Your viewing journal

Trigun Stampede ep 8-10

It took a while, but I think this has finally grown on me. I was quite close to dropping it, but, despite my misgivings about the prospect of the inevitable flashback episode, these last few have actually been quite strong. I could hazard a guess at how it’s going to end, so if it sticks the landing, I think I would end up recommending the series, even if it isn’t really what I wanted from Trigun.

Buddy Daddies ep1-6

Between the silly-sounding title and the almost comical degree to which this looks like a knock-off of SpyXFamily, I was going to give it a wide berth, but now that I’ve seen it, this actually seems pretty good. It’s a shame that the action from the first couple of episodes doesn’t seem to have been back (PA Works sure do know how to stage a gunfight), but it’s kind of charming really.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 291 Staying behind.

By the Grace of the Gods 2nd Season episode 22 The final blow.

Handyman Saitou in Another World episode 10 Ice and fire.

In/Spectre Season 2 episode 22 Final push.

Ippon Again! episode 10 Boundary break.

To Your Eternity 2nd Season episode 20 Vines. (Complete. A very good second season which had a satisfying conclusion, though as a third has been confirmed, I’m curious to see what else can be done with the storyline.) 4/5

Super Dimension Century Orguss
episodes 6-24

Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs Episodes 1-12 (End). Even with the awkward title, and all the mechs in it, I started this one out of curiosity and couldn't stop, and ended up watching it all in one day. Surprisingly entertaining - And I see it is getting a second season, so that is good news.

Last edited:
By the Grace of the Gods 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 20

Handyman Saitou in Another World (English Dub) Episode 8

By the Grace of the Gods 2nd Season Episode 22

Handyman Saitou in Another World Episode 10

In/Spectre Season 2 Episode 22

Ippon Again! Episode 10

Tomo-chan Is a Girl! (English) - Episode 10

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense. (Season 2) (English) - Episode 6

Trigun Stampede (English) - Episode 8

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale ep 9
Hostility.

Revenger ep 8
Uncertainty.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro s2 e10
Squiggly.

Kaina of the Great Snow Sea ep 8
Inside the belly of the beast.

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten ep 9
Shopping date.

Vinland Saga s2 e10
Declaration.

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari episode 10 Turning red.

The Vampire Dies in No Time Season 2 episode 22 Feeling youthful.

Vinland Saga Season 2 episode 34 Growing up strong.

Super Dimension Century Orguss episodes 25-35 (Complete. An 80’s Sci-fi that kept me entertained throughout despite some initial issues I had with the leads. The ED was quite catchy as well and Discotek’s release looks very nice.) 3.5/5

Tales of Phantasia The Animation
episodes 1-2

Ruins Legend Acrobunch - Episodes 1 - 14

Over half way through and I'm feel kinda indifferent about Acrobunch, it has a great core premise but the execution is weak except for episode 12, which was a spectacularly good episode, so much so that it felt like there was a completely different creative team behind it!

Bubblegum Crisis - Episodes 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)

Watching Cyber City put in the mood for another rewatch of Bubblegum Crisis, it's sooo good.

The Tomb of Dracula

Someone put a new fansub out of this odd film and having avoided it for years thought I might give it a go. It isn't good, with some laughable character animation but possibly nowhere near as bad as I thought was going to be.

Got home from work to find Rascal does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai hiding behind the door.

I thought 'Rascal' was a really good show and had a great time with it.

Studio Ghibli Rewatch Marathon: From up on Poppy Hill (Film) Goro Miyazaki’s best work with the studio, and a very charming story that handled its drama rather well. 4/5

Studio Ghibli Rewatch Marathon: The Wind Rises (Film)
For what was originally Miyazaki’s final film, this was a great one to end on - I hadn’t clocked until now that Hideaki Anno voices Jirou. 4/5

From up on Poppy Hill is definitely Goro's strongest film and I like it a lot. I absolutely love the Wind Rises and agree it was a great note to bow out on.

Super Dimension Century Orguss episodes 1-5

I watched Orguss in the 00's and really didn't like it but I have Discotek's Blu-ray on the shelf and need to give it another go to see if my view has changed of it.

Immoral Guild Episode 1-12 (Blu-ray version) (Complete)

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari Episode 10 Beet red.

Reborn to Master the Blade: From Hero-King to Extraordinary Squire Episode 10 Egotistical emissary.

Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 34 Strong upbringing.

Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skills episode 10 Full of fizz.

Tales of Phantasia The Animation episodes 3-4 (Complete. A short but sweet fantasy series based on a SNES RPG that was let down by its ending feeling a bit lacking, ) 3/5

Tales of Symphonia The Animation
episodes 1-6

Adventurer's Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World (English Dub) Episode 8

The Eminence in Shadow (English Dub) Episode 12

Adventurer's Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World Episode 11

Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skills Episode 10

The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague Episode 11

Trigun Stampede episode 10.
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon IV Part 2 episode 21.
Spy Classroom episodes 5-6.
Tomo-chan Is a Girl! episode 1-2.

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense Season 2 Episode 20

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady Episode 11

Tomo-chan is a Girl! Episode 11

Next title picked out from my pile was:
World Conquest Zvezda Plot episodes 1-13

A rather crazy storyline with multiple time jumps (quite hard to keep up when it jumps forward by a month). The subtitles were quite hard to read due to the font (Kaze release for you).

BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, So I’ll Max Out My Defence Season 2 episode 20 Drive.

Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season episode 48 Pursued.

Kana of the Great Snow Sea episode 10 Attack.

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady episode 11 Fractured.

Tomo-Chan Is a Girl! episode 11 Present and play.

Tsurune -The Linking Shot- episode 24 Rhythm of one.

Tales of Symphonia The Animation episodes 7-11 (Complete. An enjoyable series that benefitted from the longer episodes, which better fleshed out the likeable cast and their conflicts.) 3.5/5

Back