Your viewing journal

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (Complete) 9/10

I really enjoyed this series, it was nice to see a mature relationship without the tropes that drag romance anime down. The Characters were engaging but it wasn't perfect.

It's actually rated higher than Haruhi on MAL which seems to have made some Haruhi fans salty, which is great as Bunny Girl is a million times better. Looking forward to the film now.

Season 1 of Haruhi and disappearance are vastly superior and let’s not use MAL as a metric as a new show will always be more popular than a 12 year old one. If in 2030 Bunny girl is higher than haruhi I will care then.
And 66K users to 300K.... yeah let’s compare not

I don't see any appeal in Haruhi. Haruhi herself is and awful character with no redeeming qualities. People give it more credit as it's Kyoani. The film was good only because there was less of her in it

People give bunny girl more credit. It had average animation and a delayed episode and people say it is fine. kyoani lifted Haruhi but if anyone adapted it would be better than bunny girl

Kyon is the main appeal of the series for me, he’s a great character imo. I too really dislike Haruhi, especially the whole filming incident where she almost got punched after drugging Mikiru in order to film an erotic scene.

As for comparing to Bunny Senpai I’m not sure if I can compare the two, simply because I’d need to rewatch them first.

As for comparing to Bunny Senpai I’m not sure if I can compare the two, simply because I’d need to rewatch them first.
Yeah, especially as I watched Haruhi in English and BGS in Japanese. And I also watched Haruhi in the reorganised order with s2. I have given both 8 though.

let’s not use MAL
It's a good tool, but not the be all and end all.

a new show will always be more popular than a 12 year old one
Gintama from the same season as Haruhi s1 is higher than both! A 30 year old show is sitting at no. 6 in the Top Anime Chart.

And 66K users to 300K
A 12 year old, popular, show will always have more people rating it 😜 Bunny-Girl Senpai only finished yesterday! Only 40k have it as complete so 26k who have rated it have it as Watching and are yet to finish it which will move it up or down and another 100 odd k are also down as Watching and again will move it up or down when they rate it.

Again I say all this not defending or praising either.

The Ryuo's Work is Never Done! ep 9-12 [END]

It does some interesting things and Ginko falls into the fun tsundere territory (most don't), it's kinda meh for like half the time. It screams average. 5/10

Merc StoriA: The Apathetic Boy and the Girl who lives in a Bottle episode 12 Sad it’s over (Complete. I’d have happily had another cour or two of this. It wasn’t spectacular but I enjoyed each week a fair bit.) 3.5/5

Hanasaku Iroha episodes 7-13

BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO Episode 26 (Complete) - Honestly one of my favourites from this year. It's just absolute nonsensical fun featuring the characters from the BanG Dream franchise. It really doesn't take itself too seriously and the main theme is just boppin'. 9/10

Merc Storia: The Apathetic Boy and the Girl in a Bottle Episode 12 (Complete)
A happy conclusion all round. This may not have been the best, but it was an enjoyable weekly outing. 3/5

Ro-Kyu-Bu! Episode 1-12 + OVA (Complete)

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Episode 3—6 (Uncensored)

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs OVA 3 (Uncensored)

Golden Kamyu episode 4
I decided to make a start on this since I want to go to Hokkaido next. Good so far.

High Score Girl (complete)
I really liked this but I honestly think that it'll appeal to people more my age who used to frequent the arcades in the mid 90's and get all excited and nostalgic when they see the games. I watched the sub anyway, but when I checked out the dub I noticed the dialogue was very different. That's not uncommon but it felt like it missed something from the original. On the other hand it really annoyed me that when the MC talks about his PC Engine the subtitles at the bottom translated it as the FamiCom-16 as it was marketed in America. They did the same thing with the PC Engine GT translating it as the FamiCom Express. Sort of pissed me off a bit that.
Without spoilers, the ending wasn't quite a cliffhanger as such but did leave things up in the air for a sequel. Netflix are releasing the three OVAs in March after the last volume of the JP blu ray so that's not too long a wait at least.

High Score Girl (complete)
On the other hand it really annoyed me that when the MC talks about his PC Engine the subtitles at the bottom translated it as the FamiCom-16 as it was marketed in America. They did the same thing with the PC Engine GT translating it as the FamiCom Express. Sort of pissed me off a bit that.

Wasn't it the TurboGrafx in the US? The 16 and Express designations do sound like they're alluding to the US version though.

Wasn't it the TurboGrafx in the US? The 16 and Express designations do sound like they're alluding to the US version though.
My mistake, yes it was the TurboGrafx-16. That was me writing it out wrong. The FamiCom was the Japanese name for the NES, and the subtitles also made that change for the NES and SNES.

A Certain Magical Index III episode 13 A tubeway encounter and preparing for a big fight.

IRODUKU: The World in Colours episode 13 A fittingly poignant end with equally great visuals. (Complete. A visually stunning and intriguing tale of time travel and magic that manages to balance a nice atmosphere with drama in a way that never felt melodramatic. I enjoyed it a lot.) 4/5

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind episode 13 Some more JoJo goodness whilst waking up feeling so horny.

When Marnie was There (Film) One of the more mature Ghibli titles, and one that deals with coping with death, adoption, abuse and forgiveness. I was impressed with how the film managed to blend a calm atmosphere with the intriguing plot that unravelled as the film came to its conclusion. This is another example of how I prefer the Ghibli entries that deal with more mature themes and are less immediately geared for a younger audience. 4/5

Last edited:
Back