Xam'd: Lost Memories: WOW!

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2mtlZxglCM0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2mtlZxglCM0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

New Bones anime (from their Eureka 7 staff). In a word, it looks AWESOME. More info:

ANN said:
At its E3 2008 press conference on Tuesday, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) has announced that Funimation will be providing anime titles for the tonight's launch of the PlayStation Store's video download service for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) and PSP consoles. Users can download videos onto the PS3 via the PlayStation Network, and then watch the videos on the PS3 directly or transfer the videos onto the PSP portable console. Standard definition (SD) and high definition (HD) television episodes will cost US$1.99, while movies will cost US$2.99 to US$5.99 for renting or up to US$14.99 for purchases.

SCEA's corporate parent Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. (SCEI) has also announced that Xam'd: Lost Memories (Bōnen no Xamdou, pictured at right), the new anime from the BONES studio (Fullmetal Alchemist, Eureka Seven) that has yet to premiere in Japan, will be part of the store's "original exclusive content." Sony Music and SCEI are collaborating with BONES on the anime's production, which will be presented on the store in SD and HD. The story follows a boy named Akiyuki who is heading to school with two friends when an explosion occurs. In the mysterious light from the explosion, Akiyuki transforms into a creature called Xam'd. Xam'd goes on a rampage which is only stopped when a red-haired foreign girl appears.

The following BONES series is available for renting in standard definition at US$2.99 and in high definition at US$3.99 for the first episode: Xam'd: Lost Memories

So, basically, episode 1 of Xam'd: Lost Memories is already out. May be I'm missing something obvious here, but can anyone tell me whether or not this is exclusive to North America? I've heard the HD file is 1.5GB and it's hard-subbed.

The trailer was up on the US PSN store last night, but not on the EU one (looks great in 1080p). There was a lot less trailers on the EU store I guess with E3 being a US focused show, we might find out more at the Leipzig Show next month.

Or we'll have to wait till the download service is launched here in Autumn (or ask an American friend nicely)

Also Funimation are one of the partners contributing to the movies available: http://www.ecommercetimes.com/rsstory/63817.html

It looks as if it's a sequel to Eureka Seven.

I meen all the Mechs look like Nivarsh Mk. 3s

Not that I wouln't mind that, I love Eureka Seven to death, i'm just making an observation.

I've just started reading about this, it seems to be an awesome idea releasing it on PS3 in HD.

I'll just link to what I said on ANN because I don't want to type it all again:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/php ... 085#603085

Just a shame I don't have a PS3, oh and another thought - if the PS3 content is exclusive to PS3, i.e you can't transfer it to PC, then this is going to help the sharing problem... in some way, I guess. Of course fansubs will still exist.

EDIT: Ok I gave in and watched the trailer... As usual, Bones never fail to provide AWESOMENESS, the animation is just getting ridiculously amazing!!!

I still need to watch eureka seven, everyone seems to love that... From bones, I cna remember scrapped princess and FMA. Both very good.

i agree it does look sexy.

forget the America fact, shame it's for Sony Fanboys only :(

btw what they failed to mention, is that the rent only lasts for 24 hours too

I admit it does look rather nice. However, I'd rather wait until I hear some opinions first before even considering watching it. Hopefully Bones can redeem themselves after producing the rather lackluster Soul Eater.

Ryo Chan said:

I always knew the immature hatred of Sony was very much here on AUKN, but this comment really is a whole new low. I'd say I was surprised, but it's Ryo Chan, so I'm really not.

Just watched the 1st episode on a well know internet streaming site named after sushi. Looks good, steam punk world, and while everyone will liken it to Eureka 7 there seems to be strong similarities with Nausica and Ghibi character designs.

CitizenGeek said:
Ryo Chan said:

I always knew the immature hatred of Sony was very much here on AUKN, but this comment really is a whole new low. I'd say I was surprised, but it's Ryo Chan, so I'm really not.
It's more the astroboy debacle than anything else.

Another interesting fact. According to an AV watch article on this, Xam'd was the most downloaded thing out of everything that was offered on the launch of the US PSN store. That includes all the movies and tv shows that were also available.

I say anime aint dead what with the likes of this and rising attendence numbers every year (including this year) at cons and expos. Its not as if a load of people came along for the ride over the past 5 years then went away (well some of them went away but were still left with more anime fans than 6 years ago)..........Its just ADV sucking at realeasing anything that people wanted over the past 2 years.

Its funny how despite the fact thousands have allready watched deathnote and harurhi via fansubs thses 2 titles have still sold a lot and made a profit for there respective companys. (unlike ADV titles such as jinki extended and innocent venus that sucked in most peoples eyes)

I also very much doubt haruhi and deathnote would have sold if fansubs did not exsist......cuz well know one would have heard of them over here.

Back