Your viewing journal

Samurai 7 Episodes 6 - 17

Still really enjoying my rewatch of this. Fell off with watching it a little this past week due to some pretty crappy events happening in my life lately but it is a very solid show. The evolution of the characters throughout is really good and its paced really well. The setting and designs are very cool too. Going to have to add this to the Blu collection in the near future I reckon.

Just a heads up: I think on one of the US blu-ray releases of that show the audio on one track is not properly synced, would be worth checking which release has this issue before buying to make sure you don't get that one.

NG Knight Lamune & 40 - Episodes 30 - 38 [Final]

Simple and formulaic but it regularly made me laugh and I had a good time watching it and there were a handful of really good episodes in there as well. Very much part of that group of kids mecha/action/adventure shows that came out in the late 80s to early 90s such as Spirit Hero Wataru, Ninja Cats and Ryu Knight.

No Guns Life - Episodes 16 - 20

I really want to like NGL but it just doesn't seem to get me gripped like I think it should do.

Non Non Biyori Vacation
Brought to you by Visit Okinawa! The girls spend a relaxing time in Okinawa with some funny moments and even a bit of a moving sub plot.
8/10
download.jpeg

Re:ZERO s2 e10
That's about 6 episodes now dedicated to one or two small tidbits of information, meanwhile the actual plot has gone nowhere!

Gibiate ep 9
Fallen comrades.

DECA-DENCE ep 10
Decide for yourself.

No Guns Life s2 e10
Choices.

Balance: UNLIMITED ep 9
Spin around.

Anohana
Stunning, heartfelt, tragic, wonderful. Very well written with a good mix of characters. Tears were shed.

How Heavy Are The Dumbells You Lift?
Hilarious. I enjoyed this so much. Laughed loads and just had a great time watching. One of the better comedies I watched in a while.

No Guns Life 2nd Season episode 22 Carry that weight.

The Millionaire Detective - Balance: UNLIMITED episode 9 Unorthodox tracking methods.

Magic Knight Rayearth episodes 25-36

My Love Story!! had a faulty second disc so I'm back on my rewatch of Utena on BD, I think I'm on about episode 21 or 22. Great show! I can't wait to finish MLS!! tho it's so funny and cute I love Takeo and Rinko and Suna it's just a very enjoyable series, also I'm watching it with a 50-something guy who's a friend of mine and he loves it too he finds Takeo's expressions and voice hilarious (like in a nice way not in a mean way) XD

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! (English Dub)Episode 1

A Certain Scientific Railgun T Episode 23 Mind over matter.

Fire Force Season 2 Episode 35 Seeking the truth.

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Fifth Plate Episode 11 Harmony of 5 in 1.

Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl Episode 6 - 9

Rent-A-Girlfriend Episode 10 Reconciliation date.

Super HxEros Episode 10 Excursion.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Episode 10 Matchmaking.

A Certain Scientific Railgun T episode 23 United front.

APPARE-RANMAN! episode 11 Tears and tricks.

Fire Force Season 2 episode 35 Suspicious activity.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! episode 10 Tottori trip shenanigans.

Magic Knight Rayearth episodes 37-49 (Complete. An engaging fantasy series that whilst initially a bit formulaic in the first cour grew into a more involved storyline with a likeable trio as the main heroines and a solid supporting cast too, some of which evolve from more antagonistic roles early on which was a nice touch.) 4/5

Magic Knight Rayearth OVA
episodes 1-3 (Complete. A different standalone take on the story with a darker feel overall. I didn’t find it as enjoyable nor as engaging as the series but AL including it with the Part 2 release was appreciated for completionism’s sake.) 2.5/5

Started showing ACCA 13 to the next-door neighbor couple Thursday night, we just had time to finish up episodes 1-3. We did our viewing inside in my basement theater room this time around though, because it was too ungodly humid outside that evening, so not good for our usual deck viewing. We'll probably watch more of the series over the weekend, and definitely while drinking heavily, lol. Just put a new keg of Oktoberfest beer on tap in the keg fridge, and I'll be firing up the big popcorn machine as well, so we're all ready to party it up this weekend!

And... we did get together Saturday evening, drank and played some games first, and then got 3 more episodes of ACCA 13 in before calling it a night at 1:30 am, lol... 🥳

Last edited:
Wednesday:
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 10

Today:
Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Part 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 10

AnimeEp.Notes
Great Pretender5 / 23Netflix
Only 1-14 are available
Japan Sinks 202010 / 10Netflix
Finished
The Misfit of Demon King Academy4 / 13Crunchyroll
On-going Simulcast
Monster Girl Doctor6 / 12Crunchyroll
On-going Simulcast
Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time4 / 12Crunchyroll
1 week delay for Great Philosopher's Version
Rent-A-Girlfriend6 / 12Crunchyroll
On-going Simulcast
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 Part 110 / 13Crunchyroll
On-going Simulcast
Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Part 210 / 11Crunchyroll
On-going Simulcast
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!4 / 12Funimation
On-going Simulcast

Sound Euphonium S1-I kept putting this off because it's not what I usually watch but now that I'm watching it? Actually it's really good and even though I never participated in any music activities when I was in high school I can really relate to it.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy (English Dub) Episode 2

Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl Episode 10 - 12 + OVA (Complete)

Lapis Re:Lights Episode 11 Divulging and going back.

Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time (Uncensored) Episode 10 Challenged.

Sword Art Online Alicization –War of Underworld– Episode 22 Alice in the real world Wonderland.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy Episode 11 No mercy.

Back