Your anime viewing journal

Future GPX Cyber Formula - Episodes 28 - 37 [Final]

This run of episodes to the end of the series were really good and what had left the endearing memory of why I liked this show a lot decades ago. Yes, it's formulaic and predictable but I happily got wrapped up in what was happening in the story and to the characters and while it is clearly TV quality animation there are a lot of nice animation flourishes throughout the series, especially as the cars go into their boost mode. Future GPX has held up remarkably well after all these years and I think its almost, but not quite, cult status is well deserved. I'm quite surprised Discotek has never rescued the license, I'd really like a Blu-ray set of the TV series and OVAs in my collection.

Future GPX Cyber Formula Double One - Episodes 1 & 2

The first of the OVA sequels, more of the same storywise so far but most noticable is the shift in the fidelity of the artwork and animation which now sports that lovely early 90's Sunrise OVA animation look and quality.
 
Last edited:
The Apothecary Diaries Season 3 episode 49 Enterprise.

The Elusive Samurai 2nd Season episode 12 High. (Complete. A decent enough season but the final episode was rather inconclusive.) 3.5/5

TOUGEN ANKI: Nikko Kegon Falls Arc
episode 1 Carry.

The Daughter of 20 Faces episodes 5-11
 
Realised it's been 2 months since I last watched the shows I was watching!

Food for the Soul eps 8-12 (complete)
Harvesting, festival, trip home, Christmas and memories at New Years.
Pretty standard CGDCT show about cooking except as a PA Works original the characters are older than the usual High Schoolers in these types of show.
Art and animation are your standard PA Works quality.
7/10

Once Upon a Witch's Death
(dub) ep 6
Reflection.

A Ninja and an Assassin Under One Roof eps 7 and 8
Social media and possessed.

Apocalypse Hotel ep 9
Joint celebration.

Kaiju No. 8 s2 (dub) eps 7 and 8
Stress test and one on one training.

ZatsuTabi eps 9 and 10
North and South, and clarifying trip.
 
Ascendance of a Bookworm: Adopted Daughter of an Archduke episode 24 Saving grave. (Complete. This was a very good continuation overall, and it’s good to know there’s a sequel coming in the future.) 4/5

Black Clover Season 2
episode 171 Idea.

Detective Conan episode 1215 Meaning.

Even the Student Council Has its Holes! episode 1 Assembly.

Ranma 1/2 (2024) Season 3 episode 25 Challenger.

Sgt. Frog (2026) episode 1 Small time.

The Daughter of 20 Faces episodes 12-19
 
A Tale of the Secret Saint Episode 1-2

A Wild Last Boss Appeared! Season 2 Episode 14

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War (English Dub) Episode 46

Even the Student Council Has Its Holes! Episode 1
 
From Overshadowed to Overpowered: Second Reincarnation of a Talentless Sage

Episodes 1-5
1st episode starts a bit meh but stayed for MC's mother's fanservice then the amusing big lug sent to test him, then vengeful violence.
Now we're at school.
 
Magical Explorer Episode 1-2

Ranma ½ (2024) Season 3 Episode 25

Romelia War Chronicle Episode 1

Magic Repo Man: Dumped by My Party, I’ll Cash In With a Cute Support Fairy to Become the Strongest! Episode 1

Vertex Force Episode 1
 
Friday:
Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night -
Episodes 1-3

Saturday:
Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night -
Episodes 4-7

Today:
Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night -
Episodes 8-12
 
You and I are Polar Opposites 2nd Season episode 13 Photo. (Complete. A decent second season though I admittedly found the other would-be couples more engaging to follow than Tani and Suzuki this time around.) 3.5/5

The Daughter of 20 Faces
episodes 20-22 (Complete. An overlooked mystery-themed anime to slot in amongst my 31 Days marathon.) 3.5/5
 
As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World Season 3 Episode 2 Call to battle.

Even Though I'm a Super Timid Noble Girl, I Accepted the Bet From My Cunning Fiancé Episode 1 Bet.

I'm Dating a Dark Summoner Episode 1 Depraved.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation III (English Dub) Episode 61

My Girlfriend's Friend Episode 1 Seductress.

Overgeared Episode 2 Smithing.

Reborn as a Space Mercenary: I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship! Episode 1 Rogue and ruffians.

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Love You Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 36 (Complete)


You and I Are Polar Opposites Season 2 Episode 25 Picture. (Complete. An enjoyable second season overall though my only gripe about this would be the lack of development between the other would-be couples.) 3.5/5
 
Urusei Yatsura (1981) ep12-13

Steel Ball Run ep3

Welp, I certainly didn’t expect the show to get into auto-erotic asphyxiation by episode 3, but here we are.

On the strength of the first three episodes, I must say that I haven’t been bowled over by Steel Ball Run (no pun intended), but I suppose even with Stardust Crusaders, it took a while for the show to really hit its stride. After next week’s, I may change to watching the show bi-weekly though; I’m not interested in binging it, but I think it might work better in double-episode chunks.
 
Hell Mode S2
Episodes 1-5

I enjoyed the first series and was right into this one. The dungeons do get a bit repetitive but it looks like the plot is moving.
I love his bear summons. They've animated the pupils nasally than normal which I think gives them a goofy look. Makes it fun when they're tearing a monster to pieces.
 
Apocalypse Hotel eps 10-12 (complete)
Mystery, day off and slight return.
This started out a bit boring, but also at the same time too wacky when it injected some comedy/action, but the last 4/5 episodes really picked up. That recency bias of those watching weekly is probably why it scored so highly, but binging (sort of) gives a different impression.
Art and animation were very good.
The last few episodes nearly upped the score, but not quite enough!
7/10

Once Upon a Witch's Death
(dub) eps 7-9
Conference, devil magic and tree spirit.
 
Back
Top