Your viewing journal

@Otomo for the most part, yes I’ve been enjoying Detective Conan so far - the odd meh case here and there and members of the supporting cast I’m a bit mixed on sometimes, but otherwise it’s good fun. The films have been quite solid so far as well - I’ve recently finished the third and am onto the fourth.

Last edited:
BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 15

Classroom for Heroes Episode 2

EDENS ZERO 2nd Season Episode 41

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Episode 26

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 2 Episode 14

Classroom for Heroes episode 2 Meaning.

Dark Gathering episode 2 Unashamed.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II episode 2 Out in the cold.

One Piece episode 1069 Bloodthirsty drunk.

The Duke of Death and His Maid 2nd Season episode 14 Legs.

Detective Conan episodes 157, 162-164, 166-168, 170-174, 176-178, Detective Conan Movie 04: Captured in her Eyes (Film), 188-190

Last edited:
Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead (Japanese) - Episode 2

Rent-A-Girlfriend (Season 3) (Japanese) - Episode 26

Jujutsu Kaisen (Season 2) (Japanese) - Episode 26

Horimiya: The Missing Pieces (Japanese) - Episode 2 - 3

Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon (Japanese) - Episode 2

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) (Japanese) - Episode 2

Me & Roboco ep1-3

Some of the gags are a bit eyewatering, but this is fun and doesn’t outstay it’s welcome, given the short format.

Undead Murder Farce ep1-2

I wasn’t bowled over by this one, but it looks like being a solid mystery series with some style to it. I’ll likely stick with it.

Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead ep1-2

Much as the entire world and their mother are sick of zombie stories at this point, perhaps there is still room for one more? The ‘characters take a moment to enjoy their newfound freedom’ schtick has been done often enough, but I can’t think of a film or series that uses that as the main thrust of the story, and this has been very well executed so far. Having seen this shortly after a couple of rather woman-slappy movies from the 60s, however, I would have preferred to see Ohtori survive, at least for a while - bumping her off immediately makes it seem like we’re punishing the adulteress…

The Squid Girl season 2 and OVAs: nothing new or different from the first series, Nothing changes, there's no development, Just each episode is split into three stories (so about 7 minutes each or the running time of the old Warner Brothers/ Betty Boop era cartoons). If you enjoyed the first series and the many many many sea based puns, then you'll enjoy the continuation of the silliness.

I love how they feel the need to add the "this is a work of fiction" disclaimer at the end, as if a story of a squid girl with super strong tentacles working as a waitress in a Japanese beach cafe is likely. Then again, all that dumping of radioactive waste water from Fukushima....

Undead Murder Farce ep1-2

I wasn’t bowled over by this one, but it looks like being a solid mystery series with some style to it. I’ll likely stick with it.

I've seen a bunch of episode 1-2's on the new shows and this one was definitely one of the better ones, I like it a lot but I'm also into Monogatari, these feel sort of similar with how they're pretty dialogue heavy.

Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead ep1-2

Much as the entire world and their mother are sick of zombie stories at this point, perhaps there is still room for one more?

This is also one of my highlights of the season so far. Apparently they had to drag SHAFT in to help out so I hope this means they won't fall behind on production like Nier did, the first 2 episodes of this were very good.

@Otomo for the most part, yes I’ve been enjoying Detective Conan so far - the odd meh case here and there and members of the supporting cast I’m a bit mixed on sometimes, but otherwise it’s good fun. The films have been quite solid so far as well - I’ve recently finished the third and am onto the fourth.
I have watched the first 2 films and was surprised that they held my attention.
Going from 24 minutes to 90 minutes and keeping my attention is quite a feat.

.This is also one of my highlights of the season so far. Apparently they had to drag SHAFT in to help out so I hope this means they won't fall behind on production like Nier did, the first 2 episodes of this were very good.
Not too sure on the comparison with Nier. As far as I can tell Aniplex has no involvement in the production of Zom 100. Nier was simply the victim of poor planning on Aniplex's part. Zom 100 should be fine.

