Your viewing journal

I tried to watch March Comes in like a Lion, but the comical elements in that one caused me to drop it by the third episode. I just can't handle comedy or chibi in anime at all, it is extremely irritating to me. Even with Ancient Magus Bride, I totally disliked the multiple chibi scenes in every episode, but at least they were very brief and fairly mild, without a bunch of screaming or yelling. And yes, I have watched some of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, but have not finished it yet.

I didn't find the chibi bits any worse than Magus Bride or Fullmetal Alchemist myself. Then again, I barely noticed them in all 3 series since they're so insignificant.

I'm surprised how much you like Your Name given how much comedy it has. You're very picky!

I love dialogue heavy stuff after all monogatari is my fav anime but Violet Evergarden was so episodic imo that half of it felt useless. I think I liked about 4 eps after all.

I must be one of the few people who thought the standalone episodes were the best part of that series.

Heh, for me Violet Evergarden is one of the most fantastic anime ever made. Give me slow-paced, dialog-heavy, character-centric anime dramas any day. Ancient Magus' Bride was just as awesome. So great to have two tremendous and gorgeously animated drama anime out at much the same time. I've watched Violet at least 10 times through already, and Magus Bride at least 30 times through, between me showing them to my friends or re-watching them via anime Reactor videos on Youtube. I actually just finished showing episodes 6-13 of Violet Evergarden once again to a neighbor girl last night, and she totally loved it, too. My oldest daughter just got home from college for the summer, and we'll be watching VE together sometime in the coming week, right after we finish the second Season of Magus Bride. Fortunately, she's a strict subber like me, so at least this time I won't have to slog through the English dub of VE for a guest, which painfully offers up barely half of the dramatical impact of the Japanese presentation.
Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind a bit of slow moving character focused stuff but I also have to feel invested in it, to be honest for the most part I simply found violet pretty well, boring so that seemed to have made certain parts feel like they dragged on. Different story if I would have felt invested in her.

I must be one of the few people who thought the standalone episodes were the best part of that series.

I totally agree - and those standalone episodes were not filler episodes whatsoever; they were all very important to the story, especially for the character development of Violet.

And yes, I am very picky when it comes to anime... :)

I love most what KyoAni produce for me violet's problem is I didnt like her like KyoAni do best with a large cast focusing on her limited it and the final scene annoyed me

oh boy, it's been a while, I'll put down what I remember from stuff
franxx 17&18
tokyo ghoul:RE 7 - this one wasn't full of flashbacks as I thought it would be, but there is plenty here for those who know the characters
steins gate 0 6
caught the first 2 of the disastrous life of saiki the end of the second episode makes him sound more powerful than most protagonists, I wonder if there's a cross section of fans with OPM?
magical girl site 6 - I didn't want this to become what the hell is wrong with this girl:the anime but it became what the hell is wrong with this girl: the anime
"sit down ***** I am literally Freiza!" - Ryusei Nakao, literally Freiza, 2018

ezgif-5-4963b0fc2a.gif
wotakoi 6 - I can't understand why Narumi is upset, it's not like I can rela -
oh god... sasha! SASHA WHY!? no one has ever felt this much pain!
cap'n.exe has stopped working. cap'n.exe has stopped wanting to live

Last edited by a moderator:
Uma Masume: Pretty Derby ep 9
Trainer-san tries to help Suzaka get over her mental issues and in turn help Spe-chan from being distracted.
Quite a moving scene at the end too!

Caligula ep 7
Seemed to ignore the events at the end of the last episode at first. Then there was a bit of a confusing dream sequence about the meaning of happiness and that was it. Seemingly things are going to kick off again next week.

Kurau Phantom Memory eps 6-8
Ep 6-7 Trouble catches up with the girls and they have to move on again.
Ep 8 Quite a harrowing subplot in this episode. I can see why you would hate Christmas if that happened to your family.

Doreiku The Animation (Dub) Episode 4

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Sub) Episode 19

Cutie Honey Universe (Sub) Episode 7

Gegege no Kitarou 2018 (Sub) Episode 8

The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments (Sub) Episode 18

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (Sub) Episode 9

Food Wars! The Third Plate 2nd Cour episode 19 The Sorina development just keeps on chugging along.

Uma Musume! Pretty Derby episode 9 Trainer-San steps up to the plate, and Spe Week and Suzuka sort their sh*t out. That ending was also well done.

Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise (Film) This was an interesting Sci-Fi anime that dealt with the pressures of being pioneers and specifically with the MC trying to find meaning to his life and actions.

The visuals here were great, as was the score from Ryuichi Sakamoto, but it's a shame the characters weren't that engaging. For example, the relationship between the lead and his potential love interest dealt with darker themes, but only briefly. This is just another instance where a film could have used a longer running time or an anime series to flesh aspects out.

The ending however was profound and stunning, definitely worth watching just for that. Overall a decent film, and one that's been in my backlog for years now. 3.5/5

Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc OVA 1

Trying to decide on which series to watch through, so a night of first episodes last night to help me decide:

Kimagure Orange Road
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Lupin III Part 1
Maison Ikkoku
Urusei Yatsura

I'll be watching them all over the coming months, but I think I'm going to start with Legend of the Galactic Heroes :)

DARLING in the FRANXX eps 15–17
Getting back up to date with my favourite current show. Things are starting to hit the fan now! :eek:

Steins;Gate0 eps 1–3
Still waiting to really get on board with this.

Back