Your Taste in >>Music<<

Sami said:
I really loved the J-Rock band Dir en Grey for a while, now I can't stand listening to more than half the stuff (I still like the track ' OBSCURE' xD)"
Whoa, you listen to Dir en Grey? so do I. But I still love them. XP

I mainly listen to Technical and Brutal Death Metal, Grindcore and Doom.

In terms of technicality and musicianship Tech-Death blows the competition out of the water, no other genre comes close. Bands such as Anata, Necrophagist, and Spawn of Possession have raised the bar for guitarists all over the world, seriously some of this stuff just has to be heard to be believed.

I'm also partial to a bit of ambient, post-black metal, a la Agalloch and Aeternus. Basically anything fast, loud and a little bit different.

Paranoia Agent said:
I mainly listen to Technical and Brutal Death Metal, Grindcore and Doom.

In terms of technicality and musicianship Tech-Death blows the competition out of the water, no other genre comes close. Bands such as Anata, Necrophagist, and Spawn of Possession have raised the bar for guitarists all over the world, seriously some of this stuff just has to be heard to be believed.

I'm also partial to a bit of ambient, post-black metal, a la Agalloch and Aeternus. Basically anything fast, loud and a little bit different.

....... i'm a little bit scared

Rukario said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
Chaz said:
Any kind of rock is good with me, as long as it's not all screams...
Linkin Park
Seriously... the guy in Linkin Park does hardly anything BUT scream. The shouts his way from song to song.
Ever heard of a band called SlipKnot or Cannibal Corpse? I'm sure you'd find them more appealing with screams.

To WTFDaveMustaine: In a way he does... He does sing through 80% of each song, but the type of 'screams' he does I don't mind.

To Rukario: No... Freaking... way!! Slipknot is the ultimate scream-pit. They don't appeal to me at all, as from what I heard from them... There IS NO SINGING! DX 100% Demonic shouting.

Chaz said:
To Rukario: No... Freaking... way!! Slipknot is the ultimate scream-pit. They don't appeal to me at all, as from what I heard from them... There IS NO SINGING! DX 100% Demonic shouting.

Not that I'm a hardcore Slipknot fan, but you should listen to Circle of Vermillion Part 2. You may be surprised. Plus there are plenty melodic choruses, especially in their latest album.

Yes, Vermillion pt.2 is the only song by them that I can think of which is pure singing and no screaming at all, a very rare change.

Guyver 0 said:
....... i'm a little bit scared

Funny, that's exactly how I was going to reply to your 'Forward Russia' post.

Believe it or not, there are other styles and genres of music outside of what you read about in NME or see on Popworld. There's more to music than trendy indie bands with funny hair cuts and the Top 40.

Xelis said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
Rukario said:
Ever heard of a band called SlipKnot or Cannibal Corpse? I'm sure you'd find them more appealing with screams.
Please clarify what you mean...

He means, the lyrics may as well not exist in their songs because you cant hear them, slipknot is just a loud noise. RAWR!!!!

Actually, I think he means the lyrics of your average Cannibal Corpse song are so explicit that you're better off not being able to understand what he's singing, lest you be scarred for life.

Paranoia Agent said:
Actually, I think he means the lyrics of your average Cannibal Corpse song are so explicit that you're better off not being able to understand what he's singing, lest you be scarred for life.
I have several songs on my PC, I can relate, for example let's take a name of one of their songs Necropedophile. that title rattles my cage enough, never to listen to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paranoia Agent said:
Funny, that's exactly how I was going to reply to your 'Forward Russia' post.Believe it or not, there are other styles and genres of music outside of what you read about in NME or see on Popworld.

I'm offended! i do know that but i happen to really like em and i don't read NME that much just the odd issue here and there. Here's the list of my fav bands.

