your favourite character in both FMA (2003) and FMA (2009)

Animefreak17

Godhand
iv seen both fullmetal alchemist series and enjoyed them both very much but which characters are your favourite from both series.

i know *some* characters in each series are different from there counterparts but still which is your favourite.

i like

the 2003 roy mustang
the 2009 envy
the 2003 al
the 2009 king bradley
both edward 2003 & 2009
both greeds 2003 & 2009

these are a few examples of mine

I prefer the Elric brothers in Brotherhood due to the development they received, but I prefer Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist. Hohenheim sucks in Fullmetal Alchemist but I like him in Brotherhood.

Saying that though; Hawkeye is still my favourite character in both.

Haven't seen all of Brotherhood yet but it's got to be Armstrong, too funny.
Mustang is pretty badass too.

There are so many good characters in all incarnations of FMA, but I'd have to choose Izumi Curtis in both and Olivier Armstrong in Brotherhood. Toughest, most no-nonsense women FTW every time. Riza is cool too, but compared to those two she's still a bit soft.

And I can't really go without mentioning Kimblee. He struck me as less of a sadist and more of a nihilist in Brotherhood, which I preferred. My inner nihilist loves Kimblee, and they're never far away.

I liked Scar in the original series. He was a badarse! His kills were also allot more violent in the original. I liked him in brotherhood, but the thought that he looked allot older put me off slightly.

My favorite in brotherhood is Father. He was so mysterious and powerful and at the beginning of the series, i was so eager to find out more about him and his goal. I preferd his 2nd form though He looked so out of place but was so powerful.

I like more of characters in brotherhood than original series.

Oliver Armstrong: She is a hard woman but she is trust to her army and create a strongest army in briggs.
Alex Armstrong: He is a funny man. He is obsessing with his body lol
Maes Hughes (2003 and Brotherhood): He is awesome dude. He love his family. Maes is help to Roy Mustang a lot.
Roy Mustang (Brotherhood): He is too awesome in brotherhood. I like his character because he want owe to Maes Hughes and want find to who kill to Maes Hughes. I can't remember what happened to Roy in 2003. He is not search who kill to Hughes. I not sure he did murder to Winry parents in war ?
Ed and Al (Brotherhood): I prefer them in brotherhood because they did character development in brotherhood more than original series. I feel they is too much depressed in original series. i can't believe Al is not fight to anyone in original series. I am glad i see Al is involved a awesome battle with Kimblee and Pride in Brotherhood. I believe Al is very good alchemist but he not show it.

Other favourite character is: Wrath (King Bradley) and Ling/Greed.

sanji no 1 said:
animefreak17 said:
is it me or do the Chimeras in brotherhood kinda remind me of zoinoids from guyver

They do actually lol. I think they could possibly beat the zoinoids aswell.

i dont think so, Chimeras are animals mixed with humans or other animals. zoinoids are mans second evolution * if messed with *.

i was thinking you know how the original was half made or 1/3 made ( telling it from the manga) well what if brotherhood was 2/3 covering the middle of it and they made a 3rd FMA which would be 3/3.

basically
original 1/3 shows the first half with different ending
brotherhood 2/3 the middle with different ending
other 3/3 the ending the ending

Inevitably ayase beat me to the correct answer (not so much Kimblee, for me), although I would add Riza and her relationship with Roy, and also Lin Yao.

Roy Mustang deserves extra points for episode 53 of Brotherhood. For ONCE a character isn't giving the villain a chance to talk. Burning their eyes? Awesome. Burning their tongue? Awesome. Not giving them a second to even regain their footing? That's what it should be like when you want to truly kill someone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back