Yaoi and Yuri

Aren't we touchy, seriously try it, I didn't like it, mainly cause i couldn't get into the story and I had a lot of series to watch so it got shelved for (IMHO) better series, but you try it out for yourself

I've read a bit of both, and it's better than some of the stuff I have read. No, I don't skim around for stand alone pictures. =/

Pomtry

Loveless has shonen-ai undertones (there are boys kissing in it, but thats all. I mentioned this in another thread) I wouldn't go as far as calling it Yaoi though (as there are no sex scenes.)

Loveless is a cross between shojo/ and Boys Love. But it has a cracking good storyline. If the idea of two guys kissing doesn't bug you - it's still worth checking out. I think you will be surprised by it.

As far as the anime goes, it can't really compete against the manga, I'm afraid. Read the manga instead of watching the anime. It's much more darker, there are some really sinister characters in there.

M.G xx

I enjoy some yuri, but there is a difference between relationships and mindless sex y'know?

I just fnished Strawberry Panic, a complete yuri-fest, with some of the most envolving scenes I've ever witnessed. I can't even remember a nipple.

Seriously, guys...

I'll read any type of pairing as long as the story is good and the two people involved cute and of a certain age, even when it comes to more explicit content. Most of the pairings I follow are het as that makes up the majority of anime and manga, but I have a fair few shounen-ai and shoujo-ai ships.

There is a lot of yaoi, yuri and het hentai out there that is tasteful and beautifully done. I do tend to look more for yaoi and yuri when it comes to hentai, though, as it's primarily aimed towards females (yes, the majority of shoujo-ai and yuri is for a female audience), whereas het stuff tends to be more male orientated, so not really to my tastes (I'm a typical girl who likes her pr0n to be romantic).

As M.G. said, Loveless has all forms of pairing. But it's certainly not yuri or yaoi as any form of intimacy in it is pretty mild and yuri/yaoi is 16+, mostly 18+ material. There's a big difference between BL/GL/shounen-ai/shoujo-ai and yuri/yaoi.

I love reading both myself, most of the storylines between the two characters are much more enthralling then that of the storyline between straight coupled characters.

Lupus Inu,

Give it a go! The neko concept in Loveless is actually rather interesting. When I first read it, I was like... 'Why do all these people have cat ears?'... but it's actually a very clever device in the story. I can't tell more without giving it away.

Pomtry,

Glad to hear you're liking it so far. :)

M.G xx

I've only just started to read Yaoi and Yuri based manga, though I've watched plenty =x
I've read alot of Shonen-Ai and Shojo-Ai based manga though and have loved it!

McIcy said:
I like Yuri manga, Michelle aka Manga Minx got me into it by sending me some Shake Sweet (originally called Strawberry Shake I believe) and I was hooked, love the story and the characters.
Hmm, sounds familiar :lol: .
SS is great fun, a really energetic series.

The whole shoujo-ai/yuri definition thing is slightly convoluted, so I'll get around it by saying I only tend to read those series' which focus on the relationships (what I'd call shoujo-ai, e.g. Mari~Mite), rather than outright sexual stuff (what I'd call yuri, e.g. Maka-Maka).

W.r.t. Loveless, I watched the first two episodes of the anime and it seemed kinda lame, so I didn't bother with it past that. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that the manga is better though.

I Used to be a Yaoi hater so I know how you yaoi/yuri haters feel.

Im aYaoi fan myself so Im glad its entered the uk.
I dislike Yuri though. its not my thing...

Back