Worst anime ending

BlackWolf said:
devilrules666 said:
so what did you think the ending was about?

ah sorry i didn't answer your question earlier :p

Well i think plot wise it was what was going through Shinji's mind as third impact was occuring (though this is never speficied clearly) the thoughts and processes he went through to ulimately decided to live and stop the whole goal of uniting mankind into a single being (assuming i understood Seele's goal correctly)

that's a interesting way to look at it. i wonder when the live action one will ever see the light of day?

devilrules666 said:
BlackWolf said:
devilrules666 said:

Well i think plot wise it was what was going through Shinji's mind as third impact was occuring (though this is never speficied clearly) the thoughts and processes he went through to ulimately decided to live and stop the whole goal of uniting mankind into a single being (assuming i understood Seele's goal correctly)

that's a interesting way to look at it. i wonder when the live action one will ever see the light of day?

Probably never now :cry:

On topic, another bad ending just came to me. Guyver the Bio Boosted Armour reason for it being bad? the fact that the series just ends, it resolves one plot thread and that's it, the bad guys are still in control, the guyver's are still drasticly outnumbered, the only good thing is the Guyver Gigantic

Of course that ending could be solved with a second season...

Last edited by a moderator:
you know what i watched the first episode on a newtype dvd way back and it didn't appreal to me for some reason.... the whole last season to the tenchi muyo saga was a lot of ****. he was meant to pick a bride and he didn't.

Its not really a bad ending... but i wanna see more ouran high school :p

The name of the ending that im thinking about isnt springing to mind atm, so ill edit this post when i remember it.

BlackWolf said:
devilrules666 said:
BlackWolf said:
devilrules666 said:

Probably never now :cry:

On topic, another bad ending just came to me. Guyver the Bio Boosted Armour reason for it being bad? the fact that the series just ends, it resolves one plot thread and that's it, the bad guys are still in control, the guyver's are still drasticly outnumbered, the only good thing is the Guyver Gigantic

Of course that ending could be solved with a second season...
Guyver was definately a disappointing ending, and really needs a second season.

Eva no question. Quite a few Anime series have meh endings, and equally many have bad ones. Eva however is just a non entity of massive proportions.

Other ones which come to mind include.

Eureka Seven: Not diabolical by any means, but I think the love heart thing on the moon REALLY spoilt any sense of reality, especially after the superb episodes leading up to it.

Martian Successor Nadesico: Rather meh, it reaches a general conclusion, but it doesn't have much meat on its bones. Then again, considering the diabolical film, this is gold in comparison

Hellsing: Just like the rest of the series (Hope ultimate is better!) it is all style over substance, but here it sort of lets things down a bit)

Ghost in the shell S.A.C 2nd Gig: While the series as a whole pales compared to the first one, I felt the ending was especially poor.

shaman king and yuyu hakusho did not ended properly in my opinion =( it built up so much antecipation and then... puff.. it's over :'(

GITS SSS was a kinda rubbish ending tbh.

GITS S.A.C 2nd Gig ending was alright......i mean, after all the action and hype throughout the series it was bound to be hard to bring it to a justifying end...too much hype can be a bad thing

.Hack// has gotta be the worst ending......the "and they all lived happily ever after" comes to mind ¬¬

I will have to say Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki such a let down to come up with that ending after so many years of waiting.

I can't really think of much else at the moment, but I do really hate when series just seem to end, or where thay are left just way to open and then no new series comes along.

Someone mentioned the Monster ending earlier? I actually rather liked that one; I felt it nicely undelined what Yohann says about there not being any real endings.

King Jimmeh said:
.hack//sign was an ok-ish ending. It was made after the games, as a lead-in to them.

I thought it was made roughly the same time as the games :? but nonetheless i thought it did a nice job of closing Tsukasa's storyline and introducing Aura and the twilight bracelet (the thing floating in the dumbell guardian...i think) Though the extra eps of SIGN were cool, with the characters from the games showing up and all

Wildcard said:
Someone mentioned the Monster ending earlier? I actually rather liked that one; I felt it nicely undelined what Yohann says about there not being any real endings.
That explanation just doesn't cut it for me. Sure there are a lot of great ending that are left open however this wasn't one of them. After all that's happened I find it hard to believe that he would be just left to recover in a normal hospital room and the image of the empty bed at the very end just made me think 'So is that it? This mass murder is just going to walk out scot free with no justice whatsoever being served?'. If it wasn't for that single minute where that happened I would say that Monster is near perfection.

Sy said:
devilrules666 said:
but eva's ending is a load of ****!
At first I was unsure about it but now I think the TV series ending is nothing short of brilliant. From the perspective of somebody in a different country I can say it was an impressively honest and emotional representation of the fears of change and moving into new territory of which is universal and experienced by everyone at some point.

I'm sure the conclusion to rebuild will be a more polished commercial version that more people will be able to appreciate though.

I couldn't agree with you more or put it any better. I adore the series ending so much that i nearly disregard EoE completely. I adore it for the very reasons you specified, so glad i'm not the only one lol.

An ending i didn't like was Gilgamesh, i really enjoyed nearly everything about that series up to that point. It was so well animated and artistic without being pretencious right up until the end which was just such a let down after all the build up.

gits SSS ending is ok compared to yuyu and shaman king... it's lke they go all over about some enemy and then, you see no battle, just a flashback chapter / eps saying "well, it all ended well"....

Sy said:
Wildcard said:
That explanation just doesn't cut it for me. Sure there are a lot of great ending that are left open however this wasn't one of them. After all that's happened I find it hard to believe that he would be just left to recover in a normal hospital room and the image of the empty bed at the very end just made me think 'So is that it? This mass murder is just going to walk out scot free with no justice whatsoever being served?'. If it wasn't for that single minute where that happened I would say that Monster is near perfection.

I see what you mean about how it ruins the sense of justice prevailing, but does that really matter? Yohann is a psychological wreck, locking him away or giving him the death sentence doesn't really address the issue. His existence and his crimes have been proven to the world which more or less derails his idea of 'the perfect suicide'. However I look at it, he's finished. It doesn't matter where he goes anymore or what he does - his schemes have been derailed and all he's left with are his personal demons.

Sure he could go out and kill more people, but the central themes of the series are concluded. That's just my view anyhow :p

His & Her Circumstances were left on only a cliff hanger, I was left quite peeved. :evil:

but it showed me some of the techniques of Gianax, and it was only my 2nd anime set as well

Back