Worst anime ending

sanji no 1

Vampire Ninja
To me its rare for a anime to have a good ending. Most of them are pretty bad. Some REALLY bad.
My worst anime ending was Elfen Lied.
The ending was SOOOOOOO terrible! Was that her at the door? it might of been but they should of fully said if it were her. Some people might not be sure if it was her. I watched the series last december and i finished watching it on christmas eve. And i was so pissed about the ending i was pissed off for 2 days. Christmas and boxing day. Great and unforgettable series though.
So whats the worst anime ending you have seen?

Pumpkin Scissors bugged me a lot. I love the series, but it ends right as things start to get really interesting. Plus the final story arc stretches out way too far. I hope they continue it but it seems doubtful, I'm reading the manga as a remedy currently

that ending of everyone must die reminds of gilgamesh and eva...... in them everyone loses! well not everyone dies in chrono crusade dies just 3 of the main characters. but what a heart breaking ending!

His and Her Circumstances

I've said this before in the most wanted continuations post.

The last 2 1/2 episodes completely ignored the main story with Arima getting over his dark childhood past. Not only that:

More unnecessary recaps in the second half of ep 24 from 3 perspectives.

A filler episode on ep 25.

And a new storyline with Tonami and Tsubaki on the last episode.

I knew Gainax were low on money (AGAIN!!) and that they had just caught up with the manga at the time, but they could have at least tried to bring closure to the main story rather than starting with a new one with minor characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
sanji no 1 said:
To me its rare for a anime to have a good ending. Most of them are pretty bad. Some REALLY bad.
My worst anime ending was Elfen Lied.
The ending was SOOOOOOO terrible! Was that her at the door? it might of been but they should of fully said if it were her. Some people might not be sure if it was her. I watched the series last december and i finished watching it on christmas eve. And i was so pissed about the ending i was pissed off for 2 days. Christmas and boxing day. Great and unforgettable series though.
So whats the worst anime ending you have seen?

It was only part of the series, after all the manga continues on much for another 6 odd volumes after the anime finished.

Worst ending, don't know really, i could complain about a few, but i don't know what i'd deem the worst =/ i wasn't fond of how haruhi ended, but thats only because i'm a fan of the novels, and i didn't like the order of the broadcast.

[Topic] Neon Genesis Evangelion [/Topic]
Also
Mahoromatic season 2- where they butchered the some what upbeat manga ending into a wrist slitter
Twelve Kingdoms - well it kinda lack one.

Solid State Society

The ending of the first Ghost in the Shell was iconic and the best the can come up with is "she gets a new body and goes back to work"

Seriously? Thats what ive been waiting all these years for?

Also, yeah Evangelion. Even End of Eva felt forced and confined.

Solid State has nothing to do with the feature films. It's part of Stand Alone Complex which is a retelling of Ghost in the Shell. Manga may have promoted Solid State as Ghost in the Shell 3 but it's totally seperate. Very misleading.

Innocence is the sequel to the first movie and Solid State is a continuation from the end of Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig.

I have to agree on the eva front. I love the series but the ending had some serious flaws - i showed it a friend of mine and she's refused to ever watch it again, im trying to bring her around into watching rebuild but she's been burned pretty bad. :D

Aside from that.....i might say Cardcaptor Sakura i just always hated Syaoran, they never should have got together!

devilrules666 said:
but eva's ending is a load of ****!

Do you mean the TV ending or end of eva?

I finally know what's going on in the TV ending but that was only after 2-3 reviews, and the end of eva i'm sure was just anno saying "screw you" to whoever didn't like the main ending.

devilrules666 said:
At first I was unsure about it but now I think the TV series ending is nothing short of brilliant. From the perspective of somebody in a different country I can say it was an impressively honest and emotional representation of the fears of change and moving into new territory of which is universal and experienced by everyone at some point.

I'm sure the conclusion to rebuild will be a more polished commercial version that more people will be able to appreciate though.

Sy said:
devilrules666 said:
At first I was unsure about it but now I think the TV series ending is nothing short of brilliant. From the perspective of somebody in a different country I can say it was an impressively honest and emotional representation of the fears of change and moving into new territory of which is universal and experienced by everyone at some point.

I'm sure the conclusion to rebuild will be a more polished commercial version that more people will be able to appreciate though.

Actually for some reason i've got a feeling the ending to rebuild will be a mix between End of Eva and the TV ending. Though this may be the third film since i seem to remember somewhere that the first two films will be a re-cap of the series, the third will be a retelling of end of eva with the fourth being a new film to finish up the series completely

devilrules666 said:
so what did you think the ending was about?

ah sorry i didn't answer your question earlier :p

Well i think plot wise it was what was going through Shinji's mind as third impact was occuring (though this is never speficied clearly) the thoughts and processes he went through to ulimately decided to live and stop the whole goal of uniting mankind into a single being (assuming i understood Seele's goal correctly)

Well before this turns into an Eva topic I'm just going to throw in Monster as the most disappointing ending to an anime I've seen. After all the suspense and build up that kept me on the edge of my seat for the entire series run I felt the final moments with Johan and Tenma in the hospital ruined it. When there should have been a solid conclusion of events there was a huge question mark. The vision Tenma had and the fact that even though he was a known killer he was put in a normal hospital with no guards and a gentle breeze blowing through the window.... I don't know. I guess I just wanted to see the beginning of some form of justice for his actions in the final moments.

An otherwise brilliant and incredibly engaging series let down by it's final moments.

Back