Also not too unusual to see an episode outsourced to another studio. But yeah it's good to see anything from SHAFT at this point since they really don't have much going on.

Last edited:
Not too sure on the comparison with Nier. As far as I can tell Aniplex has no involvement in the production of Zom 100. Nier was simply the victim of poor planning on Aniplex's part. Zom 100 should be fine.

Also not too unusual to see an episode outsourced to another studio. But yeah it's good to see anything from SHAFT at this point since they really don't have much going on.

Yes not against A-1 specifically but the Nier adaptation was very troubled, same as isekai Ojisan in some ways (though probably different reasons).

If the episodes come out on time and look good I will remain happy, thought episode 2 carried on the story nicely so if they can keep up this level of quality I'll be glad to watch more of it.

Yes not against A-1 specifically but the Nier adaptation was very troubled, same as isekai Ojisan in some ways (though probably different reasons).
I never mentioned A-1 Pictures. I'm talking specifically about their parent company Aniplex who are infamous for poor management. Again I don't really see the connection between Zom 100 and the shows you've mentioned. They all have different committees, companies and circumstances. I doubt anything major will happen to Zom 100.

I never mentioned A-1 Pictures. I'm talking specifically about their parent company Aniplex who are infamous for poor management. Again I don't really see the connection between Zom 100 and the shows you've mentioned. They all have different committees, companies and circumstances. I doubt anything major will happen to Zom 100.

Fingers crossed! :)

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari 2nd Season episode 15 Weakened.

Detective Conan episodes 191-195, 199-200, 205-206, 212-213, 217-220

Last edited:
Cleopatra (Japanese) - Movie (Complete)

Out of the Animerama trilogy (A Thousand & One Nights and Belladonna of Sadness being the other two) this was definitely my favourite but all three films are the sort of things I wouldn't really watch again but I'm glad I watched them for historical purposes. Some fun little cameos from both Tezuka's works and others as well.

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (English Dub) Episode 13 (Complete)

Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero Episode 3

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari Season 2 Episode 15

Sweet Reincarnation Episode 4

The Dreaming Boy is a Realist Episode 3

Blue Orchestra ep 15
Twilight memories.

Dark Gathering ep 2
Dolled up.

Synduality: Noir ep 2
Wishing (If I Had A Photograph of You).
Yep, still CC subs only on Disney+. So "elsewhere" it is!
Welp, all they've done is copy the same CC subs! At least they're in sync unlike D+

Horimiya: The Missing Pieces ep 3
Sports day.

Zom 100 ep 2
Differing priorities.

Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari s2 e3
It's a trap!

Detective Conan episodes 221-224, 226-231, Detective Conan Movie 05: Countdown to Heaven (Film), 233

Last edited:

Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos - Episodes 34 - 40

Revenge of Cronos really gets into its stride in the second half and this is another strong run of episodes that starts to put the pieces in place for the series conclusion.

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 139 - 144 (Blu-ray)

Back onto Ranma 1/2 to finish the TV series. I'm glad I had the break as I've come back to it with eagerness and I'm fresh for it again. There's an easy enjoyment to Ranma 1/2 and each episode still continues to make me laugh.

Gude Crest

Simple early 90's fantasy-action OVA that does nothing particularly new or interesting but was enjoyable enough.

Synduality Noir - Episode 1

It feels like I've seen this story a lot in recent years and was ready to be indifferent to it but I liked this first episode and it actually did a lot to hook me in and I'm looking forward to the second episode.

Cyber City Oedo
Episode 3
Love the opening song.
The best stuff is short, like Pet Shop of Horrors and Hantsu X Trash.

I love Cyber City, I've owned it on VHS, DVD, Blu-ray twice and seen it at the cinema. Great story, great action, great characters and it looks awesome to boot.

Back