Winter 2009 Anime Season: Our regular 'anime' crapfest...

Ammish

Stand User
http://www.joshsanimeblog.com/2008/12/1 ... e-preview/

Doesn't seem to be a lot of interesting animes, except Birdy got a second season and I've heard Birdy as a whole is a good anime. I am quite interested in Black God, despite starting off as a nerdy beginning.

But knowing me, I'll watch a few and then succumb and wander aimlessly around the net without picking up the anime again.

So what interest you?

Not much I want to watch it would seem, but that's probably a good thing given how much stuff I have on the go currently - should give me a breather till next season. Unless I hear rave recommendations I think I'll sit this season out.

The first one, Akikan!, sounds Anno-inspired.

If I have the time, Ride Back sounds interesting enough. Although the trailers are far from being good... Also, I'm incredibly behind on everything...

A few bits of interest on that list mainly Slayers and Black God with a few other possibles, but as usual I won't be watching them until I can hold the DVDs in my hands so I will have to make a list for about 2 years time. Although with more stuff being legally streamed I may give some a go if I run out of new DVDs to watch.

Looking forward to the second series of Natsume Yuujinchou, I really enjoyed the first series.
Other than that, it all looks a bit...meh.

Sequels abound - I'll be getting Slayers, Hajime No Ippo and Marimite if/when they come to DVD.

I might look at Genji and Natsume Yuujinchou if they come out here but won't stress if they don't - neither sounds like they'll change my life at this stage.

R

Will probably start with Kemono no Souja Erin, Ride back, Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo, Tetsuwan Birdy DECODE:02 (purely coz the first one was fairly decent) and a few others more than likely. Don't expect to finish most (if any) of them, but willing to give them the bandwidth until they prove to suck ****.
PS few more here.

Really only Maria-sama: Season 4 for me this time. But then I'm happy for that as I have a far few shows from Autumn still on-going, and oldies to catch up on.

nothing screams "WATCH ME" as slayers and Hajime no ippo. I've seen th first hajime no ippo series in a marathon, slayers season 1 I've seen on TV and looked forward to every new episode. marathoned the other two series though.

OMG! I didn't know about the Black God anime... Been collecting the manga instead (even if it hasn't been aired yet. lol).
It looks completely different in drawn style, but the look of that pic on the link makes Kuro a lot more mysterious. (Not a bad look for her, but she's more comedy relief at times as well. It doen't fit her character, but we'll see.)

Looking forward to Slayers Evo too, so I'll be looking forward to the next season.

Well akikan looks good...sounds crap

though i think i've heard of Maria holic before not sure where though. nothing that really captures my eye though

There doesn't look like there is much that i'm interested in at first glance at least. I think i'll read a bit more into some of them first off, but even then, i've still got a ton to watch through yet since i've not had the time to do so far yet, so i may not even get onto these until february.

white album might be interesting as well
..i can see panda z is gonna enjoy it at least

then again it is a bit 'william hague' on what the series is gonna follow

Will Watch:

Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th
Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger
Druaga no Tou: Sword of Uruk
Major 5th Season
Minami-ke Okaeri
Asu no Yoichi!
Black God
Akikan
Maria Holic

Might Look Into:

White Album
Sora o Kakeru Shoujo
Koukaku no Regios

Lots of sequals

... I've watched the first episode of Black God and I can only comment on the Anime and not the manga as I haven't read it.

For a long time, I am actually impressed with the episode. The main character seemed flawed, but not annoying... and the female character... gets beat up quite a lot.

Usually, females always win and avoid all the hard hits of the enemies' blows. But she gets her head smash againt the car and everything.

So it's nice to see a man not afraid to hit a woman in a anime.

Otaku-san said:
white album might be interesting as well
..i can see panda z is gonna enjoy it at least
Haha I must have missed that one when I first looked through the list - yeah, you're right, it's just my kind of thing :p
Just watching the first episode and it's pretty good so far :)

Back