Wow HD Discussion Thread

Well they've now gotten on my bad side as I just tried to do that Kantai Collection preorder, and they're refusing to place the order citing issues with the address information I've provided which is THE SAME AS THE TWO PREVIOUS PREORDERS and I'm now about to completely abandon any involvement with this company and cancelling both my current preorders with them.

Well they've now gotten on my bad side as I just tried to do that Kantai Collection preorder, and they're refusing to place the order citing issues with the address information I've provided which is THE SAME AS THE TWO PREVIOUS PREORDERS and I'm now about to completely abandon any involvement with this company and cancelling both my current preorders with them.

That seems a bit extreme, could you just not use a different address or e-mail them to find out what the issue is?

That seems a bit extreme, could you just not use a different address or e-mail them to find out what the issue is?
I shouldn't have to change my address to one that isn't mine because of their issues, and if they don't then they won't be getting any of my custom any further (although I suspect that my bank has already earmarked the amounts and deducted them from my account, so I will have to head down to the local branch to find out if that is the reason).

ah seems a waste to me, I've had issues with Zavvi before and managed to sort them and still use them. If it saves me money then its worth it but its your choice at the end of the day.

ah seems a waste to me, I've had issues with Zavvi before and managed to sort them and still use them. If it saves me money then its worth it but its your choice at the end of the day.
Well I did a bit more digging (and having walked down to my local branch of the bank I use), and I found that contrary to their not charging for preorders until they are shipped they actually authorise the transaction when the order is placed which in the case of the bank I use will automatically remove that money from the account regardless and hold it until payment is requested, so instead of having a card had been declined message they just use some generic garbage message that nobody would understand and most likely go into rage mode like I did if they didn't know how certain banks deal with transactions that have only been authorised and not fully processed.

For a pre-auth, it should be released around 5 working days after you place the pre-order.
Which is how I was able to preorder GATE as the previous authorisation for school live had been reversed (the pending transaction for GATE was the only one listed) and the held money put back into the account.

I've done a short video on this and what WOWHD needs to do to improve their site so that it doesn't mislead (since the section in their support area relating to preorders doesn't match up with what is shown in the payment section) and that they provide accurate error information when a order fails to go through instead of giving some stupid error that doesn't even relate to why the order didn't go through.

Is there usually a delay on any tracking info? I had OPM posted a week ago and still no data attached to the supposed DHL tracking number.

Is there usually a delay on any tracking info? I had OPM posted a week ago and still no data attached to the supposed DHL tracking number.
I've found that tracking does not work as it ends up being redistributed from within the UK using Royal Mail. I find that it normally arrives in 8-12 days.

Thanks, I imagined that's the case, just find it perplexing that they should bother at all providing tracking info that will never work.

I've personally never had any issues with them and I've placed around 5 orders with them over the past year. I always use Paypal to order with them so if anything does go wrong I can just file a claim. It's really up to the individual but they offer solid prices and I'll continue using them for all my imports since they're better for me than most alternatives I.e Amazon.com (everything I've ever ordered from them has arrived damaged)

Never had a problem with WOWHD, shipment is usually around 8 days and its much cheaper that Up1, Rightstuff and Amazon most of the time. Well worth trying imo, my advice is order something on the cheaper end of the scale as a test.

Going to be using them quite a bit this year

I've never had any issues with any of the group's "stores" Everything comes from the same Kentucky based warehouse whether it's WowHD, Deepdiscount, Importcd, Allyourmusic etc

Never had a problem with WOWHD, shipment is usually around 8 days and its much cheaper that Up1, Rightstuff and Amazon most of the time. Well worth trying imo, my advice is order something on the cheaper end of the scale as a test.

Going to be using them quite a bit this year
Same, with Jojo, the Ranma 1/2 ova/movie set and other non anime releases they have me by the wallet for the foreseeable future.

Also remember people don't generally go to external websites to leave reviews unless it was horrific, or the best experience of their lives. If it was just the service you expected you don't normally leave a review.

If this back order is for the school live LE, then it's been delayed until late August and WOWHD probably hasn't updated their data (which has me fearing for my pre-order as they cancel orders if they can't get stock).

Back