Winter 2020 Overview

Sarah

Staff
AUKN Staff
Now that Winter Streaming 2020 Season is over, the writers at Anime UK News have been looking back at the series that caught their attention. Is there a title that we missed?

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I assume it was @Demelza that picked If My Favourite Pop Idol Made it to the Budokan, I Would Die and In/Spectre. The heading was missing after Ian's section.
No one dared pick Interspecies Reviewers 😜 Maybe if @NormanicGrav got a pick.

My top 3 new shows are:
Eizouken, BOFURI and Budoukan.

But all topped by Chihayafuru 3, although as not only a sequel, but also continuing from Fall I tend to keep separate lists for those shows.

I assume it was @Demelza that picked If My Favourite Pop Idol Made it to the Budokan, I Would Die and In/Spectre. The heading was missing after Ian's section.
If I was involved with the Overview write-ups then perhaps, but considering the series is no longer available for legal streaming in the UK it won't qualify.

Yes it was, good catch. :p (I can't imagine what gave it away after I've been going on and on about In/Spectre...).

If I was involved with the Overview write-ups then perhaps, but considering the series is no longer available for legal streaming in the UK it won't qualify.
So that would have made BEASTARS eligible for this write up. Interesting to see no-one mention because of the hype it got last year.

Yes it was, good catch. :p (I can't imagine what gave it away after I've been going on and on about In/Spectre...).
To be fair @Sarah said it was a pick you made in her section when talking about Hanako-kun.

@D1tchd1gger : My bad! Many thanks for picking that up! And my apologies to @Demelza: your name was definitely there - but I wonder if I mistakenly cut it when custom-sizing the images or - more likely - adding the 'currently streaming on' below Ian's piece just before I scheduled last night...

@D1tchd1gger : And good point re. BEASTARS. I was hoping one of our team would offer their thoughts on this but thus far... (This is where I have to come clean and admit I haven't seen it because we don't have Netflix). Perhaps we could run a separate piece on it?

If I had watched more than the first two episodes, I might have been tempted to see if I could get away with mentioning Interspecies Reviewers, but I imagine @Sarah is pretty relieved that none of us did 😂.

RE: BEASTARS, it is on my watch list, but an issue I find with Netflix dumping everything out at once months later, is series end up fighting for my time against simulcasts and the other mountain of stuff I have going on. I would have preferred to be able to watch it weekly alongside my other simulcasts that season.

I actually did watch Beastars but admittedly didn’t like it even half as much as Budokan or In/Spectre. (I bounced off the manga too though tbf) 😥

Someone actually liked Magica Record what, like the cliffhanger too what. The cliffhanger for me is what made from bad to eating the original and disgracing it bad

Someone actually liked Magica Record what, like the cliffhanger too what. The cliffhanger for me is what made from bad to eating the original and disgracing it bad
I usually let cliffhangers slide if a particular show in question already has another season confirmed to carry on where they left off. In this case, Magia Record has another season confirmed, and is currently in production. By the way, I've yet to see Magia Record, or any Winter 2020 shows for that matter.

Last edited:
RE: BEASTARS, it is on my watch list, but an issue I find with Netflix dumping everything out at once months later, is series end up fighting for my time against simulcasts and the other mountain of stuff I have going on. I would have preferred to be able to watch it weekly alongside my other simulcasts that season.

Yeah, agree with you on this. The time gaps also make me forget about some shows quite frankly, so if it 's something where I might watch it, because it doesn't appear until 6 months later I'll have forgotten about it and won't bother. I honestly don't like Netflix's binge dumps especially when they do full simulcasts in Japan (and in some cases Netflix Japan will start the show before it airs on TV). Like it sucks BNA is stuck on Netflix as I love Trigger stuff and would have liked to watch it as it aired.

Yeah, agree with you on this. The time gaps also make me forget about some shows quite frankly, so if it 's something where I might watch it, because it doesn't appear until 6 months later I'll have forgotten about it and won't bother. I honestly don't like Netflix's binge dumps especially when they do full simulcasts in Japan (and in some cases Netflix Japan will start the show before it airs on TV). Like it sucks BNA is stuck on Netflix as I love Trigger stuff and would have liked to watch it as it aired.
Oh yeah, BNA looks really cool, but now it's doomed to just suffer the same fate..

At least the NX account is having fun selling BEASTARS to furries. You don't really see them talk about any other anime.

My top 3 new shows are:
Eizouken, BOFURI and Budoukan.

But all topped by Chihayafuru 3, although as not only a sequel, but also continuing from Fall I tend to keep separate lists for those shows.

Thank god I know where to get stuff like Interspecies Reviewers uncensored (it was funny but not exceptional) and other things to numerous to mention. I watched a few episodes of Beastars and dropped it due to an extreme lack of interest.

Back