Your viewing journal

The Death Note effect...

I started watching the Death Note anime this morning. And I was so engrossed in it I actually got to work late for a meeting.

(Worth it though...) :wink:

M.G xx

RahXephon Vol.5 – I thought this was finally getting to the stage of giving me some answers after the seemingly perpetual suspense of sci-fi mystery that runs through this – I may have forgotten what the original questions were :?.
This could well turn out to be a series to benefit from second viewing.

Some interesting developments with a tumultuous ending episode in this volume – I think I’m still left with just as many questions.

Boogiepop Phantom - Finished the third and fourth episode just a second ago, and I'm gonna try and finish the series today, if it all possible :?

Nyu said:
Just watched KiKi's Delivery Service, Seriously good film. Up there with Disney classics easily.

I love the dubbed version, especially the cats voice, brilliant.

About to watch Porco Russo, one of my fave Ghibli movies

McIcy said:
Nyu said:
Just watched KiKi's Delivery Service, Seriously good film. Up there with Disney classics easily.

I love the dubbed version, especially the cats voice, brilliant.

About to watch Porco Russo, one of my fave Ghibli movies

This, along with Tenchi and Cowboy Bebop are my favourite dubs. I think they got them all spot on.

GiGi's voice was great, im sure ive heard it before but i cant remember where. The whole sarcasm thing is down to a T.

Today I watched Cardcaptor Sakura vol 10, Busou Renkin ep 23 and Reideen ep 1. I need to go watch the 1st remake Chouja Reideen ('96) and hope some one subs the original Yuusha Reideen ('75) now. The new Reideen has alot more "bling" :lol:

Just watched Love Hina Spring Special. God damnit! if there was any one series i wish got a better send off it would have been this one :( only Love Hina Again to go, shall see how that wraps this up.

Nyu said:
GiGi's voice was great, im sure ive heard it before but i cant remember where.
Phil Pullman, Lionel Hutts from Simpsons. =X

I've been watching some random Sasuke Retrival arc episodes, <3 Seishun Kyousokyouko.

At the moment, I'm just keeping up to date with Naruto Shippuuden. I should finish NANA though, it was really great.

Just watched the last episode of Tenchi Universe, What a bummer :( This one had a proper ending sort of but still i want more! :lol:

What i liked about Tenchi Universe, good characters and various stories if somewhat a tiny bit predictable. The addition of Kiyone was nice but would i take her over Mihoshi in the OAV's? that would be too tough.

What i didn't like? Compared to the OAV's the humour wasn't as good and i feel the character development was lacking. Throughout the 26 episodes none of the characters really progressed as far as i would've hoped.

All in all a good series which no doubt i'll be watching again when im bored. Makes me want them to stop buggering around and give the OAV's some good frigging justice and end it the way it was supposed to end. Also getting Patrea back to do Ryoko, don't care what her reasons are it just wouldnt be the same.

Lets see Kiba up to about episode 18-19, while fun am definitely suffering from Battle Royal syndrome (refuse to get attached to anyone except main characters as they gonna die). Code Geass up to 20 now and thinking it will be a 50 episode show rather that 26, not enough of smeg has hit the ventilation system, not enough questions answered, not enough of the correct questions asked. Masterful phsycological tactics by Zero, but also kinda cool to see Shirley with out the whole infatuation with Lulu, the girl seemed to have a bit more backbone than i thought. Likewise Yuffie seems to be growing some stones.
GitS 2nd Gig 1st dvd... just feels like set up for stuff to come later, while it ins't bad it just has failed to grab me. Pumpkin Scissors up to 22 while the plot is getting going, the episodes are beginning to drag without much anything actually happening.

Back