Wii to buy or not to buy?

Deidara said:
I was gonna get one myself till I saw the amount of decent games out for it. The Wii shall fail unless more and better games come out quickly.

Which they will. All consoles start out like that, it's silly to assume the situation won't improve.

I've got a Wii, it's a good fun console but as mentioned before, it needs more decent games. Or at least, I need more money to buy more games....!

I thought I saw someone say that the PSP actually has - by far - a better selectıon of games than the Nıntendo DS. Someone just slapped me and I'm back ın realıty though, to thınk I would doubt people's common sense! Also I'd lıke to present a sımple fact so my post doesn't seem lıke I'm just kıckıng dırt wıthout backıng thıngs up. The Nıntendo DS hardware sales are so sky-hıgh that the combıned sales fıgures of the PS3, 360 and PSP stıll cannot pass the sales fıgures of the NDS.

Do you thınk all those people are buyıng a DS over a PSP because ıt has a good selectıon of qualıty tıtles or do you have a dıfferent theory as to why the Nıntendo DS ıs basıcally pıssıng all over the the PSP rıght now. Honestly, I use my PSP more than my DS for sure, but you know why? Because I use my PSP as an MP3 player, and when I'm not lıstenıng to musıc I'm not usıng my PSP, the selectıon of good game on the PSP ıs very lımıted for me when compared to the DS. The DS ıs my portable gamıng platform, the PSP ıs my portable MP3 and UMD player, nothıng more.

Nemphtis said:
I thought I saw someone say that the PSP actually has - by far - a better selectıon of games than the Nıntendo DS. Someone just slapped me and I'm back ın realıty though, to thınk I would doubt people's common sense! Also I'd lıke to present a sımple fact so my post doesn't seem lıke I'm just kıckıng dırt wıthout backıng thıngs up. The Nıntendo DS hardware sales are so sky-hıgh that the combıned sales fıgures of the PS3, 360 and PS3 stıll cannot pass the fıgures. Do you thınk all those people are buyıng a DS over a PSP because ıt has a good selectıon of qualıty tıtles or do you have a dıfferent theory as to why the Nıntendo DS ıs basıcally pıssıng all over the the PSP rıght now. Honestly, I use my PSP more than my DS for sure, but you know why? Because I use my PSP as an MP3 player, and when I'm not lıstenıng to musıc I'm not usıng my PSP, the selectıon of good game on the PSP ıs very lımıted for me when compared to the DS. The DS ıs my portable gamıng platform, the PSP ıs my portable MP3 and UMD player, nothıng more.

Well said.

Nemphtis said:
I thought I saw someone say that the PSP actually has - by far - a better selectıon of games than the Nıntendo DS. Someone just slapped me and I'm back ın realıty though, to thınk I would doubt people's common sense! Also I'd lıke to present a sımple fact so my post doesn't seem lıke I'm just kıckıng dırt wıthout backıng thıngs up. The Nıntendo DS hardware sales are so sky-hıgh that the combıned sales fıgures of the PS3, 360 and PSP stıll cannot pass the sales fıgures of the NDS.

Do you thınk all those people are buyıng a DS over a PSP because ıt has a good selectıon of qualıty tıtles or do you have a dıfferent theory as to why the Nıntendo DS ıs basıcally pıssıng all over the the PSP rıght now. Honestly, I use my PSP more than my DS for sure, but you know why? Because I use my PSP as an MP3 player, and when I'm not lıstenıng to musıc I'm not usıng my PSP, the selectıon of good game on the PSP ıs very lımıted for me when compared to the DS. The DS ıs my portable gamıng platform, the PSP ıs my portable MP3 and UMD player, nothıng more.

You are my hero =]

Oh, and, in my opinion, I think the Wii is worth the buy, the graphics aren't the best, but when it comes to some good, clean, simple fun, it's perfect.

It is worth getting a nintendo wii because even though there are few great games out on it and the new games won`t be out for ages there is the virtual console which has some really good games out on it like paper mario and super mario 64 . I got a wii and I play the virtual console games the most as well as wii sports which is great fun.

Well, there's quite a few games coming out this August for it, [America first, Europe 5737261 months later] so I'd hold out for a little longer if you want one. Otherwise buy something else.

Nemphtis said:

And thank for you for reminding me why I don't bother with this site's gaming forum.

DS is selling more than PSP because a) It's cheaper, b) it's got more mainstream games, like Nintendogs that appeal to children, c) Nintendo are much more experienced with handheld consoles than Sony are.

Has any other handheld survived against Nintendo? Nope. But is the PSP still outselling the 360 in Japan and the US? Yep. Sony are doing a great job with the PSP and it's ignorance like yours that fuels the perception of the PSP not having any good games, rather than actual fact.

If you just opened your eyes you'd find that the PSP does have lots and lots of great games, and by far a better selection in the past few months than the DS. Ratchet and Clank, Lenneth, MGS:pO, Crush - the only way you could have missed those games is if you were trying ...

And now, I'm finished here for good, aside from the "what are you playing thread". Adios!

Back