Arctic Monkeys,
Amusement Parks On Fire,
Aphex Twin,
Babyshambles,
Battle,
Be Your Own Pet,
Bloc Party,
Boy Kill Boy,
Jeff Buckley,
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah,
The Cribs,
Daft Punk,
Dangerdoom,
Deftones,
Dirty Pretty Things,
Dizzee Rascal,
Dresden Dolls,
Editors,
Fall Out Boy,
Franz Ferdinand,
The Flys,
Foo Fighters,
Forward Russia,
Fun Lovin' Criminals,
Funeral For a Friend,
Giant Drag,
The Go! Team,
Good Shoes,
Handsome Boy Modelling School,
Head Automatica,
House of Pain,
Incubus,
Infesticons,
Interpol,
Jay-Z,
Jimi Hendrix,
Johyn Coltrane,
Johnny Cash,
Joy Division,
Kayne West,
Klaxons,
Lethal Bizzle,
The Long Blondes,
Madlib,
Madvillian,
Manic Street Preachers,
The Mars Volta,
Massive Attack,
Matisyahu,
Melissa Auf Der Maur,
Millionaire,
MF Doom,
Muse,
The National,
Nirvana,
Pixies,
PJ Harvey,
Placebo,
Plan B,
Polysics,
Quasimoto,
Queens of the Stone Age,
The Raconteurs,
Radiohead,
Rage Against The Machine,
Reuben,
Roots Manuva,
Saul Williams,
The Smiths,
Sonic Youth,
The Strokes,
Sway,
System Of A Down,
Test Icicles,
Thelonious Monk,
Tom Vek,
We Are Scientists,
William Shatner,
Wolfmother,
Wu-Tang Clan,
Yeah Yeah Yeahs,
The Young Knives,

I don't like very much nowaday's stuff. I'm all into old music from the 50's to the 80's as well as most Jazz (Crusaders, Deodato) and some soft rock. I prefer melodic songs and hate most techno, dancey/trancey-type stuff. Rap and R'n'B - no thankyou.

YAY FOR ODD MUSIC TASTE!

Guyver 0 said:
Arctic Monkeys,
Amusement Parks On Fire,
Aphex Twin,
Babyshambles,
Battle,
Be Your Own Pet,
Bloc Party,
Boy Kill Boy,
Jeff Buckley,
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah,
The Cribs,
Daft Punk,
Dangerdoom,
Deftones,
Dirty Pretty Things,
Dizzee Rascal,
Dresden Dolls,
Editors,
Fall Out Boy,
Franz Ferdinand,
The Flys,
Foo Fighters,
Forward Russia,
Fun Lovin' Criminals,
Funeral For a Friend,
Giant Drag,
The Go! Team,
Good Shoes,
Handsome Boy Modelling School,
Head Automatica,
House of Pain,
Incubus,
Infesticons,
Interpol,
Jay-Z,
Jimi Hendrix,
Johyn Coltrane,
Johnny Cash,
Joy Division,
Kayne West,
Klaxons,
Lethal Bizzle,
The Long Blondes,
Madlib,
Madvillian,
Manic Street Preachers,
The Mars Volta,
Massive Attack,
Matisyahu,
Melissa Auf Der Maur,
Millionaire,
MF Doom,
Muse,
The National,
Nirvana,
Pixies,
PJ Harvey,
Placebo,
Plan B,
Polysics,
Quasimoto,
Queens of the Stone Age,
The Raconteurs,
Radiohead,
Rage Against The Machine,
Reuben,
Roots Manuva,
Saul Williams,
The Smiths,
Sonic Youth,
The Strokes,
Sway,
System Of A Down,
Test Icicles,
Thelonious Monk,
Tom Vek,
We Are Scientists,
William Shatner,
Wolfmother,
Wu-Tang Clan,
Yeah Yeah Yeahs,
The Young Knives,
My god thats a long list! lol >.>
I like alot of J-pop/Rock but I also like bands like Frou-Frou,GooGooDolls, The Benjamin Gate ect. But I shall never forgive Roanen Keating (How ever you spell his name)
For re-covering Iris!

XxNeko-FeixX said:
I like alot of J-pop/Rock but I also like bands like Frou-Frou,GooGooDolls, The Benjamin Gate ect. But I shall never forgive Roanen Keating (How ever you spell his name)
For re-covering Iris!
The Goo Goo Dolls are an amazing band and Ronan Keating killed one of my favourite songs, he better not go anywhere near Green Days Time of Your Life.

Also you might like Switchfoot which is a similar kind of band to The Goo Goo Dolls.

Rukario said:
Isn't Switchfoot christian rock?
That would be correct, but I dont really care about the christian bit even though im atheist, I just love their music. Their lyrics dont contain stuff about jesus etc, its more thoughtful lyrics than christian.

Xelis said:
XxNeko-FeixX said:
For re-covering Iris!
The Goo Goo Dolls are an amazing band and Ronan Keating killed one of my favourite songs, he better not go anywhere near Green Days Time of Your Life.

Also you might like Switchfoot which is a similar kind of band to The Goo Goo Dolls.

Hai, Iris is one of there best songs along with Bullet proof.
Hai I haven't heard much of there stuff but I do like Switchfoot-This is your life ^^
Rukario said:
Isn't Switchfoot christian rock?
The Benjamin gate is too, though I find it doesn't really affect the music or how I see it ^^

Back