ZERO 2nd Season Episode 49

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Episode 35

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 2 Episode 23

I have the Geneon dvd release of season 1. Shame season 2 wasn't licensed. I'm hoping Discotek save it and release it like they did with Kyo Kara Maoh.

I do have that special storage box for Saiunkoku that has those paper disk slots inside that open up like a fan to store the 9 DVD discs, but I only have burned discs with fansubs for the series.

saiunkokubox1.jpg

Inside view of box with "illicit discs" stored in the slots

Last edited:
Pet Girl of Sakurasou episodes 10-18: Sorata is a patronising shouty git (as is sister and father, as we found in one episode). The worst thing for me is that he can't see past Shina's artistic talent to see the human being inside. I find myself gritting my teeth at times, just waiting for the shouting to stop. Don't think I'll be keeping this one after I finish watching.

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari 2nd Season episode 24 Look good. (Complete. A good continuation despite the final battle feeling somewhat anticlimactic. would welcome another season.) 3.5/5

Doctor Who: Enlightenment

Doctor Who: The King’s Demons

Gallery Fake
episodes 31-37 (Complete. A seinen series that was nice change of pace and another I discovered by chance on MAL.) 4/5

Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero Episode 12 (Complete. Though it wasn't one of this seasons stand out animes, but for me it was a fun romp for a Monday night watch.) 3/5

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari Season 2 Episode 24 (Complete. Despite the somewhat anticlimactic finale, this was a good continuation and a decent series overall.)  3.5/5

The Dreaming Boy is a Realist Episode 12 (Complete. A romance anime that unfortunately suffers from insufferable characters for which I'm unlikely to ever revisit again.) 1/5

The Story of Saiunkoku Eps 10-12, with my mother this evening.

I also caught up with the most current 2-3 episodes of these series on my own:

Rurouni Kenshin
The Great Cleric
Reborn as a Vending Machine
Reign of the Seven Spellblades
Am I actually the Strongest.

Kakuriyo - Bed & Breakfast For Spirits episodes 1-9: This is excellent (so far). Romance, mystery, action, food, comedy, Ninja assasins, well balanced characters. Aoi has been kidnapped to the spirit realm by an Ogre God, as her (now late) grandfather promised her in marriage to pay off a debt. But it's starting to look like this was all some part of a long term scheme, which is gradually being revealed. There is a bit of a Spirited Away vibe, mixed in with some XXXHolic.

Wow, haven't watched anything in over a month! There's a mix of reasons, but I think the biggest one is the grind of trying to keep up with shows just for delays to keep interrupting. Production problems really should be a thing of the past, but the most annoying ones are the delays because of sport. Japan is probably different, but here a show would just be moved to later in the day or to a different channel or already on the streaming service of which ever company! Anyway to lighten the load on the catch up I've cut some shows.

On Hold (till the heat death of the universe, but you never know)
Synduality Noir
Had some good stuff, but no particular plot apart from dull MC wants to be adventurer and where did his "born kawaii yesterday" android girl come from? Don't particularly care with either.

The Gene of AI
Again had some interesting ideas, but the overall plot had seemingly been forgotten.

Dropped
Liar Liar
The games were dumb and the outcome was always the same of cheating to win and dude having to come up with a lie to cover the ass pull last minute rule change.

Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence
The Pastor was so dense and the Saint too timid when it came to the romance aspect and apart from one gag the comedy was non-existent.

TenPuru
It's OK, but the art seemed off, especially having read the first volume of the manga, and seeing as I have the rest of the volumes ready to read I'm not too bothered about continuing the anime.

Right on to the catch up:
Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari s2 eps 7-9
Trap, battle and cracks.

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale s2 eps 6 & 7
Ghost and request.

The Duke of Death and His Maid s2 ep 6
Bit of a chilled episode between the major events.

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou episodes 19-24: Well, that's over. I enjoyed a lot about this series but there was also a lot I found irritating, mostly the shouty acting and the way they treated Mashiro like a painting robot.

Seitokai Yakuindomo the movie 2: Just as filthy as the previous series' and movie. What a surprise ending!

The Fruit of Grisaia episodes 1-4: I got the sequel to this in my Sentai mystery box, so I had to buy this as well. Interesting cast of characters and an intriguing story. The question is can they maintain the tension and come up with a satisfying conclusion.

Back