Yaoi and Yuri

I finished watching Basilisk, one of the greatest fighting animes ever, it must be said haha! The ending didn't particularly satisfy me but it was unexpected... I'm not sure why, but I felt it should have ended differently. Maybe it was because there was a quite dramatic change of character in one of my favourite characters.
Anyway, I strongly recommend this series to anyone - even if you're not that into ninja art anime (it is on the higher end mind you - brilliant animation and amazingly creative characters with awesome techniques) because I believe it has something for everyone. Truly a great anime.

Yuri isn't really to my taste, but Yaoi is great, a good deal of the manga i own is Yaoi.
I can understand why some people would have a problem with it, though i don't think i thought anything about it at all before i got into it. For a long time though i didn't like the idea of Yaoi fanfiction, but even this has slowly become something i quite enjoy.
Yaoi has alot of one of my favourite things...bishounen, no female characters that i might end up hating, and the same kind of romance i enjoy in Shoujo manga often with the added plot twist that the main characters don't even expect to like someone of the same sex

Has anybody bought any Yaoi manga in any bookstores???? even if you just ordered it (not online).

Not Shounen Ai either XD

I'm curious. In normal bookstores like Waterstones or WHSmith. Yaoi is avalable online but not in the shelves in the actual shops.

I only ordered a dvd when it wsnt in the shop. I was at the shop one time and i paid for it and I had to return to the shop a few days later with the resiept to get the dvd. That was in WHSmith BTW.

So what does everyone think about yaoi/yuri fanfiction or fanart concerning animes that arnt that genre? Such as Naruto/Sasuke in Naruto for example.A lot of people hate that people do it,just wondering your thoughts.

People who do that just have creepy minds. Do they watch naruto and think oh I wonder what naruto would look like having sex with sasuke.

When ever I go on deviantart and type in gaara all you see are pictures of him groping rock lee :shock:

Its just plain wrong

I got gravitation vol 1 from forbidden planet.........i read half way and put in a open fire...........thats what i think of it..........PITTSBURGH STEELERS RULE.

Masaka_Naraku said:
Has anybody bought any Yaoi manga in any bookstores???? even if you just ordered it (not online).
Yeah, i've only seen some once or twice. The only thing i've bought is two volumes of Love Mode, i've seen other things in the 'blu' label, but they never stays around long. I don't think i've seen anything other than 'blu' label yaoi manga.

As i said before, i quite like yaoi fanfiction. In the beginning i have to say i really didn't, the thought of a pairing like NarutoxSasuke would really creep me out. But somewhere along the way i've really started to quite like it. It's not something i at all think about when i'm watching a series, contrary to what Pomtry thinks ;). But the fan art that people draw can be really attractive sometimes, and in the case of Naruto, personally i much prefer the thought of a NarutoxSasuke pairing to a NarutoxSakura or a SasukexSakura pairing, but thats mostly because i really don't like Sakura

Charter_Mage said:
Masaka_Naraku said:
Yeah, i've only seen some once or twice. The only thing i've bought is two volumes of Love Mode, i've seen other things in the 'blu' label, but they never stays around long. I don't think i've seen anything other than 'blu' label yaoi manga.

As i said before, i quite like yaoi fanfiction. In the beginning i have to say i really didn't, the thought of a pairing like NarutoxSasuke would really creep me out. But somewhere along the way i've really started to quite like it. It's not something i at all think about when i'm watching a series, contrary to what Pomtry thinks ;). But the fan art that people draw can be really attractive sometimes, and in the case of Naruto, personally i much prefer the thought of a NarutoxSasuke pairing to a NarutoxSakura or a SasukexSakura pairing, but thats mostly because i really don't like Sakura

Its nice to hear a response such as yours as i quite like yaoi/shonen-ai fanfiction also.I must admit im not a sasuke/naruto fan (just used it as an example) but there are numerous pairings i follow.In Naruto im an Iruka/Kakashi fan personally.

I understand why such fan made pairings (more so ones that have no hint of canon) anger people i suppose,but it really isn't that big of deal.Ive been aware of it for years and years.I think my first introduction to it was by accidently stumbling across some Tai/Matt from Digimon lol

But yes,i agree with what you say about not thinking of it or actually looking for it when watching a series.

Back