Your viewing journal

Diamond of Ace ep 27
Black Clover ep 103
Flying Witch ep 11-12 [END]

Got quite enjoyable to watch on the later half, would watch more if they do it. 6/10

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World
ep 26 [END]

I like these kind of shows, and while I have mixed feelings it was fun to watch. 5/10

Gabriel DropOut
ep 10-12 [END]

My opinion on this gets worse when I think of Demon Girl Next Door, but it's ok. 5/10

Kiss Him, Not Me!
ep 9
After the Rain ep 9-12 [END]

Was hoping for a more conclusive ending for this one, good stuff tho 6/10

Last edited:
Cop Craft ep 12 (complete)
Case closed.
An interesting buddy cop show. I liked the banter between our 2 MCs and there was some interesting cases, but the animation suffered quite a bit at points and the pacing of the story was awkward with arcs finishing halfway through episodes. The art was pretty good though, especially the character designs.
7/10

Kochoki
eps 10-12
Family troubles settled and the start of the rest of the story.
Fairly interesting story covering the early years of Nobunaga Oda. Seemed to be a mix of fact and fiction and at points a little confusing, so I had to keep checking Wikipedia for the facts. Also ended right before the end of his first major battle which seemed an odd place to end, reading Wikipedia it sounds like the final moments would have been really cool to show.
The art and animation were average. Most of the characters were fairly bland Bishounen types.
6/10

Lord El-Melloi II
ep 13 (complete)
The aftermath of the previous events.
Fairly entertaining detective show, but a lot of the explanations of the "howdunit" were from the Fate-verse lore so a little confusing as I've only seen Zero (which I'm glad I watched to at least get the motivations of the MC). I preferred the first half with a mystery per show rather than the titular Rail Zeppelin part which seemed a bit too strung out and was it me or did ep 13 skip a bit from the end of 12? I liked a few of the characters like the Lord (Waver) himself and his "sister", but Grey was my favourite, although I don't think we got an explanation about her (she seemed to have the power of a Servant and was constantly at the Lord's side, but also a student?)
Art was very similar to Zero, but maybe the animation lacked something being a different studio.
6/10

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Japanese audio) - Episode 26 (Completed)

And with the exception of Arifureta, that's pretty much my Summer 2019 season backlog sorted. I managed to get through them in the end heh. Here are the results:

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 26 episodes length [8/10]
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 25 episodes length [8/10]
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 26 episodes length [7/10]

Summer 2019 Season - 13 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 13 episodes length [5/10]
Astra Lost in Space - 12 episodes length [9/10]
Cannon Busters - 12 episodes length [6/10]
Cop Craft - 12 episodes length [7/10]
Demon Lord, Retry! - 12 episodes length [5/10]
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 12 episodes length [7/10]
Given - 11 episodes length [8/10]
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 12 episodes length [6/10]
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 12 episodes length [8/10]
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 12 episodes length [7/10]
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 12 episodes length [8/10]
Isekai Cheat Magician - 12 episodes length [4/10]
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 12 episodes length [6/10]

On-Going Simulcasts from Summer 2019 Season - 2 titles:
Dr. STONE - 13 of 24 up-to-date [8/10 so far]
VINLAND SAGA - 12 of 24 up-to-date [8/10 so far]​

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 27 Glowing.

Bananya and the Curious Bunch episode 1 I’m impressed this is getting a second season, it’s short and sweet viewing.

Black Clover episode 103 “I’m not dead, I feel fine!”

Tales of Terror (Film) I’ll be detailing this months films in the dedicated thread.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (English Dub) Episode 10

Cop Craft (English Dub) Episode 10

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 325

Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she’s a cutie? (English Dub) Episode 11

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World Episode 26 (Complete)
All's well that ends well... well sort of. (A series that I didn't have much expectations about and to my surprise this show tuned out to be pretty decent. With its two-way story concept and dramatic sci-fi elements, this was a rather interesting weekly watch.) 3.5/5

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World episode 26 (complete)
Okay, didn't like the ending. The show itself was all over the place which sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. It really wanted to be Steins;Gate which also sometimes worked (sometimes). The comedy elements usually revolved around the MC making some really inappropriate comment to whatever girl he was talking to which felt so out of place from the rest of the conversation it sort of jerked you out of the scene and was just annoying a bit.
There was quite a few genres thrown in and it could be a fun watch but I think it was let down by the ending. 6/10

My Hero Academia season 2 and MHA: Two Heros (rewatch)

Finished my prep before watching season 3. I've loved this show more on the rewatch tbh. The emotions are so earnest and even though they are often in peril there is a hopefulness permeating throughout.

Highlights include the Midoria vs Todoroki festival battle, the Stain battle and the crazy epicness and scale of the final battle in the movie

Taking a brief break from new simulcasts to focus on the on-disc backlog.

Armed Girl's Machiavellism (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-3
Assassination Classroom Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-3
Claymore (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-3
Snow White with the Red Hair Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-3

The plan is to watch at least 3 episodes for each series per day to avoid burning myself out as I did back in August 2018. Figured I'll tackle different genres for a different pace; a shoujo series, a shonen series, a classic dark fantasy series, and an ecchi series.

