Will Manga Entertainment Release Season 2 Of Squid Girl?

Invisible Crane

Adventurer
Manga UK released season 1 and since season 2 got a dub curtosy of Sentai Filmworks will that mean we will see a UK release of Squid Girl Season 2? (I hope so cause I can't find a cheap and affordable multiregion BD player at all since they go for about £500 and more)

If you just want to watch US/JP discs and the alternative is a £500 set, why not just buy a single region US player (or computer BD drive) and leave it on region A? It's much, much cheaper than £500! You could buy a dedicated BD-viewing computer or laptop for less than £500.

Coincidentally I just bought the US set today since I saw it had finally dropped in price on Amazon.com

R

(I hope so cause I can't find a cheap and affordable multiregion BD player at all since they go for about £500 and more)
What? You can buy multi region BD players for under £200, there's currently one on mrmdvd.com for £125. I mean it's still a lot of money but no where near £500. Also if you keep an eye on eBay Seiki region free players come up from time to time and the usually go for sub £50.

If what Jerome wrote on Twitter is anything to go by, the answer is no. This is going a few years back now I think, definitely some time ago but yeah I imagine it still stands. Poor sales was the reason if memory serves me correctly.

Best bet is what Rui & Buzz mentioned above.

Squid Girl is a Sentai title that will no doubt be geo-locked, there is no need to buy a multi-region player for it.

But get one anyway because the UK anime industry is a mess at the moment.

Did you mean any country that isn't 'Murica or Japan? Although prices are mostly better in the UK

French anime prices aren't bad, but just lack any English.

I'd definitely agree with Grav though that a US/Multi-region BD player is a must for a hardcore UK/EU anime fan to get ahold of titles that are either cheaper, or just not released/will never be released.

Back