Xbox 360

Mightysor

Kiznaiver
I was thinking about buying an xbox 360 and it seems a bit expensive but I want to hook up to the internet and play against my mates and the xbox just looks so cool and I just wanted to know is it worth getting it?

What a stupid question of course its worth buying.

The online gameing is great. You can meet many new people while playing them.

I thinck Ive talked to about 23 americans 14 british people And about 2 mexicans up two now.

But if you are planning to play online make sure you have a good internet connection.

Yeah get one but if your worried about price them remember theres more to pay after the price of the console because i did really think about it and heres how it worked out for me:

Xbox 360 premium = 270
extra controller and PGR3 = 30
Gears of War = 25
vga cable = 20
quick charge battery and charger = 15
xbox live gold subscription = 35
2100 xbox live points = 15

total = £410

i thought i'd be paying about £300 but you might not need all that stuff and you might be able to get a better deal.

Xbox console £180
20g harddrive £80 Can get for £40 off ebay
wired Controller £25 around £15 - £20 on ebay
Memory card £25 £10 off ebay
Ghost recon £23
Gears of war £40
Headset £15
1 month xbox live subscription £14

Total = £402

Pretty good price if I do say so my self but i bought most of this stuff a while ago so the prices now are cheaper.

McIcy said:
Be a man get a PS3, sorry i am biased and Microsoft are Satans Drugs Dealers

i dont think it is 'manly' to get a console that is:
- 4 months late
- reports on the net say we have to pay nearley double what the japanese pays (£425 = WTFBBQ)
- the fact that the 'Emotion Engine' has been removed, means 'limited' backwards compatability.
- many exclusive titles have been moved over to the 360, and is showing more visual promise than on the original intended ps3 console. (*COUGH* DMC4, Armoured core 4, Virtua fighter 5....*COUGH*)
- Games have been pushed back in the very last minute, and will miss the launch day release. (mostly Ubi-soft games Elder Scrolls IV, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, Rainbow Six Vegas)

i highly doubt this is the time to even consider getting a ps3.....when the price lowers to more realistic numbers, then i think you are a man to get one.

and with all the gaming news recently, i have never been more tempted to get a 360 than a ps3.

Gears of War is more than enough of a reason to go out and buy a xbox 360. I'm sat here doing Coursework in for tomorrow, but it still managed to steal 2 hours of my life on xbox live.
"owwww! I'm the zone"-Cole train

pomtry said:

I thinck Ive talked to about 23 americans 14 british people And about 2 mexicans up two now.

But if you are planning to play online make sure you have a good internet connection.

Prick.

Mightysor said:
pomtry said:

:shock: Weener :p

But yes the xbox is something you should buy

pomtry said:
Mightysor said:
pomtry said:

Yes a Weener is what you have.

Mightysor said:
pomtry said:
Mightysor said:
pomtry said:

Yes a Weener is what you have.

I think wiener* would suit the context more. :roll:

The 360 is fantastic, really.

Crappy design (mine died 9 months in, after contant errors...as have many), but when the thing works, it's better than sliced bread, electric razors and schoolgirls put together.

Well...maybe not the last one. But it's still great.

Mine's not broken yet but then it is under a month old, i have heard of people on their 7th!! 360, for some reson Microsoft just send them crappy broken ones back.

Microsoft should've developed the technology further to reach some sort of perfection instead of just throwing it on the market for a console wars head start. >_>

I've had my xbox since release, 18 1/2 months ago and it hasn't broken yet. It has ocansionally crashed and the other day I had a day full of gears of war graphically bugs (but it stoped, don't know why). I know 3 people that have had problems though, two were hardware failures and 1 was a overheating (on his 3rd box, same problem twice).

Back