Movies:
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I - Initiation
Fireworks
A Letter to Momo
Love Live! The School Idol Movie
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Napping Princess
The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
No Game No Life Zero

Princess Arete

TV Series:
Armed Girl's Machiavellism - 12 episodes & 1 OVA length
Assassination Classroom Season 2 - 25 episodes length
The Asterisk War Season 1 - 12 episodes length
The Asterisk War Season 2 - 12 episodes length
Chivalry of a Failed Knight - 12 episodes length
Claymore - 26 episodes length
Daimidaler: Prince vs Penguin Empire - 12 episodes length
Drifters - 12 episodes length
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - 24 episodes length
GATE Season 2 - 12 episodes length
Ghost in the Shell ARISE - 4 episodes length
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 26 episodes length
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 26 episodes length
Gundam Reconguista in G - 26 episodes length
Higurashi: When They Cry - 26 episodes length
Higurashi: When They Cry Kai - 24 episodes length
Higurashi: When They Cry Rei - 5 episodes length
Hyouka - 22 episodes & 1 OVA length
In Another World With My Smartphone - 12 episodes length
Kiznaiver - 12 episodes length
Lord Marksman and Vanadis - 13 episodes length
Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 1 - 13 episodes length
Maoyu - 12 episodes length
Nisekoi: False Love Season 2 - 12 episodes length
Ouran High School Host Club - 26 episodes length
Princess Principal - 12 episodes length
SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist - 12 episodes length
Snow White with the Red Hair Season 1 - 12 episodes length
Snow White with the Red Hair Season 2 - 12 episodes length
Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side - 12 episodes length
The Testament of Sister New Devil - 12 episodes & 1 OVA length
The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST - 10 episodes & 1 OVA length
Valvrave the Liberator Season 1 - 12 episodes length
Valvrave the Liberator Season 2 - 12 episodes length

After School Dice Club episode 1 Could be a fun weekly watch.

Ahiru no Sora episode 1 This feels a bit familiar in places but I’m willing to give it a few episodes to get going.

Ascendance of a Bookworm episode 1 Seems like an interesting story so far.

Radiant 2nd Season episode 1 I Hope this season can improve upon the filler-filled first one.

The Haunted Palace (Film)

Long Riders!
episodes 1-3

Last edited:
Ascendance of a Bookworm ep 1
Someone reeeeeeeally likes their books!

ORESUKI ep 1
High school harem with a twist. So far funnier than Hensuki.

After School Dice Club ep 1
Learning to have fun.

Pretty decent start to the Fall season I'd say.

Doomed Megalopolis (1991) OVA 4 [End]

Kind of a disappointing conclusion. It feels like the story hit a natural end point in episode three; despite introducing another potential apocalypse, this one really just serves to tie up the loose ends. I was inclined to write the whole thing off as a cynical cash-in after the huge success of the 1988 live-action version, although director Rintaro is quoted as saying he did try to create his own vision of the novels separate of the feature film, but felt he hadn't succeeded, so I do feel for him a bit there.

Symphogear G Specials 1-2

Symphogear GX Specials 1-4
Chibi shorts included with the BD release. Pretty fun stuff and plenty of the good HibiMiku content. 8/10

Also started a horror a day challenge in the lead up to Halloween. Might as well cover it here.

Army of Darkness
The splatstick comedy continues as Ash battles the deadite scourge in a medieval land. 8/10
  1. Evil Dead II - 8/10
  2. Army of Darkness - 8/10

Ahiru no Sora ep 1
Oresuki ep 1

While I did watch quite a few more ep 1 today.. I'm just watching these 2 to the end. And great couple series they are, TOP.

Demon Lord, Retry! (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Isekai Cheat Magician (English Dub) Episode 1

Ascendance of a Bookworm Episode 1
A true bookworm at heart. This seems really interesting, it'll be intriguing to see where this goes.

After School Dice Club Episode 1
This looks like a comfy weekly outing.

Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious Episode 1
Well, this is just awful. It's pretty obvious which series this is taking a plagiarizing jab at, and thats a big NO NO imo. Hopefully that changes a

Kemono Michi: Rise Up Episode 1
Pretty decent stuff so far.

ORESUKI: Are you the only one who loves me? Episode 1
Playing the devilish cupid role. This first episode though... YIKES!

Radiant Season 2 Episode 1
Intriguing stuff. Hopefully this isn't won't to be another filler-packed season.

The Helpful Fox Senko-san Episode 9-12 (JP Blu-ray version) (Complete)
Episodes 1-11 have no changes on BD. Episode 12 gets an extended runtime.

Ascendance of a Bookworm episode 1
This was a bit boring but I like the concept at least so three episode rule for this one and see if it picks up.

Ahiru no Sora episode 1
This was very meh and the story looks really predictable like we can see how its gonna end already which isn't necessarily a bad thing but three episode rule on this one too.

Oresuki episode 1
This started out as a really generic harem series but sort of went really funny towards the second half. If someone starts it and thinks the same then stick the episode out - its worth it.

Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou (English Dub) Episode 11

Azur Lane Episode 1
Well this certainly didn't waste any time at getting straight into the fighting.

High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World Episode 1
So far so good. Seems like an interesting show.

Back