Not really. Why would they keep their stuff on a competing streaming service now that the VRV partnership has ended.
I dunno. Their Crunchyroll deal lasted for a long time. I guess it's just a bit annoying from my pov. Trying to compete with Crunchyroll instead just seems futile. Only one winner here.

I dunno. Their Crunchyroll deal lasted for a long time. I guess it's just a bit annoying from my pov. Trying to compete with Crunchyroll instead just seems futile. Only one winner here.
I think it's especially clear now that the industry needs competition to drive each company to compare and improve. Making shows exclusive on separate services is annoying for the average consumer but this will hopefully be better in the long run.

Last edited:
It's just annoying. I hate using HIDIVE's app even though I pay the subscription; I'd rather pay a Sentai add-on fee for Crunchyroll or something and consolidate everything instead of having to re-authenticate the glitchy HIDIVE app every week and trying to work out why Saiyuuki Zeroin simply refuses to allow me to add it to my watchlist despite adding it every single Thursday all season long.

R

It's just annoying. I hate using HIDIVE's app even though I pay the subscription; I'd rather pay a Sentai add-on fee for Crunchyroll or something and consolidate everything instead of having to re-authenticate the glitchy HIDIVE app every week and trying to work out why Saiyuuki Zeroin simply refuses to allow me to add it to my watchlist despite adding it every single Thursday all season long.

R
Funnily enough I've never had any issues with HIDIVE through either their website or their mobile app. Must be something specific to the kind of app your using. Probably best to contact them to see if they can help.

Funnily enough I've never had any issues with HIDIVE through either their website or their mobile app. Must be something specific to the kind of app your using. Probably best to contact them to see if they can help.

I sent them a support request in November. Still waiting for a response. I don't buy the idea that competition increases quality for consumers when the entire catalogue on each site is effectively exclusive most of the time and they have my business whether or not their apps are any good :(

Competition is potentially good for customers when it happens at the production end, not so much when it means having a dozen different apps to do the job of one, each with their own unique bugs and behaviours. It causes a lot of confusion and decision paralysis for newer fans too, or those weaning themselves off piracy. Nobody likes to hear that of three new shows they're wanting to watch, each is on a completely different platform with a separate subscription fee!

R

Back